The simFlight Network Forums

Stream Deck Support in FSUIPC

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

No, I've never even heard of this before now! Seems to be something used for 'live streaming'. I'm not sure what support FSUIPC could provide for such a device.

I think the idea started for streaming, but it's essentially a button interface box (that happens to have a screen to allow you to "label" the buttons). It has an intuitive UI for configuring behaviors and an API for interfacing with it. I've seen several people use it for simming but it's a total kludge in most cases. There's a vJoy plugin for their app which would allow me to use it with FSUIPC, but the device itself can have profiles and the buttons themselves can actually show state (since it's just a screen). These are things that are missing. It would be nice to be able to use aircraft changes to load different button configurations (e.g. instead of having a generic panel with all the buttons for any airplane, load a config for specific planes), and to actually show the state of things (e.g. gear up/down, lights on/off).

4 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

when you create profiles in FSUIPC then they are related to Aircraft/planes only and change automatic when you change the Aircraft/plane. Check the FSUIPC manuals for Profiles and how to create them.

Thomas

It's not about the FSUIPC profiles, but the Stream Deck profiles (e.g. what button does what and show what image).

9 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

It would be nice to be able to use aircraft changes to load different button configurations (e.g. instead of having a generic panel with all the buttons for any airplane, load a config for specific planes), and to actually show the state of things (e.g. gear up/down, lights on/off).

Apart from LINDA, you could do all that yourself with a Lua plug-in, assuming that you have appropriate (accessible) interfaces to that device. 

Pete

Spad.Next is adding support for the Stream Deck, its already available in the beta version. Unfortunately the trial version doesn't allow for testing of beta builds, but I took the plunge anyway and it is working great and Spad.Next is a very powerful tool anyway. They are even adding support for VRInsight gear in the not too distant future. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andydigital said:

Spad.Next is adding support for the Stream Deck, its already available in the beta version. Unfortunately the trial version doesn't allow for testing of beta builds, but I took the plunge anyway and it is working great and Spad.Next is a very powerful tool anyway. They are even adding support for VRInsight gear in the not too distant future. 

Good to know, thanks. For now I'll probably use the vJoy actions without changing the button display state.

I actually ended up on this thread while looking for a bi-directional way of using the stream deck with a flight sim.

For those unaware, stream deck is sold as a button panel originally intended for 'streamers' but it is in fact just a configurable button panel you can technically use for anything.

The software supports custom plugins written in Java / c++ or objective C

I was really surprised the deck creators are not actually marketing this panel to Sim enthusiasts (Space / Flight / Farming etc etc), but it should be possible to make a custom plugin that connects to FSUIPC or even Simconnect and actually have 2 way communication between the buttons and FS in this case.

Edited by Conz
Typo

1 hour ago, Conz said:

I actually ended up on this thread while looking for a bi-directional way of using the stream deck with a flight sim.

For those unaware, stream deck is sold as a button panel originally intended for 'streamers' but it is in fact just a configurable button panel you can technically use for anything.

The software supports custom plugins written in Java / c++ or objective C

I was really surprised the deck creators are not actually marketing this panel to Sim enthusiasts (Space / Flight / Farming etc etc), but it should be possible to make a custom plugin that connects to FSUIPC or even Simconnect and actually have 2 way communication between the buttons and FS in this case.

There are two projects that you can use:

https://github.com/nguyenquyhy/Flight-Tracker-StreamDeck which doesn't need FSUIPC and is bidirectional (e.g. update state)

https://github.com/ashupp/Streamdeck-vJoy for which you probably want FSUIPC, but can always directly map to MSFS as well

I have created a small proof of concept addon that only has a gear button.

it shows the current state ( no gear / up / in transition / down ) and toggles the gear with a keypress.

this is superior to using just any keypress or joystick animation since it can show the current state in the little screen.

It would probably even be possible to draw a artificial horizon or something like that in the icons 🙂

I would like help in form of ideas, code support, icons / graphics and stuff like that. I'll definatly make it open source.

here is a small video capture of the gear button in action: https://imgur.com/a/aUZ3Jl9

• 5 months later...
On 9/7/2020 at 5:36 AM, Andydigital said:

HI I'm a newbie and I have both Spad.Next (full version) and Streamdeck XL.  There is a paucity of info out there, at least as far as I can find.  Did you install your streamdeck, software and all, and it then appears in Spad.Next?  I'm more than a bit confused.  Wish there was a tutorial or YouTube video walking through it.

Thanks

On 2/22/2021 at 9:37 PM, Cloudbuster said:

Did you install your streamdeck, software and all, and it then appears in Spad.Next? 

Thats probably a question you should ask on the SPAD.Next support forums.

There is this plugin for Streamdeck for FSUIPC - not sure if it also works for the XL but if not it should be adaptable.: 

• 1 year later...