The simFlight Network Forums

transponder off/sby/on/alt/tst

szeliga90

Hi.

Is there anyway to map switching transponder between off/standby/on/alt/test in non-g1000 planes like cessna 152 and cessna 172?

I tried 'XPNDR' control with different parameters as well as XPNDR toggle (sb4), XPNDR stby (sb4) as well as offsets x0B6F and x3BE4 but nothing seems to work.

5 hours ago, szeliga90 said:

Is there anyway to map switching transponder between off/standby/on/alt/test in non-g1000 planes like cessna 152 and cessna 172?

to my knowledge there's never been any built-in facilities for transponders in any version of FS for any aircraft apart from setting the transponder code. Any on/off and mode settings have always been local to the specific gauges in the models, and possibly controllable via Local Panel Variables ("L:Vars") if anything.

Currently there's no chance of accessing anything specific and local to gauges like L:Vars from an external program like FSUIPC. We have requested such facilities from MS/Asobo, but, even then, whether they are applied to such switches is unpredictable.

Pete

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, szeliga90 said:

It looks like there is a new simvar for this - TRANSPONDER_STATE:

Transponder State:[index]
0 = Off
1 = Standby
2 = Test
3 = On
4 = Alt
5 = Ground

Its also documented as read/write, but looks to be only readable at the moment.

I'll find a free offset and add this, but it won't be writeable until this has been corrected in the SDK/ SimConnect.

John

• Thanks 1