The simFlight Network Forums

Response Time very large

overflow

I use Prosim. The OH panel is connected but the response time of the switches is very long, up to one second. 
When I open it in FSUIPC6 the response is almost real time.
This is also not due to MSFS, because I don't have to start it to test the connection to FSUIPC7

3 hours ago, overflow said:

I use Prosim. The OH panel is connected but the response time of the switches is very long, up to one second. 

Surely ProSim is supposed to be using SimConnect directly, not FSUIPC? 

As Thomas says, if it is in FSUIPC, without MSFS, you are somehow detecting changes (you don't describe how you see the change in FSUIPC...?) then it has something to do with it's interface to FSUIPC. Where are you viewing this OH panel if you aren't running MSFS?

Pete

1 hour ago, overflow said:

As soon as I start FSUIPC 7 and Prosim in parallel ( MSFS is not needed at all for this test) the switches have long response times

How are you seeing this? I don't understand. Where are you looking to see the action of the switches? What is ProSim actually sending to change a switch?

On my cockpit FSUIPC interfaces TO Prosim for all my switches. ProSim doesn't send any switch settings BACK to my cockpit. The traffic is cockpit -> FSUIPC -> ProSim. Then Prosim acts on whatever the switches request, via the offsets I've programmed in its settings. How is it yours is in reverse?

Pete

Sorry, Pete, I didn't write it. It's not hardware but the software OH Panel from Prosim. I see after click the response time.

For testing I only need the Prosim basic software, the OH (Software) and FSUIPC.

The same test works in P3D, but of course FS has to be started to couple FSUIPC.

I can also start the MSFS, because I could integrate the Prosim flight model there. It is the same result. P3D over FSUIPC 6 fast, MSFS over FSUIPC 7 slow

Hi,

FSUIPC7 needs as well MSFS running as it constant tries to connect as priority. It might process some Offsets in the background but not as proper work because MSFS is not recognized.

So you have to run MSFS to use FSUIPC7, FSUIPC7 does not have a standalone server mode where you can read / write Offsets.

I think that will answer your problem.

Thomas

1 hour ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

FSUIPC7 needs as well MSFS running as it constant tries to connect as priority. It might process some Offsets in the background but not as proper work because MSFS is not recognized.

So you have to run MSFS to use FSUIPC7, FSUIPC7 does not have a standalone server mode where you can read / write Offsets.

I think that will answer your problem.

Thomas

No, I wrote:

"I can also start the MSFS, because I could integrate the Prosim flight model there. It is the same result. P3D over FSUIPC 6 fast, MSFS over FSUIPC 7 slow"

Further:

Prosim has its own server. This server communicates with FSUIPC and forwards the result to the corresponding software panel.
At the latest when Prosim is officially released for FS2020, the problem will be there. I just wanted to let you know.

Thank you

2 hours ago, overflow said:

It's not hardware but the software OH Panel from Prosim.

In versions 1 and 2 of ProSim, tThe Prosim panel display is part of ProSimPanels.exer. In version 3 it's now within ProSimDisplay.exe. Either way the link between ProSim and its parts is direct (via TCP or UDP protocol to/from an IP Address), it is NOT via FSUIPC. FSUIPC lierally is out of it.

1 hour ago, overflow said:

Prosim has its own server. This server communicates with FSUIPC and forwards the result to the corresponding software panel.

No, all of ProSim's parts talk to each other directly, not via FSUIPC.

Pete

I have Prosim v2 and use FSUIPC Connection because my OH is only the software panel. You have right , but Hardware is by me MCP and EICAS and CDU. This works direct.

See attachment

fsiuipc.JPG

My Instruments working all over WideFS and Laptop + 10" Faytech Monitor.

The Hardware over USB serial Port and Silicon Labs UART Bridge. this Module working fast . Over FSUIPC slow..

In P3D is this no problem with FSUIPC 6

31 minutes ago, overflow said:

My Instruments working all over WideFS and Laptop + 10" Faytech Monitor.

The Hardware over USB serial Port and Silicon Labs UART Bridge. this Module working fast . Over FSUIPC slow..

Sorry, you only now mention any hardware.  does this hardware have switches on it? Are the switches assigned in FSUIPC? What are they assigned to, exactly? How do they relate to ProSim and its overhead display? In which part of all this is your "delay" occurring?

You need to realise that we cannot guess what you are doing or what you are dealing with. you need to say exactly what it is you have configured and how and where your problem is.

For example, if you don't run ProSim or the overhead display, and if FSUIPC is programmed to change offset values by your switch changes, do you see the results of your assignments in FSUIPC? Is the delay between the switches and FSUIPC, or is ProSim not reacting to the changes in the offsets fast enough?

Also, where is everything located? FSUIPC on the same PC as ProSim? Where does WideFS come in? You see, we know nothing about what you are doing!

Pete

Pete the hardware works smoothly and without loss of speed. just like in P3D also.

It is about this software panel in the picture, the OH, on touch screen. It works on the Main PC, where FSUIPC is located.In P3D with FSUIPC 6 the switches work in real time and with FSUIPC 7 they have a delay of up to one second after touch . There is nothing to configure because the panel is already fully configured when FSUIPC is selected as IO module.
So,  with FSUIPC 6 usage fast, with FSUIPC 7 usage slow. The conditions do not change.
I just wanted to have it communicated.

OH.JPG

Pete the hardware works smoothly and without loss of speed. just like in P3D also.

Hardware is hardware. We are needing to talk about software -- specifically where the software fits in. What is doing what to what?

All my hardware works by itself but accomplishes nothing without software. I'm not implying your hardware is "slow". How can it be? I assume it is just switches and wires and things.

You seem to be assuming I know all about your set up and what it is doing, how it is arranged.  Please do not make any such assumptions!

It is about this software panel in the picture, the OH, on touch screen.

But that is all software (well, apart from the touch screen itself). So where does your super-fast hardware come in? And I certainly don't need to see pictures of the 737 overhead -- I have a proper hardware one myself in any case. 

where FSUIPC is located.In P3D with FSUIPC 6 the switches work in real time and with FSUIPC 7 they have a delay of up to one second after touch . There is nothing to configure because the panel is already fully configured when FSUIPC is selected as IO module.

Sorry, this is going in circles. I thought you said the overhead display was ProSim's display, which would be from "ProSimPanel.exe". If not,what software are you using for your touchscreen display? And why keep on about your "fast hardware"?

If that display is ProSim's, then FSUIPC is not involved.  The display and ProSim737.exe talk directly to each other, NOT via FSUIPC!

I'm afraid that so far you've explained nothing, but only succeeded in confusing things more and more. I think you need to start again and explain exactly what part you think FSUIPC is playing in all this, and what on Earth your 'fast hardware' has got to do with it.

Pete

Once again :

1. I have a MCP from CP Flight connected via serial USB
2. I have an Engravity CDU connected via the UART bridge.

For both the Prosim Gauges work in real time. Both via FSUIPC 6 and FSUIPC 7

Because I do not have any hardware for the OH I use the software OH -Panel shown in the picture above via the touch screen. This simulates the hardware OH correctly.

This panel reacts correctly via FSUIPC 6. Tap and the switch reacts immediately. 
The same configuration only with FSUIPC 7 (which works independently outside the Sim) leads to delays in the reaction of the switch

What is so complicated about this? All Prosim software is set up to use FSUIPC as IO modules. ( see picture in the last article ) Everything, including the hardware components, no matter which hardware interface they are connected to.

Actually I just wanted to report it, because it is a beta.
Thanks for your efforts.

Maybe other people will contact you later, when the software is officially available for MSFS. I am only a developer, who brought the Prosim v2 flight model into MSFS before  for me and flightable with all systems excludes lights and effects.

https://prosim-ar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20520&start=80

I am "simmershome" there.

Thank you again and sorry for my bad English. This is not my national language

10 hours ago, overflow said:

This panel reacts correctly via FSUIPC 6. Tap and the switch reacts immediately. 
The same configuration only with FSUIPC 7 (which works independently outside the Sim) leads to delays in the reaction of the switch

What is so complicated about this? All Prosim software is set up to use FSUIPC as IO modules. ( see picture in the last article ) Everything, including the hardware components, no matter which hardware interface they are connected to.

But FSUIPC is not involved in interfacing to your CPFlight or Engravity hardware -- ProSim has its own drivers for those -- and it most certainly has nothing to do with your overhead panel which is effectively part of ProSim.

10 hours ago, overflow said:

But FSUIPC does not interface to those devices or the overhead touch screen. ProSim will be using FSUIPC to talk to MSFS, not to those devices.

This is why I want to know what part you think FSUIPC has in all this. FSUIPC is not an "IO Module" it is an Interface to the simulator. You seem to be assuming ProSim connects to your devices, including your touch screen, through FSUIPC. I am trying to understand why you think this. Has someone in ProSim told you this?

We need to make sense of reports like yours so that we can understand what might be going wrong. At present i still don't understand your set up. You say it is not complicated, but seem to think it operates in a way it cannot possible do.

You also said, earlier, it is the same whether MSFS is running or not. But as FSUIPC is the interface between ProSim and MSFS, there can be nothing happening in ProSim, even for your switches and touch screen buttons, until MSFS is running. ProSim will be waiting on results in Offset values which FSUIPC has to read from MSFS. 

I use ProSim for my hardware 737NG cockpit and I know it cannot really do anything at all till the sim is up and running.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I use ProSim for my hardware 737NG cockpit and I know it cannot really do anything at all till the sim is up and running.

ok, just try it. The Prosim logic can be operated as soon as FSUIPC is running. It just can't communicate with the flight model as long as FS is not running.
Of course, instruments will not have a connection then either. But the switch logic works. Maybe it is because of Prosim. In this case it is only unclear to me why it runs with FSUIPC 6 and has such phenomena with FSUIPC 7.

Let it rest. I thank you for your efforts. I can fly, even if with restrictions for the time being.
Thank you again.

12 minutes ago, overflow said:

ok, just try it. The Prosim logic can be operated as soon as FSUIPC is running.

Well, it most certainly won't do anything useful.  Mostly it must be waiting for certain things to be indicated in the FSUIPC Offsets. Things that cannot be there till MSFS is running -- running properly, ready to fly.

I suggest you go ask ProSim support about what should be occurring before there's actually any simulator to talk to and get information from. FSUIPC will just be dormant, waiting.

Pete

4 hours ago, overflow said:

it is only unclear to me why it runs with FSUIPC 6 and has such phenomena with FSUIPC 7.

FSUIPC6 runs as an embedded dll in the sim, and so the sim is always running/available in FSUIPC6 (as well as FSUIPC5, FSUIPC4, etc).

FSUIPC7 is now an exe, and runs independently of the FS. However, this can cause issues if the sim is not running and you are using specific hardware/drivers that expect the sim to be available (or, at least, the offsets in FSUIPC populated when the sim becomes available).

If using such devices, then you really need MSFS running. 

5 hours ago, overflow said:

Maybe it is because of Prosim. In this case it is only unclear to me why it runs with FSUIPC 6 and has such phenomena with FSUIPC 7.

I can check this with ProSim V3 tomorrow (my 737NG cockpit is now completely converted to V3, I can't check V2 without a lot of changes on the 7 PC used as part of the setup).

What I will do is just run ProSim V3 plus ProSimDisplay with a couple of panels displayed, and run FSUIPC7 for it to link to. I don't have MSFS installed on that system yet -- it looks to be a long time before it will be suited to proper cockpit use. But you say you don't need MSFS running in any case 9though that still puzzled me).

If it looks to be very slow dealing with switch changes on any of the panels then the best way to find out whether it is because it is trying to deal with something in FSUIPC is to enable ipcRead and ipcWrite Logging in FSUIPC7's' log options. The log should show what it is asking for.

I strongly suspect that it needs things happening which just won't happen without the Sim actually running, and, if the delay is the same with MSFS running, these things aren't happening then either. In other words, it needs things not yet implemented in MSFS Simconnect and therefore not supportable yet in FSUIPC.

Pete

On 9/11/2020 at 5:54 PM, Pete Dowson said:

I strongly suspect that it needs things happening which just won't happen without the Sim actually running, and, if the delay is the same with MSFS running, these things aren't happening then either. In other words, it needs things not yet implemented in MSFS Simconnect and therefore not supportable yet in FSUIPC.

Yes, I wrote to begin. With MSFS the same.

But it can also be due to simconnect. That doesn't really seem mature to me.
Prosim v2 is unfortunately no longer supported, but I don't need v3 for my small cockpit.

Prosim v2 is unfortunately no longer supported, but I don't need v3 for my small cockpit.

I won't have a chance to look at what Prosim V3 is doing till Monday, but to be honest I can't see how it can be anything else but its dependence on something it expects SimConnect to provide, whether via FSUIPC offsets of directly though its own SimConnect link (which both V2 and V3 have even if you have selected FSUIPC support).  Without MSFS running FSUIPC is really just dormant so it isn't adding to any processing time. it will be some part of ProSim itself.

I'm a little surprised you haven't actually asked the ProSim chaps, but I suppose that you shouldn't really at present as it isn't actually supporting MSFS at present (and V2 never will of course -- meaning you'll have to update if you really want to use it in the future with MSFS).

Anyway, I'll post details of what I find here, but not till Monday at the earliest.

Pete

Hi,

just to confirm. I installed ProSim 1.48b25, the latest download I have from V1, and there is NO delay you experience. Running Systems, Panel and display on the same PC as MSFS and FSUIPC7.

Testing with Cessna CJ4 Citation as this is the closest AC (A320 has its own logic and wouldn't really a test object & too may known errors). No hardware in ProSim defined or any, other than a Joystick, is used:

- only Prosim running -> no delays on Panel or Display
- FSUIPC7 & Prosim running -> no delays on Panel or Display
- MSFS & FSUIPC & Prosim running -> no delays on Panel or Display

I actually don't see any delays in the panel or display at all. You might have a different ProSim v1 version in use.

Thomas

2 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

You might have a different ProSim v1 version in use.

I think he mentioned version 2. Version 1 is pretty old. I'll be checking with version 3 tomorrow (but without MSFS).

Anyway, your tests do indicate that whatever the problem is, it needs looking at in ProSim rather than FSUIPC.

Pete

9 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

he is using v1.56 - 29. Dez 2017.

Blimey! That is rather out of date!

9 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Version 2 doesn't work at all as it complains about a unknown FSUIPC and FS.

Oh, I see. Well I'll try Version 3 this morning, but only with FSUIPC7, no MSFS.

Pete