Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Internal Lights and Takeoff Dynamics


Matty260191
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Matty260191 said:

So now that the jets are almost perfect for me what I want to know is when will you be looking at fixing the internal lights so they work all day, and also when will you fix the flight dynamics so rotation is less like a switch? And will the right doors ever open again?

The takeoff of the E195 is ridiculous, that alone prevents me from using this aircraft.

I wonder if I until this is fixed, is there a way to alter the aircraft.cfg to fix this for now....?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Matty260191 said:

So now that the jets are almost perfect for me what I want to know is when will you be looking at fixing the internal lights so they work all day, and also when will you fix the flight dynamics so rotation is less like a switch? And will the right doors ever open again?

Yes, the lights need to be fixed. In prepar3d v5, when you turn some lights on, the windshield becomes green. Let's hope for a developer fix, i think it's a model problem (MDL)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Matty260191 said:

I mean you just gotta have you control throws and sensitivity set right you can get a smooth rotation but its a challenge more than it should be. But it does need addressing. 

You mean joystick settings?

 

8 hours ago, Riky FSX said:

Yes, the lights need to be fixed. In prepar3d v5, when you turn some lights on, the windshield becomes green. Let's hope for a developer fix, i think it's a model problem (MDL)

Or wait for FSLSpotlights to get v5 compatible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2020 at 1:56 PM, Matty260191 said:

So now that the jets are almost perfect for me what I want to know is when will you be looking at fixing the internal lights so they work all day, and also when will you fix the flight dynamics so rotation is less like a switch? And will the right doors ever open again?

I'm still waiting to be able to test SP2, but it seems like it has not corrected the takeoff rotation problem. The lack of a fix to this problem is disappointing.

A while back Feel said they might look at it, but there was nothing to indicate they accept there is anything wrong. 

Rotation in v3 is totally unrealistic, and the ridulous jumping effect has been reported many times in this forum. I had mentioned before that it can be mitigated, to some extent, by using incorrect trim settings and high rotation speeds, but that is not a satisfactory solution. I hope this can be fixed because smooth rotation is such an important characteristic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have 195, the rotation on 170/190 is "controllable" but still feel odd.

I think the underling problem is CG and Trim, For 190, the "Normal" CG for feelthere are around 40%~50%, while IRL the range is 5~29, and the trim for TO IRL is -0.5~3.5, but in game the green band is 2~4, and I can only guess where the trim should be, that will give odd rotation and initial climb behavior for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, C2615 said:

I don't have 195, the rotation on 170/190 is "controllable" but still feel odd.

I think the underling problem is CG and Trim, For 190, the "Normal" CG for feelthere are around 40%~50%, while IRL the range is 5~29, and the trim for TO IRL is -0.5~3.5, but in game the green band is 2~4, and I can only guess where the trim should be, that will give odd rotation and initial climb behavior for sure.

Can anyone share for the E175/E195 what trim settings can be used to reduce this rocket launch effect?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Shom said:

Can anyone share for the E175/E195 what trim settings can be used to reduce this rocket launch effect?

I only use the E195. I had found with my setup that trim at +5.0 is about optimum for a flaps 2 takeoff at all weights at normal temperatures and altitudes.  As others have said, this is outside the correct trim range.  I also found that using a slightly higher Vr helps with the takeoff transition in v3 Ejets, but it's still not anything like smooth, and certainly not realistic.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Folks, we are investigating these issues. We are not ignoring your feedback 🙂

Ariel, thanks for that.

The v3 Ejets are a good product, but they could be very good. The reports by users here are mainly intended to be constructive, but I'm sure that many of us wish that FeelThere would be a bit more communicative about reported issues. It often looks like fault reports are being ignored, even if you may be working on them. An occasional acknowledgement makes such a difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2020 at 11:51 PM, Biggles2010 said:

I only use the E195. I had found with my setup that trim at +5.0 is about optimum for a flaps 2 takeoff at all weights at normal temperatures and altitudes.  As others have said, this is outside the correct trim range.  I also found that using a slightly higher Vr helps with the takeoff transition in v3 Ejets, but it's still not anything like smooth, and certainly not realistic.

 

Oh man I tried 5 it's better but still pitches up like a rocket..

@FeelThere please fix this as it's really an issue (E195)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spent a day or two trying SP2 and it seems to be a big improvement. It looks like FeelThere have changed rather more than the few things mentioned by Vic in the release posting.

The initial jump on rotation has pretty much gone, and the rotation seems more controllable. Not perfect, but much better.

With SP2 I tested at 2 takeoff weights, 43000Kg and 52000Kg.  I found I could get an acceptable rotation with trim at +3.5 at both weights. It did not need the +5.0 that I used with SP1. There is still a marked tendency for the nose to continue rising. This is partly controlled by a small amount of down trim as the gear is raised. Also don't be in too much hurry to raise the gear, it's not a fighter, and raising it too early will increase the nose up pitching effect.

To me it still feels a bit overpowered, accelerating and climbing, at max takeoff weight, a bit faster than I would expect, but it is definitely more manageable than before SP2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

I spent a day or two trying SP2 and it seems to be a big improvement. It looks like FeelThere have changed rather more than the few things mentioned by Vic in the release posting.

The initial jump on rotation has pretty much gone, and the rotation seems more controllable. Not perfect, but much better.

With SP2 I tested at 2 takeoff weights, 43000Kg and 52000Kg.  I found I could get an acceptable rotation with trim at +3.5 at both weights. It did not need the +5.0 that I used with SP1. There is still a marked tendency for the nose to continue rising. This is partly controlled by a small amount of down trim as the gear is raised. Also don't be in too much hurry to raise the gear, it's not a fighter, and raising it too early will increase the nose up pitching effect.

To me it still feels a bit overpowered, accelerating and climbing, at max takeoff weight, a bit faster than I would expect, but it is definitely more manageable than before SP2.

For me at trim +5 the pitching up is still ridiculous in SP2 (at about the same weights you described, I experienced the same in a TO-2 takeoff).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.