The simFlight Network Forums

Internal Lights and Takeoff Dynamics

Matty260191

For me SP2 has been a big and unexpected improvement in takeoff dynamics, though still not totally smooth.  For those still having takeoff issues it would be interesting to have more information on the circumstances at the time. The following things all have an affect on aircraft behaviour.

Takeoff weight

Flap setting

Trim setting

Rrotate speed used

Initial climb speed set on AT

Are you relying on the Flight Director for pitch attitude

What controller is being used

I base my own procedure on some advice an Ejet pilot gave on this forum in the past, plus what I had been taught many years ago.   'At Vr rotate smoothly, over 2 or 3 seconds, to get the aircraft into a climbout attitude. This will usually be about 16 to 17 degrees up, on the Attitude Indicator. Just before reaching this attitude, expect to push forward slightly to avoid over pitching.  Don't chase the Flight Director.  Select Gear Up and reduce nose up trim by about 0.5 to keep controls in trim. This should allow the AT to maintain climbout speed, typically V2 plus 10, until AP is selected.

• Like 1

As a real pilot I agree SP2 is a change, specially with the A/T.

The takeoff rotation is unrealistic.

A very good and game changer will be adding the SR module with the ability to land in London City  without improvising.

I hope a hotfix will be release soon so we can enjoy the bird that will be with us for a long time in the near future.

Not sure of 175/195, but 170 and 190 need a very serious change on [airplane_geometry] in aicraft.cfg to get the CG correct.

Right now the E170's CG is at almost 0%, and E190 at 50%, totally unrealistic as the real craft it at around 25% (7-27 on 170 and 5-29 on 190)

The green band of TO trim on 170 it ok, but on 190, it should from DN1.5 to UP4.

But guess what, change things in [airplane_geometry]  doesn't actually change any flight dynamics in game (per P3D's SDK doc, and my experience as well)

So feelthere should just do it, and tweak the trim display on the gaugues, thus we can use the realworld data by weight and CG to get the proper trim for takeoff. As almost all other aircraft add-ons in the same price range(and even at half of this price) do.

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:41 AM, FeelThere Ariel said:

Folks, we are investigating these issues. We are not ignoring your feedback 🙂

That was in September. It's now mid-December and still no fix to the rotation problem in E195!!!!!