The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 and 4 on same PC issue

katoema

I have a new PC for MSFS and have now FSX on it as well. I have two other computers which act as clients, both of these I placed WideFS.  Wide FS will not connect for FSX and neither for MSFS.

The .ini file on one says it has picked up FSUIPC7 when I was running FSX, hence no connection!

Any ideas to on what to do?

Thanks

Martin

Hi,

WideFS is build into FSUIPC and FSUIPC7, I guess you mean WideClient?

Make sure you use latest WideClient version. When setting up a new problem most likely your problems are related to your network settings. When downloading WideClient ZIP file it contains WideFS User Guide.pdf file that very well describes the important settings for the network. Please check and follow that manual.

Latest WideClient 7.157,  WideClient 7.157

Thomas

Giving an update:

MSFS: WideClient connected, no log file produced and the ini file only shows the initial Config of Port, Window and Visible=Yes.

FSX: WideClient waiting for a connection, no ini information or log produced.

FSUIPC folder for MSFS is place on the same Disc as MSFS itself.

FSUIPC for FSX is in the Modules folder of FSX.

Should a connection be possible with both MSFS and FSX on the same computer?

Martin

I found beneath the desktop items that were open there was an Administrator request to accept WideClient. This had not happened on any of the other computers. It is now functioning for FSX.

Edited by katoema
Resolved issue

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, thanks for the update.

OK, now for the funny part: I am running LittleNavMap which will only run FSX at the moment, Alex currently updating for a MSFS connection, etc.

On another PC I have Plan G and should not be able to connect to MSFS... It is showing the MSFS planes with the Asobo  reg numbers!

Both connected by WideClient.

Martin

2 minutes ago, katoema said:

I am running LittleNavMap which will only run FSX at the moment

Are you sure? This was working in MSFS, but I think it is/was only showing AI traffic and not also multi-player traffic.

4 minutes ago, katoema said:

Both connected by WideClient.

Most, if not all, FSUIPC/WideClient client programs should work with MSFS, assuming the offsets/controls they are using are working in MSFS. I think some clients might have (had) issues due to the FS version reported though, but that should be trivial update.

LittleNaMap doesn't use FSUIPC/WideClient. I think it uses the 32-bit SimConnect.

John, Alex is working on MSFS, yes it connects through LittleNavConnect,with my FSX scenery, but we're waiting for the facility to have full connection to the MSFS scenery, etc.

Thanks for clarifying about client programs. Again, with Plan G, it will be the FSX scenery for present.

Martin