The simFlight Network Forums

737 Max Planes Being rebranded

ATC AlaskaGuy

well its official the Boeing 737 Max-8 737 Max-9 737 Max-10 and the 737 Max-7 are all being rebranded these aircraft will just have the Max taken out of the name and will be 737 -7 737-8 737-9 and 737-10 just thought that everyone should know about this not sure yet if that FeelThere or Nyerges Design know yet or not but it is on the Boeing.com website that these aircraft are being rebranded so not sure how that is going to change the ICAO and IATA codes for the planes will be interesting to see though.

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

well its official the Boeing 737 Max-8 737 Max-9 737 Max-10 and the 737 Max-7 are all being rebranded these aircraft will just have the Max taken out of the name and will be 737 -7 737-8 737-9 and 737-10 just thought that everyone should know about this not sure yet if that FeelThere or Nyerges Design know yet or not but it is on the Boeing.com website that these aircraft are being rebranded so not sure how that is going to change the ICAO and IATA codes for the planes will be interesting to see though.

Link please. 

2 hours ago, hexzed said:

It seems to be more of a rumour than anything. https://onemileatatime.com/boeing-737-8/

Boeing website still has max all over it.

I definitely saw the rumor elsewhere but like you found nothing on the Boeing site. That's why I asked for the link because @ATC AlaskaGuy specifically said "it is on the Boeing.com website that these aircraft are being rebranded". @ATC AlaskaGuy, care to enlighten us?

According to several sources there is no official statement from Boeing. As far as I know, the last official statement from Boeing on the 737 MAX is from February 2020.
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2020-02-17-Boeing-Enlists-Ken-Feinberg-and-Camille-Biros-to-Oversee-50-Million-Boeing-Community-Investment-Fund-to-Support-Communities-Affected-by-Lion-Air-Flight-610-and-Ethiopian-Airlines-Flight-302-Accidents

After the purchase, it seems that Enter Air's press statement referred to 737-8 and not 737 MAX and it is believed that 737-8 is also written in the purchase agreement. But this does not necessarily mean that there will be a rebranding.
There were similar rumors last year when Ryanair had some aircraft painted with the designator 737-8200 and not 737 MAX or 737 MAX 200.

I think airlines do it in order not to worry their customers with the MAX because the name does not have the best reputation in terms of safety.
But, as said, it doesn't have to mean that there is a rebranding by Boeing. But it also does not exclude it and a good rumor can have its charm! 😉

47 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

this is a news article I found on this very subject I am also posting this on my Facebook page to.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boeing-737-max-name-change-rebrand-2020-8

You specifically said that it was officially announced on the Boeing website they were rebranding the Max. This article headline says “may”. Do you still stand by your statement that Boeing has made an official announcement? If so, please share a link from the Boeing site. 

For the record, I’m not questioning that they will rebrand the Max. I’m questioning the way you have stretched rumors into an official Boeing press release.

@Braf123456 Great picture, definitely looks like they are rebranding - there’s no argument about that. But, again, unless I’m mistaken - Woodys Aeroimages is not an official Boeing social media outlet. 

PS - the phrase is two cents. 

For the record, I’m very supportive of the development of the next version of the Tower series simulator. I’ve provided many wishlist items on my own but more importantly I led an effort on the Discord MP server (that I created for the community) to gather, consolidate, and submit 69 wishlist items. The hope for  a new version that takes things to the next level (as Vic once stated) is why I stick around apparently to your disdain. But, I no longer choose to support the current “game”, as you put it. However, historically I did create custom schedules (was the first to create snippets and weekly schedules), helped squash several bugs with in-depth analysis, and beta tested several DLCs for FT and ND. 

I know this pales in comparison to what all you have done and will do for this community, but it is what it is.

PS2 - I looked for a custom schedule by you and couldn’t find one. Do you have one? Maybe it will inspire me and others to “support the game” 

PS3 - I can’t wait for EGLL. 

2 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

Here is a picture from a Boeing plant in washington

7 minutes ago, crbascott said:

definitely looks like they are rebranding - there’s no argument about that

This is the incident I mentioned that happened over a year ago. At that time (until today) there has been no rebranding.
Changing the name of a damaged brand is an often used marketing strategy. It is quite possible that Boeing will make such a move. However, just because an airline dispenses with the word MAX in its press release or another has the name changed on a few aircraft does not mean that a rebranding has taken place. There is no large-scale re-labelling of all the jets and no official statement from Boeing that I know of.
I'm not saying that it won't happen, but until it does, I agree with @crbascott that there should be no announcement that a rebranding has been done.
An official source that confirms such a rebranding could not be referred to in this thread so far.

• Like 1

Airlines call their planes all sorts of things = branding. Eastern 'back in the day' rebranded the 727 as Whisperjets (funny as the planes were not at all quiet).

Boeing didn't call the 727's Whisperjets.  Boeing very happy to put whatever name the purchaser wanted as long as the check cleared.

Boeing's well known true rebranding was the MD90 to the 717 (displacing/replacing the actual Boeing designed 717 in the process).

2 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

also enter air has ordered ...

This is airline branding not Boeing changing the name of what they sell.

Until Boeing changes their www-site and makes an announcement this stuff is, as stated again and again by me and others, just outsiders making guesses in order to increase magazine sales and www-site clicks.

This is the same as when you shared that SeaTac was changing names ...

2 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

name of the aircraft.

To add airlines may brand 737s anything in the future.  How about 'Safejet'.  Be no different than Eastern's Whisperjets.

The only thing required that shows manufacture's designation is the airworthiness card posted, usually, near the forward galley.

3 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

also enter air has ordered two of the newly rebranded max jets they have bought the 737-8 which is what it will be called now with the max in the name of the aircraft.

Who needs a news feed when you have @ATC AlaskaGuy! Any chance of you sharing a link to that official announcement from Boeing’s website that you mentioned earlier?

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

Who needs a news feed when you have @ATC AlaskaGuy! Any chance of you sharing a link to that official announcement from Boeing’s website that you mentioned earlier?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed/2020/08/24/max-no-more-for-some-reason-boeing-wont-admit-it-but-its-changing-the-name-of-its-new-generation-of-737s/#2cd865d5619b

16 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

Yep, as some of us have said all along there has been no official announcement from Boeing. This is just more proof and validates our claim. Thanks for sharing. 

10 hours ago, scoobflight said:

Airlines call their planes all sorts of things = branding. Eastern 'back in the day' rebranded the 727 as Whisperjets (funny as the planes were not at all quiet).

Boeing didn't call the 727's Whisperjets.  Boeing very happy to put whatever name the purchaser wanted as long as the check cleared.

Boeing's well known true rebranding was the MD90 to the 717 (displacing/replacing the actual Boeing designed 717 in the process).

Eastern called the L-1011s Whisperliners.

3 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

it proves boeing is changing the name of the max but they are hidding

Sorry Braf but I really don't think you understand the bulk of the discussion. Please reread the original post in this thread very closely. @ATC AlaskaGuy said that Boeing is rebranding the plane and has officially announced it on their website. There has been no proof that an official announcement has been made by Boeing. You yourself said they are hiding. Every link shared has been a non-Boeing link and all those articles say that Boeing has been quiet on making an official announcement. Unfortunately the OP won't admit he "officially" stretched the truth in his post.

I hope this makes sense (or is it cents?) to you. Simply, there has been no official announcement. Whether they are/are not rebranding is moot.

2 hours ago, hexzed said:

I feel this conversation is just going to go round in circles

You started it by posting a non-official link. 🤣