The simFlight Network Forums

Error message FSUIPC duplicated copy

Hello,

I had running FSUIPC V5  under p3dv4.5 for a while now without any issues.

I have updated the AFVACARS and that wanted to update the FSUIPC as well.. in the pas was never an issue.

Since then i have the famous message "there seems to be a duplicate copy of FSUIPC".

My actions: 

1. Modules folder under P3D checked only one dll : FSUIPC5.dll

2. Checked task manager after closing p3d : no p3d running

3. restarted pc 

Result still the dummy  message showing up

Tried also to update the fsuipc  downloading from the site and again same message showing up.

I am dry on ideas and  dll.xml only pointing to the correct folder.

Could you help?

Hi,

Since then i have the famous message "there seems to be a duplicate copy of FSUIPC".

this is neither a famous message nor a dummy message.

It is an info that it seems there is a second installation of FSUIPC that starts.

I have updated the AFVACARS and that wanted to update the FSUIPC as well.. in the pas was never an issue.

As you say AFVACARS wanted to update FSUIPC it is more likely that it did a second installation of just the DLL in some entry instead of using the FSUIPC installer.

As it is possible to have more than one copy of FSUIPC running, you would see two menu entries in P3D, do you?

Also on FSUIPC Logging tab on the center bottom you can press Open Folder to open the FSUIPC installation folder.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have searched in the P3d Folder by "fsuipc5.dll" and i just found one in the modules folder.

Now i have P3dV5 as well and running FSUIPC 6 and i may have found the reason. 

AFVA ACARS logs were showing the FSUIPC6 version for P3Dv4...which was not right, i have removed the FSUIPC5 files and entries, reinstalled FSUIPC6 for both P3D 4&5 versions. I haven't seen the message again.

I guess AFVACARS had put an entry for FSUIPC6 somewhere hence the message.