The simFlight Network Forums

KPHL: Crash between landing and waiting aircraft

On 9/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, MJKERR said:

At London Heathrow this would rarely apply for departures on runway 09L / 27R, as there is no traffic crossing, and the runway is usually used exclusively for departures
However this does explain why I have only ever seen one aircraft lined up on runway 09R / 27L, as traffic can cross (runway 09L / 27R arrival to Terminal 4 or Cargo)

That would be correct when this occurs

7 hours ago, crbascott said:

What specifically is not possible?

It is not possible to swap runway operations, just like occurs at London Heathrow
The only way to do this to end the game and restart
As a result I only operate the game up to 15:00, with runway 09L or 27R operations

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

I doubt the video depicted a LUAW at the same intersection unless the first plane was told to move forward (which might require a takeoff reconfiguration).

Runway 27L operations
The Korea aircraft has lined up from either N1 or N2E
The BA has lined up from NB2W (in-game this is N2W)
This meets the one aircraft on runway limit that is applied

1 hour ago, MJKERR said:

Runway 27L operations
The Korea aircraft has lined up from either N1 or N2E
The BA has lined up from NB2W (in-game this is N2W)
This meets the one aircraft on runway limit that is applied

I'm not sure what your point is here - I thought we were talking about two planes lined up on the runway at the same time. The second video shows the BAW A380 waiting to line up until after the Korean Air A380 departs. The BAW plane doesn't begin to taxi onto the runway until after the KAL A380 has been cleared for takeoff and visually passes by their intersection. 

15 minutes ago, crbascott said:

I'm not sure what your point is here - I thought we were talking about two planes lined up on the runway at the same time. The second video shows the BAW A380 waiting to line up until after the Korean Air A380 departs. The BAW plane doesn't begin to taxi onto the runway until after the KAL A380 has been cleared for takeoff and visually passes by their intersection. 

Agreed. This seems to be a random divergence as MJKERR post quotes your post that is responding to a post asking a question about the Amsterdam video. The Amsterdam video only has 2 planes in it, a KLM and China Southern. And you're talking talking about 2 planes lining up at the same time on the same runway.

Yet the video I posted that follows the BAW, and has at least one Korean plane mentioned, is specifically talking about using the "line up behind" command and that is stated in the post.

Lots of muddy water and red herrings here. Happy fishing.

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

Issuing simultaneous LUAW at the same intersection and not clearing the first plane for takeoff will definitely result in a crash. Nothing really to test.

Thank you.  I agree and now I'm not confused anymore.

The KLM 747-400 should be V3 and the China Southern V4 not V2. At AMS 36L V1 and V2 are not used for take off. They are for aircraft landing on 18R to vacate the runway. Most the bigger aircraft only use V4 for take off. But during the covid-19 crisis I've seen some wide bodies also use V3 because they were not that heavy.

On 9/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, Ron C said:

Below is a quote from the Federal Aviation Administration Handbook (FAAH) 7110.65Y; which provides mandatory guidance/procedures for ATC that falls under the FAA’s jurisdiction (includes US military ATC and aircraft).  We called it the "Controller's Bible".

An apology on my part; sometimes old habits die hard.  Back in my day the FAA regulatory ATC directive was called the FAA Handbook (FAAH) which I referenced in posts to this thread.  However, I just realized that sometime after I retired the directive’s title was changed to “FFA JO 7110.65, Air traffic Control” (with the current “Y” suffix reflecting the most current revision which are ordered alphabetically).  I guess my age is really starting to show.