The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Client for C++

Hi, i would like to ask, is the FSUIPC Client DLL usable in C++ CLR ? Im currently developing it using C++ CLR Winform to develop a software and i am looking to find gate number and if user is at the airport or gate etc. I tried importing to reference but cant seem to use it.

I don't use C++ but I had some users in the past using the DLL in a C++ project so it is possible.

Can you say more about what the problem is exactly? Are there error messages? Does your project compile? Did the DLL install OK from NuGet?

I had tried here but I couldn't get it to install from NuGet. That could be because I don't know anything about configuring the options in C++.

Paul 

2 hours ago, Paul Henty said:

I don't use C++ but I had some users in the past using the DLL in a C++ project so it is possible.

Can you say more about what the problem is exactly? Are there error messages? Does your project compile? Did the DLL install OK from NuGet?

I had tried here but I couldn't get it to install from NuGet. That could be because I don't know anything about configuring the options in C++.

Paul 

Hi Paul,

As now, i am having problem trying to get the IsPlayerAtGate. Reason why i dont use C# to code is because of reverse engineering that is why im using C++ CLR WinForm. Anyway, the issue i am having right now is the getting gate id to be displayed in the drop downlist.

I can't seem to get Select to be working because there is not such extension. I believe Select is using Linq? Im not to sure.

this->gatedropdwn->Items->AddRange(selectedAirport->Gates->ToArray());

This code below will always give & print out NULL. The code below in at the Timer so it will check.

FsGate ^gate = this->selectedAirport->Gates[this->gatedropdwn->Text];
	if (gate != nullptr)
	{
		if (gate->IsPlayerAtGate)
		{
			atgatestatuslbl->Text = "At Gate";
		}
		else
		{
			atgatestatuslbl->Text = "Not at gate!";
		}
	}
	else
	{
		cout << "Null";
	}

Hope to get your help here.

2 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi Paul,

I got that work years ago just for testing but never used it later with C++ CLR.

C++ CLR is the C++ fully based on .Net, not native C++, that's why you use still the .Net framework like WinForm.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

i have give a sample code about the problem im having.

Looking at this line of code:

FsGate ^gate = this->selectedAirport->Gates[this->gatedropdwn->Text];

What is the Text property returning? The Gates[] collection requires you specify the ID of the Gate. Is that what the dropdown is showing? If the dropdown is displaying the ToString() result then that will also contain the Gate Type in (). This will not work with the Gates collection indexer.

However, getting the gate like this seems unnecessary. Looking at this line:

this->gatedropdwn->Items->AddRange(selectedAirport->Gates->ToArray());

It looks like your dropdown has an array of Gates at the data source. So you should be able to get the SelectedItem from the dropdown. That will be the FsGate object:

FsGate ^gate = (FsGate)this->gatedropdwn->SelectedItem;

LINQ is used internally, but that's part of the System.Core DLL so it should work fine.

If you can't use LINQ then you can just search through the collections manually with a for..next or do..while type of loop.

Paul