The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6 P3Dv5 issues

Hi, I'm having trouble with P3D v5 after installing FSUIPC 6 :  P3D v5  doesn't work,  it freezes immediately (before asking me to accept the add-on).  If I unistall FSUIPC 6 , P3Dv5 works perfectly.

I have in the same PC P3D v4.5 and I bought the FSUIPC 6 update/discount. Do I need to buy a new complete version? In attache my .log file

Thanks in advance

mario rosati

InstallFSUIPC6.log

1 hour ago, mario.rosati@mclink.it said:

P3D v5  doesn't work,  it freezes immediately (before asking me to accept the add-on)

Do you have an FSUIPC6.log file (in your installation folder: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6)? If so, can you please show me that.

Do I need to buy a new complete version?

No. Its the same version, you just get a discount as you have already purchased a license for FSUIPC5.

In attache my .log file

That's your installation log which just shows a successful install.

You could also try re-installing the  P3Dv5 client - no need to uninstall or re-install FSUIPC6.

John

Hi John, no lucky so far. : no file with this name is in Prepar3D v5 Add-on/FSUIPC6 folder. I have : 2 folders and 5 files:   add-on.xml , FSUIPC6.dll , FSUIPC6.key,  InstallFSUIPC6.log, unistallFSUIPC&.exe , and the folders SDK and Utils .    (I understood what you are looking for, inside the P3D v4 / Modules I have FSUIPC5, but I have not the similar in Prepar3D v5 Add-on/FSUIPC6 folder).     I tried to re-install the client but the problem is the same. Could it be better to install not as add-on ?

2 hours ago, mario.rosati@mclink.it said:

no file with this name is in Prepar3D v5 Add-on/FSUIPC6 folde

Ok, then FSUIPC isn't even starting.

2 hours ago, mario.rosati@mclink.it said:

Could it be better to install not as add-on ?

You could try this. But  I would like to know why its not loading it via the add-on.xml method. I''ll need to see your P3Dv5 loading logs...I'll get back to you on this.

10 hours ago, mario.rosati@mclink.it said:

How can I install not as add-on ?

Its always installed as an add-on. However, there are two install methods - add-on.xml (the default) and via the dll.xml. To use the second method, just re-run the installer and de-select the 'add-on.xml' checkbox when choosing the items to install.

10 hours ago, mario.rosati@mclink.it said:

where can I find my P3Dv5 loading logs to show you ?

I'll let you know shortly...

Hi John, installing via dll.xml it works. I deselected add-on.xml and now it is ok. I copied my old fsuipc5.ini in the Prepar3D v5 Add-on/FSUIPC6 folder  and renamed fsuipc6.ini so now I have the same setting of the old version. It seems ok now. What happened I don't know. If you need more information for your understanding feel free to ask me.

Thank you for your support

mario

Hi Mario,

ok, glad its working via the dll.xml install method.

Do you have any other add-ons installed? I can only think that there must be some sort of ordering issue during the loading of the dlls.
You could try (temporarily) switching back top the add-on.xml install method (just re-run the installer). If you could activate SimConnect logging, as shown in this post: 

Then start P3D, and show me the SimConnect log file produced.

Thanks,

John

P.S. Also, when you re-install via add-on.xml  method, please choose an installation folder outside of both your Documents folder (especially if using OneDrive) ) and your P3Dv5 installation.

Hi , in add-on folder I have some airport, SODE and Active Sky P3D (v5) (beta version) . No antivirus so far.

About SimConnect.log : I prepared everything as you describe, but no file has been formed: P3D v5 freezes immediately. I made the same with FSUIPC6 installed in dll and the file has been formed but I cannot attach it because is 839 kb and here there is the limit at 10 kb. However I think it was not useful

My add-on.cfg is in attache

Hoping it will help you

mario

add-ons.cfg

Hi Mario,

I see that you are using the ActiveSky beta for P3Dv5 and am wondering if this is the issue.

Could you re-install FSUIPC6 using the add-on.xml method (using the same installation folder, i.e. C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6), then, before starting P3D, use the attached add-ons.cfg to replace the one you have in your <your account>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 folder:

add-ons.cfg

This file will try to load FSUIPC6 after ActiveSkyP5. Let me know how that goes. If it doesn't work, close P3Dv5 and try re-ordering by editing that file and changing:

[Package.5]
PATH=C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\ActiveSkyP5
ACTIVE=true
[Package.6]
PATH=C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

to

[Package.5]
PATH=C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.6]
PATH=C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\ActiveSkyP5
ACTIVE=true

and then starting P3Dv5. This will then try to load FSUIPC6 before ActiveSkyP5.

I have ActiveSky but have not tried the new beta yet with P3Dv5 (although I did register for this). I'll try myself later in the week, when time permits, to see if I need yo update the installation procedure for this.

Thanks,

John