The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Beta

DJJose

9 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Will the layout be the same as previous FSUIPCs? i.e tabbed Axis/Buttons etc.

No. As FSUIPC7 is now a stand-alone application (an exe rather than a dll), it contains separate panels for the functionality provided.

Why don't you just download and take a look?

20 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The price for FSUIPC7 will be 24.99euros (+ applicable tax) or equivalent. There will be an automatic discount of 10euros for FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6 license holders. No discount for earlier/32bit versions I'm afraid.

Thank you.

It's nice of you to give an of work CFI, due to Covid-19, a free trial until Nov 8.

I appreciate it.

Jose.

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

No. As FSUIPC7 is now a stand-alone application (an exe rather than a dll), it contains separate panels for the functionality provided.

Why don't you just download and take a look?

I have. Been using it for yonks. That's why I asked. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. In the beta you click 'Show' then assignments theneither Axis, buttons or keys as separate windows. closing each one in turn. As you know, in previous versions one window four tabs. Tidier.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

As you know, in previous versions one window four tabs. Tidier.

Well, that's a matter of opinion. And it wasn't one window four tabs, it was one window with MANY tabs, and it was difficult to determine which tab you were actually on. It was implemented like this as it was in a dll (embedded in the FS) and so there was only FS menu entry to open FSUIPC. I much prefer the new layout!

I did initially duplicate the UI and the FSUIPC main window was a tabbed window, equivalent to the old FSUIPC. However, I didn't like this and so re-organised to make the separate facilities available from the different menu items. A lot clearer and cleaner IMHO. This also leave the main window free, where I plan to implement a user-defined  "button" window, as currently provided by WideClient. This also becomes even more useful when I update to allow FSUIPC7 to run on a client PC, providing WideClient-light functionality (i.e. it will use its own offset area and so no communication to any FSUIPC7 running on the FS machine).

John

11 hours ago, John Dowson said:

In about 40 minutes....hopefully!

It's available now, but I've decided to pass on it. I paid for the FSX version to how my support and there's no discount for long term customers like me.

Best of luck.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

It's available now, but I've decided to pass on it. I paid for the FSX version to how my support and there's no discount for long term customers like me.

Best of luck.

Same for me. MSFS is the successor of the FSX. But there is only a discount for Prepar3D users. Not everyone has the money to buy Prepar3D. So I kept on FSX with paid FSUIPIC4. So now, no discount for all the good old users/pilots. I am very disappointed! Please check again!

Edited by Pilot2020
Add

3 hours ago, Pilot2020 said:

MSFS is the successor of the FSX.

This may be so, but FSUIPC4, the version for FSX was produced in 2006 and one payment gave users free updates and support ever since then. It was only frozen to future development last year.

FSUIPC7 for MSFS has more in common with FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6, the 64-bit versions, which themselves were a great deal of work, and the difficulties of the version of SimConnect implemented in MSFS made FSUIPC7 even more. I'm really more surprised that John has offered a discount at all. Not only that but the main price is substantially less than I expected (compare to previous version prices).

On top of this, the facilities offered so far by the MSFS version of SimConnect fall well short of what was provided in FSX, let alone P3D, but because MS/Asobo seem to have pledged ongoing development (unlike FSX which died in development terms within 18 months) there will be continuous ongoing development too of FSUIPC7. Would you rather a discount on initial cost but an ongoing payment for updates? It isn't our policy to do such things. For the initial payment you automatically get the ongoing improvements and facilities.

If you don't need or want to use the user facilities offered by FSUIPC then there's no need for you to pay for it in any case. Evidently you and the previous poster don't actually want or need to use those facilities, so you wouldn't buy it in any case. There's no need to post complaints.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paul/John, just want to offer my remarks on the pricing...

I've ALWAYS thought the pricing is actually insane! Pay once, get improvements/updates for ever - MADNESS I SAY?!?!?!

You have always provided such excellent and highly responsive support for the product(s) over the years and it is an absolute necessity for most serious simmers. Having to simply pay once for each platform version - and with discounts for newer platforms into the bargain - I think you are one of the best and truly most important, add-ons we have.

I'm off to purchase the MSFS version, having been beta testing as soon as it was available, even though I personally won't use it much myself for a long while.
I maintain/buy/support all the versions of FSUIPC as I am responsible for the BAVirtual ACARS tool, and even though mostly MSFS isn't quite ready for prime-time virtual airline flying, I have to be sure the ACARS tool works for the members that use it. It does and for that I'm grateful.

Seems such a small price ANYWAY for something that improves the sim experience so much. Keep up the amazing work and kudos to you both for being so on top of this new product even with its almost non-existant and fluid SDK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IanAbel said:

Seems such a small price ANYWAY for something that improves the sim experience so much. Keep up the amazing work and kudos to you both for being so on top of this new product even with its almost non-existant and fluid SDK.

Thank you very much for your encouraging and complimentary post. John has been working all hours all this year on this, as well as still developing and supporting FSUIPC6, and I'm sure posts like yours will motivate him even more.

Pete