The simFlight Network Forums

VRinsight MCP FS2020

SantaGrapes

Hi all

Im having trouble setting up my VRInsight EFIS/MCP/COM panel.

I’ve followed all the instructions set out Here

The panel works (through connecting VRiSim to FS2020 / LINDA / FSUIPC 7) but I only have partial systems working. Rotary knobs for ALT/HDG work fine but buttons for AP engage do not work.

is this an FSUIPC issue, or something else?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Edited by SantaGrapes

13 minutes ago, SantaGrapes said:

is this an FSUIPC issue, or something else?

I suspect that its the control that you are sending is not working in your selected aircraft. There are many controls that don't work, especially for the G1000.
But as you are using LINDA, you need LINDA support. I don't use LINDA and can't help with that, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I have the MCP Combo 1. I cannot figure out what I need to do to get it functioning in MSFS. VRINSIGHT does not detect my device. When I run the scan, the MCP does get a signal and the display does change to SPD/100 ————/————

HDG/000 ALT/10000

Radio Panel/Select Function

It is puzzling to me. Do I need another piece of software from VRINSIGHT? I ran the base package and MCP Combo module. I am running the licensed FSUIPC7 and Linda 4.0.3.41. My FSUIPC7.ini file has MCP on COMM 3.

Thanks!

. VRINSIGHT does not detect my device. When I run the scan, the MCP does get a signal and the display does change to SPD/100 ————/————
HDG/000 ALT/10000
Radio Panel/Select Function

It is puzzling to me. Do I need another piece of software from VRINSIGHT? I ran the base package and MCP Combo module. I am running the licensed FSUIPC7 and Linda 4.0.3.41

Thanks!

On 11/21/2020 at 8:24 PM, lyncheeflys said:

I cannot figure out what I need to do to get it functioning in MSFS. VRINSIGHT does not detect my device.

Sorry, I don't understand this bit. What exactly doesn't detect it? Do you mean SerialFP2 or whatever it is called?

It is puzzling to me. Do I need another piece of software from VRINSIGHT? I ran the base package and MCP Combo module. I am running the licensed FSUIPC7 and Linda 4.0.3.41.

So have you used LINDA with the MCP before? I don't know LINDA -- maybe you should ask their support?

My FSUIPC7.ini file has MCP on COMM 3

If the device isn't detected, how do you know it is COM3?

Have you referred to the document about using VRInsight devices in your Documents\FSUIPC7 folder?

Pete