The simFlight Network Forums

Hard to Read Button Labels

Image quality already at 4096x4096, AA: 8xMSAA, TexFil: Anisotropic 16x
Display: NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti at 2560x1440x32 resolution
VSync: Off (I have a G-SYNC ROG PG279Q monitor)

Every other panel of every other addon airplane I have looks good.  Figure it's something different with this addon.  

On 11/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, sax702 said:

Is there anything I need to do to P3D to improve the button label readability?  

Unfortunately when viewed from the normal eyepoint they are almost illegible. It's not just your setup. When the eyepoint is moved to the right, to look from directly in front of the FGP, the buttons become very clear. But obviously this is not a workable solution in flight. In time you will memorise the most common selections, but it would be better if the button labels were readable. It's one of several frustrations with this software. Some issues are being worked on but I'm not sure about this one.

• 2 months later...

If you have a GPU that can support 4x or higher SSAA with good fps, this helps. Otherwise you can try using SGSS in the Nvidia Control Panel. Unfortunately the panels seem to require high levels of anti aliasing to make them legible.