The simFlight Network Forums

Installing and registering FSUIPC7 and WideFS7

Marcos

Hello, and sorry if this is already explained somewhere else. I've read many posts but could not find the answer.

I'm new to FS2020, just installed it yesterday. I'm trying to solve a problem related to a slow trim wheel by flight velocity that I read could be done with FSUIPC7 (by using Assignments - Buttons and Switches)

I've downloaded and installed FSUIPC7, also downloaded and bought a license for WideFS7. But I don't understand how to register the product. The installation guide mentions FSUIPC4, do I need to download and purchase version 4 first?

Any helps on the steps to set this up will be appreciated. Thank you

Marcos

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed FSUIPC7, also downloaded and bought a license for WideFS7. But I don't understand how to register the product. The installation guide mentions FSUIPC4, do I need to download and purchase version 4 first?

No need to buy a registration for FSUIPC4 at all.

If you download the latest installer for FSUIPC7 you also need to download the latest Beta FSUIPC7.key file, FSUIPC7 is not yet published but will be in the next couple days.

As you have already FSUIPC7 installed you should have as well the FSUIPC7.key file in the installation folder, valid up to 08.11.2020

FSUIPC7.key

You can just rerun the installer, after you placed the FSUIPC7.key file, and when you get to the registration window it will show you already this Be=ETA registration info. At that point you can enter your WideFS registration info. In case the Name &  Email address are different than the FSUIPC7 registration you tic the box "Check if using a different Name or Address for WideFS" to enter exactly the WideFS information, best copy and paste.

For the first part, Elevator Trim, the solution is to use the reflecting Offset and set the value for your needs to increase or decrease. First you have to disable all defined buttons you want to use for Elevator trim in MSFS and FSUIPC.

Now go to FSUIPC Buttons tab and press your ELV Trim UP button and do the same thing as shown in the pic. The values used here are just an example. 20 is the decrease value, you might use a higher value to change faster/more i.e. 80. The value -8000 (negative 8000) is the max nose down trim I want, the max value is -16384 (negative 16384). You can limit with this the max used nose down trim. The pic is from FSUIPC6 but the Buttons tab is identical in FSUIPC7.

image.png.9af1ced2c0535573634bf4514f209f4f.png

Now go to FSUIPC Buttons tab and press your ELV Trim DOWN button and do the same thing as shown in the pic. The values used here are just an example. 20 is the increase value, you might use a higher value to change faster/more i.e. 80. The value 8000 (positive 8000) is the max nose up trim I want, the max value is 16384 (positive16384). You can limit with this the max used nose up trim. The pic is from FSUIPC6 but the Buttons tab is identical in FSUIPC7.

image.png.5b08af29bc5a3ad589ae11a83b00ed18.png

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Thanks again for your help. I was able to 'unlock' the beta version of FSUIPC7 and also enter my WideFS key.

I also completed the steps you suggested for improving the trim wheel sensitivity. However, I must have done something wrong as I did not notice any change.

I then followed the steps described here (pasting the link in case it's useful for someone else) https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-velocity-slow-trim-wheel-solved/304086 and that worked for me.

Once again thanks a lot for your help!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 5:47 PM, Marcos said:

I also completed the steps you suggested for improving the trim wheel sensitivity. However, I must have done something wrong as I did not notice any change.

I checked this in the C208 and it works as expected, although i found that I had to use an increment/decrement value of around 500.
You should really try this again as it would be a better solution to overloading your button presses. If you have any issues, let me know which aircraft you are using and I'll take a look.

John

I tried this and it doesn't seem to work. I have a couple of questions. What is "Offset Sword Decrement"? Does the program see that as elevator trim? Also the offset populates itself as x0000. Do I need to change that to x0BC0? I tried that and it still doesn't work.

I tried the method on the Microsoft forum and it seems to work but the trim wheel just doesn't feel right.

I have a couple other questions which are unrelated to this issue. What is the "WideFS7" program and what will I gain for buying a registration key? 

Another question I have is does it matter whether fsuipc7 is loaded before or after msfs2020 is loaded?

Also, can you give me an overview or possibly point out a post that explains what I can do with fsuipc7 besides just try to make my Flight Velocity Trim Wheel a usable piece of equipment?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Mark Street

2 minutes ago, Yeeshkah said:

What is "Offset Sword Decrement"?

As the name implies, it decrements a signed word offset value, i.e. whatever the specified offset holds, it will decrement that value by the defined amount (down to the optionally defined minimum).

3 minutes ago, Yeeshkah said:

Does the program see that as elevator trim?

Not that control, no. But the offset you provide is the elevator trim axis.

4 minutes ago, Yeeshkah said:

Also the offset populates itself as x0000. Do I need to change that to x0BC0? I tried that and it still doesn't work.

Yes of course. Its a general control, you have to give the offset as well as the decrement value. Did you not follow the provided instructions? I'm sorry but I can't make them any clearer.

5 minutes ago, Yeeshkah said:

What is the "WideFS7" program and what will I gain for buying a registration key? 

It is a utility that you run on a client machine (i.e. not the same machine as the flight simulator) that enables FSUIPC client applications to communicate to FSUIPC on the FS machine. So. basically you use it to move FSUIPC clients off of the flight sim PC to another PC.

7 minutes ago, Yeeshkah said:

Another question I have is does it matter whether fsuipc7 is loaded before or after msfs2020 is loaded?

No, it shouldn't.

7 minutes ago, Yeeshkah said:

Also, can you give me an overview or possibly point out a post that explains what I can do with fsuipc7 besides just try to make my Flight Velocity Trim Wheel a usable piece of equipment?

No, sorry, I can't - far too busy. Extensive documentation is provided and there is a wealth of information on the web. You can also take a look at the forums here, and maybe the FAQ section and User Contributions, which contain useful things that people have done and made available.

John 

Thanks for the info John and I am sorry if my questions seem very basic to you. I finally got it working to my satisfaction. I used the parameter 1200/8000 for elev. trim up instead of 20/-8000 in the example. For elev. trim down I used 1200/-8000. The parameters in the example needed several rotations of the trim wheel to see any movement at all and that movement is backward. 

Mark Street

14 hours ago, Yeeshkah said:

I am sorry if my questions seem very basic to you

Not at all. Sorry if it came across that way.

14 hours ago, Yeeshkah said:

I finally got it working to my satisfaction...

Good! 1200 seems a large increment (especially if using repeat), but thats fine if it works well for you. As I said, for me I find around 500 works well (in the C208).

John