The simFlight Network Forums

Panel Lights ON OFF for MSFS

zorzini

Hi,
thanks for developing FSUIPC7 that I bought and use in a small cockpit panel.

Some items are working accordingly with Asobo and MS communication dialog.

I noted that for event id 66056 param 1 (PANEL_LIGHTS_ON) this is show by FSUIPC7 in Console if I move the related virtual switch in Simulator but if I assign and use the same Event on a switch on Mobiflight the FSUIPC Console shows me the action but nothing happends on simulator; same with Event id 66057 param 1.
My target is to do ON/OFF Panel Lights on simulator via a switch on panel managed by Mobiflight. I recognize that Mobiflight correctly send the Input (button action) to MSFS via FSUIPC.
I found the item LIGHT PANEL ON under "The following simvars are available but currently not requested: " in offsetStatus spreadsheet v0.11 at line 1754.

It is possible to activate this Item ?

Thanks for support

1 hour ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

the both (PANEL_LIGHTS_ON and PANEL_LIGHTS_OFF) don't do anything via SimConnect, seems not supported yet by Asobo.

But you can use PANEL_LIGHTS_SET instead with value 1 for ON and 0 for OFF, checked with Asobo Baron G58 that has that switch.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, tomorrow morning I will try.

I'm using Cessna Longitude and/or TBM930.

Bye

11 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

the both (PANEL_LIGHTS_ON and PANEL_LIGHTS_OFF) don't do anything via SimConnect, seems not supported yet by Asobo.

But you can use PANEL_LIGHTS_SET instead with value 1 for ON and 0 for OFF, checked with Asobo Baron G58 that has that switch.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
i confirm that event id 66058 (PANEL_LIGHTS_SET) is correctly working for Baron G58 and not for both TBM930 and Longitude.
The difference between Baron and the other two planes in lights panel is that on Baron virtual simulator panel is a simple switch and on the other two planes are potentiometers that also dimming the panel light.
Also I will waiting that during next years Asobo and Microsoft will expose the id's correctly.
Thanks for Your cooperation.
Bye

14 hours ago, zorzini said:

I found the item LIGHT PANEL ON under "The following simvars are available but currently not requested: " in offsetStatus spreadsheet v0.11 at line 1754.
It is possible to activate this Item ?

I could add this if you like, but it is documented as read-only, so cannot be used to update. I guess it could be writeable but documented incorrectly - I can add this locally to test.
But if it isn't, would this still be useful?

14 hours ago, zorzini said:

I noted that for event id 66056 param 1 (PANEL_LIGHTS_ON) this is show by FSUIPC7 in Console if I move the related virtual switch in Simulator but if I assign and use the same Event on a switch on Mobiflight the FSUIPC Console shows me the action but nothing happends on simulator; same with Event id 66057 param 1.

Unfortunately this happens with quite a few events, i.e. you can see them when activating  from the UI, but sending via SimConnect has no affect, and this varies from aircraft to aircraft.
Probably worth raising a zendesk issue to Asobo ib the aircraft in question.

John

Hi,

not for both TBM930 and Longitude.

the control SET works for TBM930 as well but is immediately set back to zero (0), seems the panel light rotary overwrites that, , light comes ON and goes OFF and opposite as weel when ON and set to 0 it comes ON again. So clearly a Asobo failure in those Aircrafts.

Thomas

2 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

the control SET works for TBM930 as well but is immediately set back to zero (0), seems the panel light rotary overwrites that, , light comes ON and goes OFF and opposite as weel when ON and set to 0 it comes ON again. So clearly a Asobo failure in those Aircrafts.

Thomas

Hi, You are correct; I also noted this strange behaviour.
Bye

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I could add this if you like, but it is documented as read-only, so cannot be used to update. I guess it could be writeable but documented incorrectly - I can add this locally to test.
But if it isn't, would this still be useful?

Unfortunately this happens with quite a few events, i.e. you can see them when activating  from the UI, but sending via SimConnect has no affect, and this varies from aircraft to aircraft.
Probably worth raising a zendesk issue to Asobo ib the aircraft in question.

John

Hi John, thanks but don't waste your time for me only. Some things need your attention and my cabin light can wait.

I hope events and offsets for MSFS will be fully avaiable during next year (i'm retired and have a lot of time for waiting).

Thanks for Your cooperation and regards.

On 11/12/2020 at 7:55 PM, zorzini said:

my cabin light can wait.

@zorzini For cabin lights, there are four MSFS controls under INTERIOR LIGHTS:
    CABIN LIGHTS OFF
    CABIN LIGHRT ON
    SET CABIN LIGHTS
   TOGGLE CABIN LIGHTS

You can assign a key press (or more) to one or more oft those MSFS controls, and then assign a button/switch to that keypress in FSUIPC7.
You can also try activating event logging to see if any event are logged when those controls are activated, and if so try to assign to those events instead (although this is not guaranteed to work - if not, use key press assignments).

John