The simFlight Network Forums

Assignments Tab Missing in FSUIPC7

rockliffe

I'm running Win10 with the latest updates in MSFS, I've downloaded and installed FSUIPC7 twice now, both to the root folder of C drive, which I understand is the correct place, and while it sits on the task bar and I can start MSFS from the FSUIPC icon on the desktop, for some reason, when the user interface pops up, there is no way of assigning controls or switches/buttons. There is no assignments tag along the top of the interface. Have I done something wrong or simply not understood the instructions? What am I missing? Help appreciated, thanks. 

Capture.png

12 hours ago, rockliffe said:

I've downloaded and installed FSUIPC7 twice now, both to the root folder of C drive, which I understand is the correct place

Not really. Why do you understand that? Best to make an FSUIPC7 foler so you know where it is and can find it easily. That can be on any drive.

12 hours ago, rockliffe said:

for some reason, when the user interface pops up, there is no way of assigning controls or switches/buttons. There is no assignments tag along the top of the interface. Have I done something wrong or simply not understood the instructions? What am I missing?

You are missing Registration. Either you have not purchased it and so have no registration key, or you are making an error when entering the details. Are three parts (name, email and key) must be exactly as set by SimMaket.

Pete

11 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Not really. Why do you understand that? Best to make an FSUIPC7 foler so you know where it is and can find it easily. That can be on any drive.

You are missing Registration. Either you have not purchased it and so have no registration key, or you are making an error when entering the details. Are three parts (name, email and key) must be exactly as set by SimMaket.

Pete

Ah, I thought there was a free trial? I had seen this 

TRY-BEFORE-YOU-BUY
First download and install the demo version and check functionality!
The demo version is the product installation file; there is no other download!

Obviously not. OK, thanks for the reply Pete. I'll register for the licence. Rgds.

10 minutes ago, rockliffe said:

I thought there was a free trial? I had seen this 

Ah, I think the "functionality" you can check is just that it connects to MSFS okay, that the Logging works, and that the interface for FSUIPC applications (its main purpose, after all) is all working okay.  Those things are free in any case.

Maybe the wording on the sales page could be clearer.

Pete

• Like 1