The simFlight Network Forums

Can't find the command for Cabin Flashlight.

Stevan

7 hours ago, Stevan said:

Is there a FS control for Cabin Flashlight (ATL L) under Button & Switch?

If it isn't in the drop-down list at present, then the only way I can think of is to assign your button to a keypress instead. I don't think you can use ALT at present (a SimConnect problem), so you'd first need to assign a different keypress in MSFS. 

Pete

The standard way would be to use the Toggle Cabin Lights control (or toggle bit 9 in offset 0D0C). However, this event/control doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
The default ALT-L key press uses the TOGGLE FLASHLIGHT control which isn't available via simconnect, and you can't send this key press combination as the ALT modifier is not supported in SimConnect.

Therefore, to assign this to a button or switch in FSUIPC, you would have to assign another known keypress (without using the ALT modifier) within MSFS to TOGGLE FLASHLIGHT, and then assign your button/switch to that keypress in FSUIPC.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change keypress assignments through a text or similiar file rather than the controls menu?

I am trying to change the catering key command ALT+c, but that function is not listed in the Controls menu, even though it works in the sim.

Many thanks for a great program to Pete & John!

5 minutes ago, GPan099 said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to change keypress assignments through a text or similiar file rather than the controls menu?

Sorry, what does this mean? Are you talking about assignments in FSUIPC7 or MSFS? If the former, all your assignments are stored in your FSUIPV7.omo file. For the latter, I presume that MSFS assignments are stored in a config file somewhere, although I don't know where. I wouldn't ascise changing this file manully though.

8 minutes ago, GPan099 said:

I am trying to change the catering key command ALT+c, but that function is not listed in the Controls menu, even though it works in the sim.

There are many assignments that you can make in the sim but for which no events/controls are available via simconnect, upon which FSUIPC7 relies. If there is no control that suits your needs, you will have to do as advised above for the cabin lights, i.e. assign a different keypress to the Alt+C function (not using ALT modifier) in MSFS and then assign your button/switch to that keypress in FSUIPC7.

Alternatively, if you are looking for a control to open the catering doors, you could try using the control TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT_FAST to se if there is a parameter that works for that control for the catering doors.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, what does this mean? Are you talking about assignments in FSUIPC7 or MSFS? If the former, all your assignments are stored in your FSUIPV7.omo file. For the latter, I presume that MSFS assignments are stored in a config file somewhere, although I don't know where. I wouldn't ascise changing this file manully though.

Yes. I was asking about a MSFS config file to change. However I will heed your advice and not attempt it.

The catering call is not available in the controls menu to change the assignment from requiring the ALT key. I thought I was able to assign it before (I think using FSUIPC 7) but I could be wrong. Zero programming knowledge/experience here!

Thank you for your quick reply.

27 minutes ago, GPan099 said:

The catering call is not available in the controls menu to change the assignment from requiring the ALT key. I thought I was able to assign it before (I think using FSUIPC 7) but I could be wrong. Zero programming knowledge/experience here!

Ok. Then please wait for the next release - I will add back in the use of the ALT modifier key. I'll post again here when I have a release for you to test.

John