The simFlight Network Forums

Taxi Light On and Off

Hano

9 minutes ago, Hano said:

how can I switch the Taxi Light On and Off with one switch? I found only "Toggle Taxi Light".

So why can't you use that? You can also add an offset condition (to 0x0D0C and mask bit 3 [&8]) if you only want to  keep your  switch in-sink. See the Advanced user guide on how to add offset conditions.

14 minutes ago, Hano said:

I guess I need an Offset Word Set (x0DOC) but I don't know exactly what to do.

You could use the offset directly if you like.  You can use either the Offset Word Setbits/Clrbits control, or the Offset Word Togglebits control, depending on how your switch works and how you want to implement. Probably the former, with the Setbits control on the press, and the Clrbits control on the release.

John

I will admit I am a rookie user and have not yet looked into offsets, but all I did, using a toggle switch on my panel, was set the toggle taxi lights command as the control sent the switch is activated, and then the same command when it is turned off. If needed just make sure the switch on your VC panel and switch on your external panel have the same orientation when you start (make the VC switch match your panel) and they will stay in sync.

2 hours ago, rvroman said:

If needed just make sure the switch on your VC panel and switch on your external panel have the same orientation when you start (make the VC switch match your panel) and they will stay in sync.

This is also where offset conditions can help. With an offset condition, the offset (in this case, a bit in an offset) would be checked and if the condition matches (i.e. on or off) then the control is sent, if not the control is not sent. Doing this will automatically sync your switch with the VC panel switch after the first change, if not already synced.

• Like 1