The simFlight Network Forums

not Sync-pos to a sloped throttle1 ?

I just got the new TCA throttle, for me to "feel right" on it's range for Boeings, I think I'll need about -6~ -8 of "Slope" on the fowared Response Curve.

Also, on my one, the two lever are splited by quite some degree in the middle part of range (somewhere a little above where the CL detent be), so I'll need the Sync Pos to line them up.

I Lined them up with "Sync Pos" first, then I added the Slope to Throttle1, it works good, but when I tried to change slope on Throttle2, it says it's been used by SyncPos.

So I tried to use "Sync Pos",After the Throttle 1 have been sloped, but it turns out to be the throttle are only "Sync" to the non- sloped position of throttle1, making it unusable...

If I manually slope both throttle to -6, it's just like unsynchronized, a little splite in the middle...

Anyway to get around?

1676768386_.png.2a284fb82b650bb74f2145cd206c654d.png

2097386694_.png.e4eebbd6da842c857e077821d3925e3e.png

1877795892_.thumb.png.90d72b1efbaf2c87766122ea38737bdc.png

With Throttle 1 sloped to 6 and Throttle 2 "Synced"

401624168_.thumb.png.91618c11927da458052326f63e6aa478.png

This is both sloped to -6 (simular if both non-sloped and non-synced), asymmetric is introduced by hardware

1 hour ago, C2615 said:

I Lined them up with "Sync Pos" first, then I added the Slope to Throttle1, it works good, but when I tried to change slope on Throttle2, it says it's been used by SyncPos.

That sounds correct. Why mess up a working sync by trying to make Throttle 2 behave differently?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

There's really no need to post all those pictures. Your words would have been sufficient. The pictures really tell me nothing extra.

Incidentally, whilst I originally added the Sync Pos feature because of requests, I've never used it myself.  It is quite realistic for the throttles not to be quite aligned to get the same thrust indications on the EICAS, especially as the aircraft ages.  The controls may be set up synchronised ex-works, but then things change, especially anything involving mechanics and hydraulics.

Pete