The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 fsuipc 3.11 no start

dear mr. dowson,

there is a strange problem. After purchase i have installed fsuipc into the modules folder, but fs2004 doesn't start. I see the first picture of starting the fs2004, but fs2004 don't come to the opening/initial flight selection screen. After remove fsuipc fs2004 starts again properly. I'm using WinXp as a administrator. I have everytime used fsuipc without any problems (fs2002...). Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

Greatings Willi Kurth

- Sorry for my english -

After purchase i have installed fsuipc into the modules folder, but fs2004 doesn't start. I see the first picture of starting the fs2004, but fs2004 don't come to the opening/initial flight selection screen. After remove fsuipc fs2004 starts again properly. I'm using WinXp as a administrator. I have everytime used fsuipc without any problems (fs2002...). Do you have any idea?

Sorry, no I haven't. Are there no messages? What actually happens? Is the an FSUIPC.LOG or FSUIPC.INI file created in the Modules folder? Which version of FSUIPC did you install? Do you have any other add-ons in your FS2004 installation?

In case your copy of FSUIPC.DLL is corrupted you should re-download it and check again.

Really, until you register it or run some program which interfaces to it, it is doing nothing much at all.

If you have something installed which uses it then maybe that is causing the problem. Try deleting the FS9.CFG file to make FS generate a new one (you'll have to reset all the FS options if you do this). Also temporarily remove any other third-party DLLs installed in the Modules folder, if you have add-ons installed.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Mr. Dowson.

Thanks for replying so promptly and suggestion.

It is Version 3.11 dated 10.10.2003.

There are no add-ons installed.

I will try something.

Maybe i can solve the problem.

Tank You.

Willi Kurth

Maybe i can solve the problem.

Please let me know.

First make sure the DLL is okay by re-downloading it.

Also, if there is an FSUIPC.LOG file produced, let me see it.

Also try adding "InitDelay=10" to the [General] section of the FSUIPC.INI file (this will be in the Modules folder -- if there isn't one, just make a small Text file in Notepad containing just

[General]

InitDelay=10

and save it as "FSUIPC.INI" in the Modules folder.)

Let me know, whatever, please.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Mr. Dowson,

FS2004 is running perfect.

What have I done?

Reinstall FSNavigator (sorry, i don't think about it - it is a normal Program in the backround for me).

install fsuipc again

start fs2004

register

restart fs2004

All is perfect.

Thank you so much for your tips.

Regard,

Willi Kurth

P.S.: Now i will try to install FSNavigator again.

Now i will try to install FSNavigator again.

AhI believe there was a problem originally with FSNav. I think you may need to go download the latest version. The first version issued for FS2004 did cause problems. Sorry, i did not remember that myself either.

Regards,

Pete