The simFlight Network Forums

Problem when i run FSX -Steam Edition with FSUIPC4 last versione

Good evening,

I have trouble with FSUIPC4 , i bought the last version v.4.975a and i installed before..the install was ended in the right way and also the registration (i seen into the log) - But now when i started the FSX steam edition i see the question attached ...so i answer with yes but FSX crashed and i can't to go foward...always crashed...only if i answer NO i can go foward..but it's a problem cause i need FSUIPC4 for my cockpit.

All is run in  Windows 10 PRO

Can help me? 

Immagine.png

4 hours ago, nevermind19 said:

I have trouble with FSUIPC4 , i bought the last version v.4.975a and i installed before..the install was ended in the right way and also the registration (i seen into the log) - But now when i started the FSX steam edition i see the question attached ...so i answer with yes but FSX crashed and i can't to go foward...always crashed...only if i answer NO i can go foward..but it's a problem cause i need FSUIPC4 for my cockpit.

You need to supplied the last FSUIPC4.LOG, your FSUIPC4.INI file, and the FSUIPC4 Install.Log -- you will find them all in the FSX\Modules folder. Please ZIP and attach.

AND please got to Windows' Event Viewer. In Application Logs please find the event reporting the FSX.exe crash. Copy the details and paste into your reply here.

Pete

Thanks for the support,Ok i did it and attached your request for FSUIPC4 in a zip file

for the Windows event log i have this error:

Nome registro: Application
Origine:       Application Error
Data:          06/12/2020 19:39:11
ID evento:     1000
Categoria attività:(100)
Livello:       Errore
Parole chiave: Classico
Utente:        N/D
Computer:      PC-MIRANO
Descrizione:
Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: fsx.exe, versione: 10.0.62615.0, timestamp: 0x559f9a9a
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: FSUIPC4.dll, versione: 4.9.7.501, timestamp: 0x5ec3afff
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000417
Offset errore 0x000cda40
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0xba4
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d6cbfe47b7cfde
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll
ID segnalazione: de044bc5-6c7d-4e79-bb76-d1582122a5c4
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: 
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: 
XML evento:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-12-06T18:39:11.972627200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1727</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PC-MIRANO</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.62615.0</Data>
    <Data>559f9a9a</Data>
    <Data>FSUIPC4.dll</Data>
    <Data>4.9.7.501</Data>
    <Data>5ec3afff</Data>
    <Data>c0000417</Data>
    <Data>000cda40</Data>
    <Data>ba4</Data>
    <Data>01d6cbfe47b7cfde</Data>
    <Data>D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Data>
    <Data>de044bc5-6c7d-4e79-bb76-d1582122a5c4</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Modules.zip

1 hour ago, nevermind19 said:

for the Windows event log i have this error:

Hmm. Error c0000417 is something to do with security.  Searching for information on Microsofot websites doesn't help a lot except suggesting that it could be a device driver problem.

The FSUIPC4.LOG also indicates this.  It terminates at the point that FSUIPC tries to acquire access to your joystick-type devices, found in the Reistry as:

375 Product= Trust Gamepad
      375    Manufacturer= ShanWan
      375    Vendor=145F, Product=01BB (Version 2.0)
      375 Product= T.Flight Hotas X
      375    Manufacturer= Thrustmaster
      375    Vendor=044F, Product=B108 (Version 1.0)
      375 -------------------------------------------------------------------

The next log lines would normally be showing FSUIPC acquiring these so that you can make assignments to them.

So, could you try, as a test, unplugging these two devices before starting FSX. If you get that warning allow FSX loading to continue. If FSX then loads, try plugging the devices in one at a time. If FSX doesn't then crash, check in the FSUIPC options assignments tabs that FSUIPC is indeed seeing them correctly.

If the crash still occurs with neither device connected, I'll need tro think further. Otherwise:

If it crashes on reconnecting the first, retry but with the other connected. We're trying to determine which may be the problem.

If it does show that it is one of the devices, try going into Windows Device Manager and uninstalling them in there -- also uninstalling drivers if the option is available. Then power off, reconnect them, and power up again.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone!

unfortunately I'm having the same issue on FSX:SE startup... Selecting "Yes" will crash and selecting "No" will start FSX without FSUIPC. I have no joystick or usb devices connected. FSX:SE and FSUIPC regularly registered. I didn't do any change to the programs since the last time it worked. I downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC from the website and tried to install it multiple times, and even reinstalled FSX but no luck. Everything was installed and "Run" as admin. I also tried other ways as suggested in this forum for the same problem but none of them worked.

I attached the logs, hope this is the correct way!

Thanks in advance for help, best regards

Luca

EventViewer FSUIPC Crash.txt FSUIPC4 Install.log FSUIPC4.ini FSUIPC4.log FSUIPC4_prev.log

3 hours ago, LucaT said:

I have no joystick or usb devices connected.

You say that, yet FSUIPC detects 

719 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      719 Product= Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
      719    Vendor=28DE, Product=11FF (Version 0.0)
      750 Product= Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
      750    Vendor=28DE, Product=11FF (Version 0.0)
      750 -------------------------------------------------------------------

Oddly two exactly identical game controllers. (If you only have one, then the Registry is corrupted).

That's where the Log ends. This is typical of a problem with a device driver, hub or joystick device.  Please follow the steps John has been outlining.

Pete

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

What exactly did you try?

Mostly making sure that everything was the latest version, run installers and programs as admin and followed the suggestions on this thread ( https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87366-fsuipc-crashing-fsxse/ ) which looked like the problem I have, but no luck on that.

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

For example, are you using usb3 hubs or usb2, and if the former did you try switching to usb2?

I used a docking station for the Surface Pro which I'm running FSX on since it has only one usb port (USB3 I guess, it's pretty recent), but that was way before the problem happened. In fact nothing at all was connected to the laptop when I had this issue.

By switching to USB2 do you mean to phisically change the port or is it something that I do via software?

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

You say that, yet FSUIPC detects 

719 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      719 Product= Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
      719    Vendor=28DE, Product=11FF (Version 0.0)
      750 Product= Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
      750    Vendor=28DE, Product=11FF (Version 0.0)
      750 -------------------------------------------------------------------

I use a Saitek joystick and Mobiflight with an Arduino Mega connected for a DIY MCP that I'm trying to build for the PMDG737. But as said before none of them were connected at the moment the issue arose. It worked properly until a few days ago then I left the laptop alone for a while and when I tried to start FSX again I had this message out of the blue. I am really not an expert, so pretty clueless on what to do. Also no idea why it says "XBOX 360 For Windows" since I've never owned an XBOX (or XBOX controller) in my life only Saitek AV8R and the Pro Flight Yoke, Throttle, Rudder and the Panels 😅

Thanks for help

2 minutes ago, LucaT said:

In fact nothing at all was connected to the laptop when I had this issue.

Then why was your XBOX 360 controller detected? Note that there are currently issues with the 360 controller and that can't be used/assigned in FSUIPC at the moment, but should be okay using via MSFS assignments.

4 minutes ago, LucaT said:

In fact nothing at all was connected to the laptop when I had this issue.

By changing to use a USB2.0  port - you cannot do this via software.  I use a surface docking station, and I'm pretty sure that it has both USB2 and USB3 ports. Check the colour - if its blue, its usb3, and if black, usb2.

7 minutes ago, LucaT said:

Also no idea why it says "XBOX 360 For Windows" since I've never owned an XBOX (or XBOX controller) in my life only Saitek AV8R and the Pro Flight Yoke, Throttle, Rudder and the Panels 

Well, that is pretty weird! Can you attach your FSUIPC7.Joyscan.csv file, if one was generated.
Maybe try with the controllers you use connected, and re-upload your FSUIPC7.log, .ini and .joyscan.csv files together and I'll take a look.

John

This is the exact same problem I am having on a Surface Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise. It detects the Xbox Controller that isn't there. For me, it stopped working in early December, after no issues previously. 

FSUIPC4 Install.log FSUIPC4.ini FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC4.log FSUIPC4 Error.txt

Edited by Stone_B
Attaching files.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:36 PM, Stone_B said:

This is the exact same problem I am having on a Surface Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise. It detects the Xbox Controller that isn't there. For me, it stopped working in early December, after no issues previously. 

Could you please add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.ini file please:
    Debug=Please
    LogExtras=x200000
This will add extra details to the registry/joystick scan. Start FSX and then exit and post your new log.
Could you also let me know the exact version of Windows you are using please - i.e. also attach the output of the winver command.

Thanks,

John

16 hours ago, John Dowson said:

@LucaT & @Stone_B We have identified the issue with the latest windows update on the Surface Pro that causes this issue. @Pete Dowson will post an updated dll for you to try in the next few days.

Please try this version, and confirm it's okay on your Surface Pro.

FSUIPC4.DLL

Just replace the same module in your FSX "Modules" folder.

I couldn't remove the entry in the Registry for the non-existent XBox 360 controller  -- it just gets put back immediately. In FSUIPC as it was the fact that it is registered but not existent caused an internal device count to go wrong and crash FSUIPC. That is what I have fixed. So the spurious device entry will still occur but won't result in an added device.

Pete