The simFlight Network Forums

Overhead A320 VRInsight

Hi Alain,

what have you tried? What is the problem? Which VRI insight device overhead? Have you read Appendix 3 in the Advanced user manual (Handling VRInsight serial devices in FSUIPC)?
Or is your device recognised as a standard windows hid joystick device?

I'm sorry, but your question is so general its hard to answer. Please read the documentation, especially that annex in the Advanced User guide, and the separate document on VRInsight devices (Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf). If you still have issues, then please post again (please check for previous posts first) and provide more details on what your actual problem is.

John

42 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE Alain said:

I come back to you concerning the recognition of the Overhead A320 from VRInsight.
I would like to know if there would be a way to have this beast recognized by Fsuipc7 with MSFS 2020 and if YES, how?

Following on from what John says, i think the VRInsight overhead units come with their own driver. I don't think they are serial devices, and in any case they aren't recognised by FSUIPC as VRInsight devices. When I saw one at an FS Show at Cosford here in the UK I did ask about compatibility, and was definitely informed they need their own software. I couldn't get any information about the interface.

If they are USB HID devices, which I suspect (but try using HidScanner to see) then you should be able to write a Lua script to handle it using the HID facilities provided. But it's would be a big job dealing with all of the switches, displays and gauges.  So I really I think you are dependent on whatever VRInsight provides.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...