Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

A320Neo Autobrake Panel Offsets


asessa

Recommended Posts

Hi, i'm trying to program my Autobrake Panel via mobiflight.

I have some problems and i think you can help me ūüôā

LANDING GEAR LIGHTS

To config all lights, i used Landing Gear offsets

Landing Gear - Left (extracted) - offset 0BF4
Landing Gear - Left (moving) - offset 0BF4

Landing Gear - Nose (Extended) - offset 0BEC
Landing Gear - Nose (moving) - offset 0BEC

Landing Gear - Right (extracted) - offset 0BF0
Landing Gear - Right (moving) - offset 0BF0

So I have same offsets for extracted and moving. and i can't map the moving (the extracted offset is right). 

Why?

 

AUTOBRAKE PUSH BUTTONS

I use the Eventid SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL .
Using fsuipc console i found this is the event fired when i push one of the abrake button in sim.

The event fired by sim as param 0 = ON , 1 = OFF.
I read fsuipc manual (provided with sdk even if it seems outdated) and i found some about offsets of the Autobrake Set : 0=RTO, 1=OFF, 2 = Brake1, 3=Brake2, 4 = Brake3, 5 = Brake MAX.

I try to assign params in this way :

ABRAKE MAX, EventID SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL, params 4
ABRAKE MED, EventID SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL, params 3
ABRAKE LO, EventID SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL, params 2

The Abrake Max works , it set MAX Abrake in sim, Abrake MED and LO doesn't work.
Any idea ?

Finally , I can't found Offsets or EventID for the HotBrake and TerrON, can you help me?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, asessa said:

LANDING GEAR LIGHTS

To config all lights, i used Landing Gear offsets

Landing Gear - Left (extracted) - offset 0BF4
Landing Gear - Left (moving) - offset 0BF4

Landing Gear - Nose (Extended) - offset 0BEC
Landing Gear - Nose (moving) - offset 0BEC

Landing Gear - Right (extracted) - offset 0BF0
Landing Gear - Right (moving) - offset 0BF0

So I have same offsets for extracted and moving. and i can't map the moving (the extracted offset is right). 

Why?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying or trying to do here. The offsets you mention hold the gear left/centre/right position.
What do you mean by 'extracted' and 'moving'? What are you actually trying to achieve?

 

12 minutes ago, asessa said:

The event fired by sim as param 0 = ON , 1 = OFF.
I read fsuipc manual (provided with sdk even if it seems outdated) and i found some about offsets of the Autobrake Set : 0=RTO, 1=OFF, 2 = Brake1, 3=Brake2, 4 = Brake3, 5 = Brake MAX.

I try to assign params in this way :

ABRAKE MAX, EventID SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL, params 4
ABRAKE MED, EventID SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL, params 3
ABRAKE LO, EventID SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL, params 2

The Abrake Max works , it set MAX Abrake in sim, Abrake MED and LO doesn't work.
Any idea ?

If the autobrake offset you are using is 0x2F80, this is documented as 'No longer writeable' (in the offset status spreadsheet)
I've checked the code and it seems that this was disabled as the Set Autobrake Control was not present in earlier versions of the SDK. As its now available, I will re-activate that offset for writing.

1 hour ago, asessa said:

Finally , I can't found Offsets or EventID for the HotBrake and TerrON, can you help me?

What are those? Is there anything in MSFS that you can use to control these?

Please try the attached version c7.0.3c where I have re-enabled offset 0x2F80 for writing.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, asessa said:

Finally , I can't found Offsets or EventID for the HotBrake and TerrON, can you help me?

I can find nothing in the SDK (in events or simulator variables) that relate to the HotBrake or TerrON, and also nothing related to these in the MSFS assignments. Therefore its not currently possible to control these.

John
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying or trying to do here. The offsets you mention hold the gear left/centre/right position.
What do you mean by 'extracted' and 'moving'? What are you actually trying to achieve?

 

If the autobrake offset you are using is 0x2F80, this is documented as 'No longer writeable' (in the offset status spreadsheet)
I've checked the code and it seems that this was disabled as the Set Autobrake Control was not present in earlier versions of the SDK. As its now available, I will re-activate that offset for writing.

What are those? Is there anything in MSFS that you can use to control these?

Please try the attached version c7.0.3c where I have re-enabled offset 0x2F80 for writing.

John

FSUIPC7.exe 590.5 kB · 0 downloads

Hi John, first for all thanks for your support.

In mobiflight i have this offsets

image.png.5dc1d09d7276e0c202edebbbc3013bb2.png

Landing Gear  (left,nose,right) Extracted , and i use for green lights , and works.

Landing Gear  (left,nose,right) Moving i think it means gear in movement .. but i don't know if is a mobiflight or fsuipc real offset.

In any cas, do you help me to map landig gear UNLK lights (it have to ON when landing gear is retracting or extracting).

For Abrake push i'll try this version of fsuipc , thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I can find nothing in the SDK (in events or simulator variables) that relate to the HotBrake or TerrON, and also nothing related to these in the MSFS assignments. Therefore its not currently possible to control these.

John
 

Hi John, ok for now is ok.

Where can i find the full list of EventID or sim Var ? Maybe, do i must install sdk ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, asessa said:

Landing Gear  (left,nose,right) Moving i think it means gear in movement .. but i don't know if is a mobiflight or fsuipc real offset.

Its from mobiflight. FSUIPC nly has one offset for each gear wheel which gives the deflection as a percentage.

38 minutes ago, asessa said:

In any cas, do you help me to map landig gear UNLK lights (it have to ON when landing gear is retracting or extracting).

Presumably its just the gear left/center/right position offsets that you have already mentioned. Try monitoring them to see how they change when you retract or extract the landing gear. I would have thought that a value of 0/100 would be retracted/fully extracted (or vice versa) and a value in between would be when it is extracting or retracting.

32 minutes ago, asessa said:

Hi John, ok for now is ok.

Ok, good.

32 minutes ago, asessa said:

Where can i find the full list of EventID or sim Var ? Maybe, do i must install sdk ?

A full list of events is generated by FSUIPC7 and placed in your Documents/FSUIPC7 folder when you run FSUIPC7, called Controls List for MSFS Build 999.txt  (999 is the current minor build number). The MSFS documentation is in the SDK - you need to download and install the SDK to access the documentation. If you want to do this, see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-getting-started-with-the-sdk-dev-mode/123241

John

P.S. The offsetStatus spreadsheet also lists the simulator variables used for each offset (in column G), where appropriate, and at the end also contains a list of other available simulator variables currently not requested.

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Its from mobiflight. FSUIPC nly has one offset for each gear wheel which gives the deflection as a percentage.

Presumably its just the gear left/center/right position offsets that you have already mentioned. Try monitoring them to see how they change when you retract or extract the landing gear. I would have thought that a value of 0/100 would be retracted/fully extracted (or vice versa) and a value in between would be when it is extracting or retracting.

Ok, good.

A full list of events is generated by FSUIPC7 and placed in your Documents/FSUIPC7 folder when you run FSUIPC7, called Controls List for MSFS Build 999.txt  (999 is the current minor build number). The MSFS documentation is in the SDK - you need to download and install the SDK to access the documentation. If you want to do this, see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-getting-started-with-the-sdk-dev-mode/123241

 

John

I try to set with value between max and min , thanks

Thanks for the info about control list .

 

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Annunciators work!

Landing Gear Nose Extracted , Offset 0BEC, params : if($=16383,1,0) (16383=full extracted) = GREEN LIGHT WHEN EXTRACTED
Landing Gear Nose Moving , Offset 0BEC, params :  if($=0||$=16383,0,1) = RED LIGHT WHEN MOVING
Landing Gear Left Extracted , Offset 0BF4, params : if($=16383,1,0) (16383=full extracted) = GREEN LIGHT WHEN EXTRACTED
Landing Gear Left Moving , Offset 0BF4, params :  if($=0||$=16383,0,1) = RED LIGHT WHEN MOVING
Landing Gear Right Extracted , Offset 0BF0, params : if($=16383,1,0) (16383=full extracted) = GREEN LIGHT WHEN EXTRACTED
Landing Gear Right Extracted , Offset 0BF0, params :  if($=0||$=16383,0,1) = RED LIGHT WHEN MOVING

Thanks for suggestions...

Now only abrake mid and lo doesn't work yet... (the offsets 2F80 seems doesn't write... only value 4 (max) inject into sim)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @John Dowson

i'm trying the version c7.0.3c but it seems doesn't work.

If i push button in sim i can read value from mobiflight 

pushing LO i read fsuipc value = 2
pushing MED i read fsuipc value = 3
pushing MAX i read fsuipc value = 4

when all pushbutton are off fsuipc value = 1

So i have map this push button, but only MAX works in sim

image.png.c2f2ad137f3b3702c216cd23ba05ddb0.pngimage.png.0517e43e6abff82571a2d9c9bf4df745.pngimage.png.cbe29404ef9f804df181941b133ba194.png

Any idea?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just took a look at the Neo and it looks like the autobrake control is not currently working, or at least its not updating the AUTO BRAKE SWIOTCH CB variable. I'm not familiar with the A320 so I can't tell what the current autobrake setting is, even after clicking on the Auto Brk Lo/Med/Max switches, Updating the offset will send the control (although I don't know if this has any effect), but sending the control won't be reflected in the offset being updated (as the sim var is not updated). I will raise a zendesk ticket for this.

There are also a few other controls available that I have also  tried which have the same effect:
   Decrease Autobrake Control
   Increase Autobrake Control

There are also the following additional controls available only in MSFS:
    Set Autobrake Hi
    Set Autobrake Med
    Set Autobrake Lo
You can try these (in MSFS) to see if they work for the A320Neo. If so, you can assign a keypress to them (in MSFS), and then assign your buttons/switches to those keypresses in FSUIPC/mobiflight.

Where can I see what the current autobrake setting is in the A320Neo - should the lights on the switches turn on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, took another look when in the air (and the buttons active). It seems that the control/offset is working, but with some peculiarities.

Sending the Set Autobrake control with the following parameters results in the following actions:
   param 1 - autobrake off, offset holds 1
   param 0 - autobrake low, offset holds 0
   param 2 - autobrake low, offset changes to 2 then back to 0
   param 3 - autobrake medium,  offset changes to 3 then back to 0
   param 4 - autobrake high, offset changes to 4 then back to 0

When a param of 2,3 or 4 is sent, I can also see a second Set Autobrake Control being sent with a parameter of 0. Not sure where this is coming from at the moment, I will investigate but this is probably the cause of the offset not holding the correct value, even though the control has actually changed the autobrake setting.

The incr/decr controls also work, as do the MSFS set hi/low/med controls.

13 hours ago, asessa said:

If i push button in sim i can read value from mobiflight 

pushing LO i read fsuipc value = 2
pushing MED i read fsuipc value = 3
pushing MAX i read fsuipc value = 4

when all pushbutton are off fsuipc value = 1

So thats the same as what I have found,

13 hours ago, asessa said:

So i have map this push button, but only MAX works in sim

This I don't understand. All work ok in FSUIPC, except for the offset status not reflecting the correct state, which seems to be due to the additional control being sent. I don't think FSUIPC is sending this, but I'll check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems that when you try to change the value to anything other than 0 or 1, it automatically changes back to 0 afterwards. I will raise this with Asobo.
I guess I could ignore this second update (back to 0), but that would mean that FSUIPC7 is not displaying the value that the sim variable holds, so I'm not sure this is a good idea.
I could add another offset, which would display the autobrake setting as determined by fsuipc (i.e. updated as offset 0x2F80 but ignoring any second control setting this parameter to 0).

For the time being, I'll post about this on the asobo forums and maybe raise a zendesk ticket, depending upon the response.

John
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi John,

to set the AB the SET control should be used, that works also correct for B747 (0 to 6).

The Offset 0x2F80 shows as you found the sequence of value set and then back to zero.

Quote

When a param of 2,3 or 4 is sent, I can also see a second Set Autobrake Control being sent with a parameter of 0. Not sure where this is coming from at the moment, 

This is because in Airbus you have Momentary Push Buttons, so the actual PUSH shows the correct value (2, 3, 4) but when released it goes back to zero. That is not wrong for Airbus, it is the correct design. What is missing is SimVar(s) for the indication LO / MED / MAX.

For B747 the Offset indicates correct in relation to switch position.

Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Thomas,

9 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

to set the AB the SET control should be used, that works also correct for B747 (0 to 6).

So 6 is now the max value? For offset 0x2f80, FSUIPC currently only allows for a max value of 5. Can you confirm this and I will update to 6 (although this offset is currently disabled for writing, its activated in v7.0.3c posted above).

9 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

That is not wrong for Airbus, it is the correct design. What is missing is SimVar(s) for the indication LO / MED / MAX.

Ok, yes - they need a simvar to hold the actual state if the current one cannot be used. Do you think it worth adding another read-only offset to show the actual autobrake state (derived from0x2F80 but ignoring the second reset to zero) to handle this for the A320?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi John,

for B747 the max AB value you set with value 6, shows correct in 0x2F80 but I didn't try setting it via 0x2F80. I used SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL.

Quote

Do you think it worth adding another read-only offset to show the actual autobrake state (derived from0x2F80 but ignoring the second reset to zero) to handle this for the A320?

For Cockpit builders yes. But that would be only for Airbus.

Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, thanks  Thomas. I'll increase the value of the allowed parameter for the write to that offset to 6.

@asessa If you (or anybody else) would like the the additional offset to show the current autobrake setting for the A320Neo then let me know, although thus wouldn't be able to show the correct value in all situations.

I'll also raise a zendesk ticket to see if anything can be added to reflect the current autobrake setting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi John,

for B747 the max AB value you set with value 6, shows correct in 0x2F80 but I didn't try setting it via 0x2F80. I used SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL.

For Cockpit builders yes. But that would be only for Airbus.

Thomas

Indeed, i have an A320 home cockpit, and i'm building an A320 Autobrake Panel.

I also tried the SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL and i had same results

oDMoHSH.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@asessa Would you like me to add that additional read-only offset to reflect the true autobrake setting? Alternatively, I could add a new ini parameter (allowed in both the the [General] and also the [Profile.xxx] sections) that when set would ignore the simvar update to 0 received after a non-zero value was set, so the current offset should hold the correct value. But, both changes would come with a warning as the value may not always reflect the correct setting in all situations (e.g. if you start FSUIPC7 the initial setting will be unknown), but should correct itself one a Set Autobrake Control was sent.

Let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John, i think the resolution should be generic for all and not only for me. So i will adapt to your choice.

I don't understand one thing : you talk about "read-only" offset, but the problem is send to sim the exact value.

For my side i can already push and have correct lights for each button, but i can't send to the sim.

If i push MED on my panel i have button with led ON , but in sim it's off. I hope i was clear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, asessa said:

I don't understand one thing : you talk about "read-only" offset, but the problem is send to sim the exact value.

For my side i can already push and have correct lights for each button, but i can't send to the sim.

Ah, ok. Then the additional offset won't help. However, sending the controls (with parameters as previously mentioned) works for me, as do the inc/dec controls (and the MSFS only hi/med/lo ones). I'm not sure why you can't send to the sim, but presume this must be related to your mobiflight configuration which I can't really help with I'm afraid.
You could try logging events (as well as buttons and switches maybe) to see what is being sent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Ah, ok. Then the additional offset won't help. However, sending the controls (with parameters as previously mentioned) works for me, as do the inc/dec controls (and the MSFS only hi/med/lo ones). I'm not sure why you can't send to the sim, but presume this must be related to your mobiflight configuration which I can't really help with I'm afraid.
You could try logging events (as well as buttons and switches maybe) to see what is being sent.

Uhm , do you mean my parameters or others , sorry

By console log i can see the parameter was send correctly to the sim.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, asessa said:

By console log i can see the parameter was send correctly to the sim.

Then  I don't understand. If the control is sent with the correct parameters (0=low, 1=off, 2=med, 3=hi) (1=off, 0 or 2=low, 3=med, 4=hi), then this works in the A320Neo, as long as the autobrake buttons are active.

Maybe you can try the same controls just using FSUIPC (i.e. without mobiflight) to see if that works.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Then  I don't understand. If the control is sent with the correct parameters (0=low, 1=off, 2=med, 3=hi), then this works in the A320Neo, as long as the autobrake buttons are active.

Maybe you can try the same controls just using FSUIPC (i.e. without mobiflight) to see if that works.

 

Mobiflight use fsuipc , i'll try again with your value (0=low, 1=off, 2=med, 3=hi)

In any case i have to buy a license for test with fsuipc. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, asessa said:

Mobiflight use fsuipc , i'll try again with your value (0=low, 1=off, 2=med, 3=hi)

In any case i have to buy a license for test with fsuipc. 

Ah, ok. But writing to the offsets via mobiflight should have the same result. 

 

9 minutes ago, asessa said:

Mobiflight use fsuipc , i'll try again with your value (0=low, 1=off, 2=med, 3=hi)

Sorry, that was wrong. As above, it should be 0=low, 1=off, 2=low, 3=med, 4=hi.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.