The simFlight Network Forums

A320Neo Autobrake Panel Offsets

asessa

2 minutes ago, asessa said:

Just for info, fsuipc can manage arduino cards directly ?

FSUIPC only recognises HID joystick type devices directly for assignments. Other HID type devices can be programmed using lua.
So it depends how your device is recognised by Windoiws...sorry I can't be of more help. There are plenty of arduino users using FSUIPC, so maybe  they can help with that.

12 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC only recognises HID joystick type devices directly for assignments. Other HID type devices can be programmed using lua.
So it depends how your device is recognised by Windoiws...sorry I can't be of more help. There are plenty of arduino users using FSUIPC, so maybe  they can help with that.

Ok 

I'm slightly confused by this now. Now I understand that you are using an unregistered version, so only the offsets are available (and not direct assignments). In the current released version, offset 0x2F80 is not available, but should be ok in v7.0.3c that I posted earlier. Are you sure you are using that version? If you can see the control (with the correct parameter) being sent, you must be. But I have no  idea why this works for me and not for you. Are you using the A320Neo  FBW mod by any chance?

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

I'm slightly confused by this now. Now I understand that you are using an unregistered version, so only the offsets are available (and not direct assignments). In the current released version, offset 0x2F80 is not available, but should be ok in v7.0.3c that I posted earlier. Are you sure you are using that version? If you can see the control (with the correct parameter) being sent, you must be. But I have no  idea why this works for me and not for you. Are you using the A320Neo  FBW mod by any chance?

Yes i overwrite the exe with your.

And yes i use FBW, i can check with default

Hi,

just to confirm the Offset 0x2F80 (1 Byte) works correct writing the values 1=OFF / 2=LO / 3=MED / 4=MAX.

The Tested AC is the stock Asobo_A320_NEO , buttons assigned to Offset 0x2F80

12=97,8,x01002F80,x02     -{Num1: Press=offset byte set, offset 2F80 }-
14=98,8,x01002F80,x03     -{Num2: Press=offset byte set, offset 2F80 }-
16=99,8,x01002F80,x04     -{Num3: Press=offset byte set, offset 2F80 }-
18=96,8,x01002F80,x01     -{Num0: Press=offset byte set, offset 2F80 }-

The logged values for Offset 0x2F80 are also as we know in sequence, OFF=1 / LO=2->0 / MED=3->0 / MAX=4->0.

@asessa if it does work correct with Mobiflight for you then the problem is somehow on their side but not within FSUIPC. Or I just see you use a different AC with an additional FBW program.

Thomas

Ok you're right : with default A320 the auto brake buttons work all but the lights don't work because the output offset is firstly settled to value of the push then setted to 0.

This mean the A320NX has the var setted for the output but doesn't well receive input 

Do you agree ?

EDIT.

it works with EventID "SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL"

LO = SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL = param 2

MED = SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL = param 3

MAX = SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL = param 4

Also the logged event valuea are setted well (2,3,4)

But in this case i can set the off push button value, only with offset i can set a formula in mobiflight

image.png.ec1bcbe3e40188872ed31be5f54f09bc.png

Hi,

This mean the A320NX has the var setted for the output but doesn't well receive input 

Do you agree ?

it depends on what they actually use or how. But another important thing is the timing. As Mobiflight uses FSUIPC it has a cycletime for writing and reading Offsets. If you use Mobiflight on a client you have in addition latency. When I'm writing the Offset direct to FSUIPC, in FSUIPC assigned, the log shows 200ms - 650ms between the value and the setback to 0.

But in this case i can set the off push button value, only with offset i can set a formula in mobiflight

That does work with SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL = param 1 sending the control via FSUIPC instead of sending the Offset. But that works as well of course correct by sending the SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL = param 1 direct via SimConnect. That must be something setup wrong within Mobiflight.

Thomas

1 hour ago, asessa said:

Ok you're right : with default A320 the auto brake buttons work all but the lights don't work because the output offset is firstly settled to value of the push then setted to 0.

Do you agree ?

Yes. And this is the expected behavior, as described by Thomas in a previous post. I also proposed a couple of work-arounds for this - maybe you can review those suggestions?

I'm not familiar with Mobiflight, but I see Thomas has just responded....

Was the initial problem with the control due to the FBW mod then? If so, maybe let them know.

John

11 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Was the initial problem with the control due to the FBW mod then? If so, maybe let them know.

John

I think yes. I wrote to fbw guys via discord chanell, and i'm talking with them to find a solution.

I hope the problem can be solved because i use their mod (the default a320 isn't so good to flight).

With the mods, the fuipc output value for autobrake is correct but if you want add a new offset to store right values also for the default is good for me.

Thanks for your great support 🙂

11 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

it depends on what they actually use or how. But another important thing is the timing. As Mobiflight uses FSUIPC it has a cycletime for writing and reading Offsets. If you use Mobiflight on a client you have in addition latency. When I'm writing the Offset direct to FSUIPC, in FSUIPC assigned, the log shows 200ms - 650ms between the value and the setback to 0.

That does work with SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL = param 1 sending the control via FSUIPC instead of sending the Offset. But that works as well of course correct by sending the SET_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL = param 1 direct via SimConnect. That must be something setup wrong within Mobiflight.

Thomas

I use MF on the server (all my hw is connected on server pc). 

Actually i can't use my client pc with fs2020 because it doesn't support networked system.

Only prosimA320 ca be used , but i'll try the demo and it has many problems

@asessa I've added the A320Neo autobrake setting to offset 0x0260 in the attached version v7.0.3c which holds the following values:
     0 - off, 1 - lo, 2 - med, 3 - hi
This comes with the proviso that it will only hold the correct state if the state is changed using FSUIPC7 - if the state is changed from the UI, then the events to maintain this offset are not seen.

FSUIPC7.exe

John

9 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

@asessa I've added the A320Neo autobrake setting to offset 0x0260 in the attached version v7.0.3c which holds the following values:
     0 - off, 1 - lo, 2 - med, 3 - hi
This comes with the proviso that it will only hold the correct state if the state is changed using FSUIPC7 - if the state is changed from the UI, then the events to maintain this offset are not seen.

FSUIPC7.exe 590.5 kB · 0 downloads

John

Hi John, thanks, i'll try this evening and report

Regards

1 hour ago, asessa said:

Can you implement an offset for a simvar (if exists) for  AUTOBRAKES ACTIVATED  so i can lighton the led DECEL when it was activated ?

There is an AUTOBRAKES ACTIVE simulator variable, but it looks like this isn't exposed via SimConnect at the moment. I'll check it to see if its available (in case its just missing from the SimConnect documentation) and if so I will add it and let you know. In the mean-time, you could see if the standard brake indicator offset 0x32F9 show anything for Autobrakes..
There is also a simvar LIGHT BRAKE ON which is available via SimConnect, which is True if the light brake is on, but this may be for toe brakes. I'll add it anyway so you can check.

It may take me a few days to get around to this though.

John

• Like 1

Hi John is there a way to add custom offset ?

For example, the A320NX mod use A32NX_BRAKES_HOT var to read and set if Brakes are HOT

// Set simvars
        for (let i = 0; i < currentBrakeTemps.length; ++i) {
            SimVar.SetSimVarValue(`L:A32NX_BRAKE_TEMPERATURE_${i + 1}`, "celsius", currentBrakeTemps[i]);
            if (currentBrakeTemps[i] > 300) {
                brakesHot = 1;
            }
        }

SimVar.SetSimVarValue("L:A32NX_BRAKES_HOT", "Bool", brakesHot);

my idea is to create a custom offset and get this value to lighton my led on autobrake. Also for the autobrake they use some custom vars.

I read somewhere there was a way to add custom offset into fsuipc.ini, but maybe i am i mistake.

There are no 'custom' offsets as such in FSUIPC. There are 'free' offsets available for use to do what you want with. These can be used to populate with data from lvars, but unfortunately there is currently no access to lvars in FSUIPC7. This is the next facility that I would like to look into providing, when time permits.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

There are no 'custom' offsets as such in FSUIPC. There are 'free' offsets available for use to do what you want with. These can be used to populate with data from lvars, but unfortunately there is currently no access to lvars in FSUIPC7. This is the next facility that I would like to look into providing, when time permits.

John

HI John, ok, so I have to wait for it, thanks