The simFlight Network Forums

A320Neo Autobrake Panel Offsets

asessa

On 12/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, John Dowson said:

There is an AUTOBRAKES ACTIVE simulator variable, but it looks like this isn't exposed via SimConnect at the moment. I'll check it to see if its available (in case its just missing from the SimConnect documentation) and if so I will add it and let you know. In the mean-time, you could see if the standard brake indicator offset 0x32F9 show anything for Autobrakes..
There is also a simvar LIGHT BRAKE ON which is available via SimConnect, which is True if the light brake is on, but this may be for toe brakes. I'll add it anyway so you can check.

It may take me a few days to get around to this though.

@asessa Sorry for the delay. I have now added
    0x0C46 1Byte  AUTOBRAKES ACTIVE
    0x0C47 1Byte LIGHT BRAKE ON
in the attached version, v7.04e. They are both recognised (i.e. do not give simconnect errors), but I haven't verified the values - I'll leave that to you!

John

FSUIPC7.exe

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

@asessa Sorry for the delay. I have now added
    0x0C46 1Byte  AUTOBRAKES ACTIVE
    0x0C47 1Byte LIGHT BRAKE ON
in the attached version, v7.04e. They are both recognised (i.e. do not give simconnect errors), but I haven't verified the values - I'll leave that to you!

John

FSUIPC7.exe 593.5 kB · 0 downloads

Hi John, thanks.

Wich values can i expted to have this offsets?

10 hours ago, asessa said:

Ok, so i have to use to light on the decel lights , right?

Well, I added them for you to try this - the AUTOBRAKES ACTIVE flag at offset 0x0C46 sounds like what you are after, but I haven't checked if this is populated in the A320.
Both offsets are read-only.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, asessa said:

i installed last fsuipc version and this offset doesn't work anymore... is it normal? 

Is that for all versions, i.e. the vanilla and the mods?
There has been no change with this in the latest release (v7.0.4). There has been no MSFS update either, so I'm not sure what could have caused this...

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Is that for all versions, i.e. the vanilla and the mods?
There has been no change with this in the latest release (v7.0.4). There has been no MSFS update either, so I'm not sure what could have caused this...

Hi John, i noted the 0x0C46 offeset was always set to 0.

3 minutes ago, asessa said:

Uhm i used the Mod, FBW Custom.

As I say EVERY TIME, if you have an issue and you are using a mod, you should also try the vanilla version.
And whenever you report an issue, you should always specify if its with a mod version or the vanilla.
And, of course, if something is working in the vanilla A320Neo but not the mod version, then you need to report to the mod developers.

John

On 2/1/2021 at 6:18 PM, John Dowson said:

As I say EVERY TIME, if you have an issue and you are using a mod, you should also try the vanilla version.
And whenever you report an issue, you should always specify if its with a mod version or the vanilla.
And, of course, if something is working in the vanilla A320Neo but not the mod version, then you need to report to the mod developers.

John

Hi John, i can confirm it works well with A320Nx FBW 

Still not working for me

In the Vanilla A320 it works as advertized but in the FBW not.

Writing the 2F80 works but only 4 (Max) changes the setting of the A/C. Setting the autobrake off (writing x01 in 2F80) doesn't work either. 

If I write 1,2,3,4 to 28F0 then FSUIPC writes 0,1,2,3 in offset 0260 (correct?) , so that's usefull for the lights in my homebuild cockpit. I hope in the near future they make this also workable for the FBW A320 

20 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

Still not working for me

In the Vanilla A320 it works as advertized but in the FBW not.

Writing the 2F80 works but only 4 (Max) changes the setting of the A/C. Setting the autobrake off (writing x01 in 2F80) doesn't work either. 

If I write 1,2,3,4 to 28F0 then FSUIPC writes 0,1,2,3 in offset 0260 (correct?) , so that's usefull for the lights in my homebuild cockpit. I hope in the near future they make this also workable for the FBW A320 

I confirm only max value (4) works with 28F0, but if you push mid and lo into the sim the button is active also on my panel.
For the 0260 , it has only 2 value (boolean) 1 and 0 . You have to compare it with 28F0 to works.

This evening i will post my settings and i confirm the DECEL led works well with FBW custom.

Check the following post in the Asobo forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thrustmaster-tca-quadrant-still-not-completely-working/309593/695

This seems to be saying that the autobrake is working in the vanilla A320 but not working correctly in the FBW mods as they are using lvars.

The offset status document says offset 0x2F80 is working in the vanilla A320Neo but returns to 0 once set (i.e. is momentary). Is this not the case anymore (i.e does the document need an update for this)?

1 hour ago, asessa said:

I confirm only max value (4) works with 28F0, but if you push mid and lo into the sim the button is active also on my panel.
For the 0260 , it has only 2 value (boolean) 1 and 0 . You have to compare it with 28F0 to works.

This evening i will post my settings and i confirm the DECEL led works well with FBW custom.

I think you're wrong the decel-led is on 0C46 and is boolean. 0260 is a byte with values(0-3).

You say that your panel is active after pushing lo or med (lights come on?), but does it also show on your PFD? in my FBW Dev Mod this is not working.