The simFlight Network Forums

Frequently lose TPM throttle with FSUIPC6

Several months ago I upgraded to P3Dv5 and simultaneously FSUIPC6. Since then, my TPM throttle frequently stops working-- just the throttle, not the mixture or prop control. Usually this is immediately apparent when I start up a new P3Dv5 session, but sometimes it happens after I have been flying for a while.

I think that it is an issue with FSUIPC6, not hardware. The hardware continues to work if I check it out with the driver at the same time that it is failing in P3D. I have found that the only way to fix it is to stop P3d, replace the FSUIPC6.ini file with my previous FSUIPC5.ini file and then restart P3d. Furthermore, it never fails like this when I go back to P3Dv4 with FSUIPC5. I control the TPM controls completely via FSUIPC, not P3D. I am running WIndows 10 and mostly fly with A2A aircraft, but I have found that it happens on other aircraft as well.

4 hours ago, westhielke said:

The hardware continues to work if I check it out with the driver at the same time that it is failing in P3D. I have found that the only way to fix it is to stop P3d, replace the FSUIPC6.ini file with my previous FSUIPC5.ini file

What is the difference between you FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC5.ini? Maybe you can attach them both.

4 hours ago, westhielke said:

Usually this is immediately apparent when I start up a new P3Dv5 session, but sometimes it happens after I have been flying for a while.

When this occurs, if you go into the FSUIPC axes assignments dialog, can you see any movement on the throttle axis?

Are you using a usb 2 or 3 connection? Maybe try changing the usb connection. However, if its fine in FSUIPC5 it should really be the same in FSUIPC6 as there is very little if any difference in axes handling. It may also be worth checking that you have power management disabled on your usb hubs,  as windows has a tendency to re-activate this on updates.

Can you also activate logging for axes events, and produce a log file showing your issue and also attach that. 

John

John,

Thanks for your quick response. I have attached my FSUIPC5.ini and FSUIPC6.ini files. The device in question is called "Saitek Pro Flight TPM System". I do see that there are multiple entries for this device-- not sure why. There are more in the FSUIPC6.ini file.

I disabled the power management for usb. I am using usb 3. Note, however, that my mixture and prop controls are on the same device as the throttle, i.e., the same usb connection, so I think this is probably not the cause of the problem. Furthermore, it failed multiple times (but not every time) after doing that in my testing today.

In testing this today, I found that when I go into FSUIPC, it does respond to the throttle control. To my surprise, after exiting FSUIPC, the throttle was then working. I will have to continue watching this, but if this is a fix, it is much better than having to restart P3D after replacing the INI file. I still can't figure out what causes this.

Thanks,

Wes

FSUIPC6.iniFSUIPC5.ini

Your ini's show that both your FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6 are out of date. Could you update both please - only the latest versions are supported.

They also show that your devices are recognised multiple times with different GUIDs. I think it would be worth cleaning these as its hard to tell what assignments are being used, especially without seeing you log and joyscan files. Could you attach both your FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv and FSUIPC6.joyscan.csv files, as well as an FSUIPC5.log and an FSUIPC6.log and I'll let you know what needs to be removed. AFTER you have updated both version please!. Also re-attach both your ini's.

John

I have now installed FSUIP6.0.11. I tried uploading the ini, csv and log files, but I now keep getting a message saying "You can only upload a total of 0MB".

I did not install a new FSUIPC5, since I am no longer using that. (I had used it previously with P3Dv4.)

When I first started P3Dv5, neither the throttle nor the mixture controls worked, but after I restarted P3D, they both work. I have not yet reencountered the throttle not working.

9 hours ago, westhielke said:

I tried uploading the ini, csv and log files, but I now keep getting a message saying "You can only upload a total of 0MB".

Strange...you should be able to attach files, not sure whats going on there...

I did not install a new FSUIPC5, since I am no longer using that. (I had used it previously with P3Dv4.)

Ok, no problem.

When I first started P3Dv5, neither the throttle nor the mixture controls worked, but after I restarted P3D, they both work.

Hmmm...I don't understand  how a restart with no other changes can change things...

I have not yet reencountered the throttle not working.

Ok. If your issue re-appears, try attaching the requested files again and I'll take a look.

This just happened again, only this time neither the throttle nor the mixture controls worked. This was the first time I've run it since my last report. When I initially started P3D, both controls were working, but after starting the engine, both of those controls stopped.

I am attaching a zip file with the requested files -- ini, csv, log.

Thanks,

Wes

logs.zip

@westhielke Could you please try with the attached ini, which I've cleaned-up a bit, but I don't think this is related to your issue.

FSUIPC6.ini

On 12/13/2020 at 3:59 PM, westhielke said:

I am using usb 3

Also try moving to a USB 2 port. We have had several reports of USB 2 devices no working correctly on USB 3. Also check that, if using an external hub, it is correctly powered.

John

I tried the INI file, but it didn't help. However, I then switched this device over to a USB 2 hub and so far it hasn't failed. Note that my computer only has USB 3 ports. I'm also wondering whether the 64-bit P3dv5 has something to do with it. As I said, I had never had this problem on P3Dv4, which was 32-bit. Also, I haven't had any problems with any of my other devices, which are all connected to the USB 3 hub.

Thanks,

Wes