The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 Prepar3D V5 View Pan with Hat Switch No More "Pan View"

Hi Pete and John,

Really appreciate your hard work on FSUIPC! I just recently discovered that Axes could be mapped to "Pan View" in Axis Assignment. However I noticed that option is no longer in FSUIPC6. Is there a suitable alternative? Right now I am have allowed only the Hat Switch be the only operational Joystick mapping in P3D but I would ideally like all commands to be mapped via FSUIPC. "Axis Pan ..." do not seem to work either.

If I individually map the Pan commands to the 8 directions of the hat switch, the panning is much slower and choppy.

Edited by level7
add John!

The Pan View axis is still available. However, something strange is happening with that axis as if I remove my assignment to it, it no longer appears in the drop-down. Very strange - I will look into it. For the time being, if you select <custom Control>, then enter  66416 in the custom control pop-up, this should assign to Pan View.

John

2 hours ago, level7 said:

Thanks John, worked perfectly for me! Happy now to have removed all assignments from P3D 😄

Ok, thanks for the update. I've identified the problem and the Pan View axis will be back in the drop-down in the next release of FSUIPC6. It was an issue with the update from 6.0.10 to 6.0.11.

John

• 3 months later...

Whereas previously I could select pan view in drop down box in my previous FSUIPC now I have FSUIPC 6.0.13 I see only Pan Heading,Pan Pitch and Pan Tilt!

Looking at previous comments John mentions Custom Control Cannot see that at all. By the way I could not reply to this forum using Internet Explorer had to use Chrome

Brian

3 hours ago, N9811Y said:

Whereas previously I could select pan view in drop down box in my previous FSUIPC now I have FSUIPC 6.0.13 I see only Pan Heading,Pan Pitch and Pan Tilt!

Where are you looking? Its usual to assign to the Pan View control in the axis assignments tab as 'Send to FS as normal axis'. Did you try that? Its certainly there...

Its also in the button assignment drop-down:

1089485309_Image4.png.2cb7d77d12af30651df4b8ff3bd73080.png

3 hours ago, N9811Y said:

Looking at previous comments John mentions Custom Control Cannot see that at all.

That should be the first entry in the menu (unless using custom event files):

595769558_Image5.png.f5b89765b6cbaef7cc928aacc7413284.png

John