The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3d Pro stopped working

DavyJones

10 minutes ago, scoobflight said:

The last entry shows the game is trying to run your video card and then nothing.  Shows that it is failing at your video card initialization.

Okay not sure what else to do then maybe my card is not compatible with the game  Thanks for your help

33 minutes ago, WildCard said:

@powmia1972 It looks like you are trying to run the steam version of the game with some files missing. Run the steam file verifier for the game to restore the missing files.

No, he’s running the non-Steam version (v1.2.78.1044ns SP3.3c). Those fallback handler error messages you see are always there. Although, you may not see them in your version. 😉

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, crbascott said:

No, he’s running the non-Steam version (v1.2.78.1044ns SP3.3c). Those fallback handler error messages you see are always there. Although, you may not see them in your version. 😉

Yep, my mistake. I forgot which one had the higher version number. The 'ns' is added if the steam library doesn't load, so I'm used to ignoring that. 🙂

On 1/11/2021 at 11:08 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

We know there are some issues the latest Windows OS brought to Tower3DPro. Sometimes a Windows uninstall and reinstall helps or uninstalling and reinstalling the windows update. Make sure all your drivers are up to date. There might be a problem with the drivers though. If you are using Gforce RTX video card and experiencing crashes, check if their is a utility called Aorus Engine installed. Try disabling it and verify it does not load and see how it goes. If Tower3DPro works it is recommendable you uninstall Aorus. Apparently this utility is causing many issues across gamers (not just T3DP) with this latest Windows update. 

@powmia1972

2 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Looks like only half of your repost might be applicable, Based on the log, he is using an integrated graphics card with 4 monitors:

Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics (ID=0x8a52)
    Vendor:   Intel
    VRAM:     4165 MB

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been dealing with the same problem: game starts in Steam, then immediately closes. It started since updating Windows and upgrading laptop. 

1st fix: If using laptop with Intel card additional to a dedicated video card, select the program to run on the video card (Eg: in NVIDIA Control Panel check Tower 3d Pro to run on NVIDIA)

2nd fix: Close Wi-fi, or better still, block Tower 3d Pro in your firewall (Windows or other security program). 

Thanks to the guys that found this fix!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, RicardoFM said:

Somehow I can't see to run the application on Administrator.

Instead of copying the tower3d.exe file, I would personally right click it and select Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut) and then follow the further steps, but that is up to you.

If this is the crash when loading the menu, from what I've noticed it seems irrelevant whether you start the game as admin or not. However, to ensure full functionality of the game, it is advisable to run it with administrator privileges.

I do not recommend disabling firewall and/or antivirus software. Rather, I would make sure that (the installation folder and) the files tower3d.exe and ..\tower3d_Data\TowerSpeak\towerspeakbridge.exe are marked as safe applications.

7 minutes ago, RicardoFM said:

Didn't work either. Also I'm on a Windows 10.

That should make no difference in this case.

16 minutes ago, RicardoFM said:

I have Internet, not Ethernet.

Most homes that have internet have both.
Internet is the thing that is not in your home (Circled in RED).
Ethernet is the wires that connect devices in your home to the modem/router (Circled in GREEN).
If there are no wires, then you are using Wi-Fi.
The modem/router (blue and yellow squares) are usually the same device in a home setup.
image.png.2af63ea8f2f30319e1815db3b7d443d1.png

46 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Most homes that have internet have both.
Internet is the thing that is not in your home (Circled in RED).
Ethernet is the wires that connect devices in your home to the modem/router (Circled in GREEN).
If there are no wires, then you are using Wi-Fi.
The modem/router (blue and yellow squares) are usually the same device in a home setup.
image.png.2af63ea8f2f30319e1815db3b7d443d1.png

Ight