The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3d Pro stopped working

DavyJones

10 hours ago, RicardoFM said:

But I don't have one plugged to my computer. All I got plugged is my charger. I'm using WiFi.

Even if you only connect to your router via WiFi, it may still be necessary to disable both the WiFi and Ethernet network adapters if a network card is (pre-)installed or integrated on the motherboard and a corresponding adapter is installed.
There are several ways to do this.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-enable-or-disable-network-adapters-in-windows-10/

Method 4 in the linked article should be the best to follow for the "average" Windows user, but all the methods described are valid.

If this is not successful, it would be helpful if you provide the installation path, an exact error description and a detailed description of what you have done so far to fix the problem. Eventually it is helpfull to post the log file "output_log.txt", which you can find in the folder "tower3d_Data" of the Tower!3D (Pro) directory.
By now you should have posted enough so that the forum allows you to upload files/screenshots.

If it is the well-known and spreading issue that causes the game to crash when loading the menu, disabling the network adapters should actually fix it. (Fix it might be too much to say, it's more of a stopgap.)

If it doesn't help and there is information that could be useful to solve the problem that you don't want to post publicly and you would rather contact the developer/publisher directly, you can use the following link:

https://feelthere.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

49 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

Even if you only connect to your router via WiFi, it may still be necessary to disable both the WiFi and Ethernet network adapters if a network card is (pre-)installed or integrated on the motherboard and a corresponding adapter is installed.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-enable-or-disable-network-adapters-in-windows-10/

Method 4 in the linked article should be the best to follow for the "average" Windows user, but all the methods described are valid.

If this is not successful, it would be helpful if you provide the installation path, an exact error description and a detailed description of what you have done so far to fix the problem. Eventually it is helpfull to post the log file "output_log.txt", which you can find in the folder "tower3d_Data" of the Tower!3D (Pro) directory.
By now you should have posted enough so that the forum allows you to upload files/screenshots.

If it is the well-known and spreading issue that causes the game to crash when loading the menu, disabling the network adapters should actually fix it. (Fix it might be too much to say, it's more of a stopgap.)

If it doesn't help and there is information that could be useful to solve the problem that you don't want to post publicly and you would rather contact the developer/publisher directly, you can use the following link:

Alright, my Ethernet is disabled, but still won't work. I'll put the output log here so you can check. I'm not seeing errors.

output_log.txt

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

I think that's my problem, the part where it crashes when loading the menu, but I tried it and it's still not working.

That's a weird one. If you're sure that both Ethernet and WiFi adapters are disabled, then it could be RAM, VRAM, file permissions, third-party software, or other underlying issues. To my mind, the log file doesn't give much here.

I hope @crbascott, @WildCard or @scoobflight have an idea. They've probably heard of or dealt with any possible issue with the game and can read the log file better than I'm able to do it.

1 minute ago, EliGrim said:

That's a weird one. If you're sure that both Ethernet and WiFi adapters are disabled, then it could be RAM, VRAM, file permissions, third-party software, or other underlying issues. To my mind, the log file doesn't give much here.

I hope @crbascott, @WildCard or @scoobflight have an idea. They've probably heard of or dealt with any possible issue with the game and can read the log file better than I'm able to do it.

Wait, I need to disable WiFi?

It seems apparent that the issue lies in the application trying to 'phone home' as EliGrim has posted elsewhere changing your Hosts file can prevent the crash. This however, isn't really an acceptable solution long term as it bypasses Firewall and other protections. What is the reason the application is actually trying to communicate back to FeelThere for ? It isn't like it is updating itself or doing anything with the check especially for those of us using the program via Steam. 

For the record I fixed my problem by disabling my Ethernet adapter in Network Settings which allows the game to run , Windows 10 , ASUS Z-590 ROG STRIX MB which uses an Intel V220 ethernet chip. 

Game works perfectly fine , it is just that one IP call it makes on load that is causing the issue. As changing the Host file to prevent it from working at all resolves the issue it seems that the IP call is actually redundant so could be removed anyway as a patch? eg it not working at all has no impact on the game so why is it there in the first place ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I just installed Tower 3D Pro on my new computer I bought a couple of months ago. I have exactly this issue, and disabling network makes the game start.

But is there a fix for this? Or when can we expect a fix to be out? I really don't want to disable network just to play this game.

/Peter

3 hours ago, pkorkala said:

But is there a fix for this? Or when can we expect a fix to be out?

It is a long known issue and by now highly unlikely that there will be a fix from the developer.

3 hours ago, pkorkala said:

I really don't want to disable network just to play this game.

• 4 weeks later...

Output_log file attached. Crash as per the common stated problem. If you launch the game with networking enabled the game crashes and exits back to desktop while trying to display the main menu screen. The main screen partially loads and then the game terminates. If you disable your network adapter via Windows system properties, the game launches fine and the network adapter can be renabled. If you return to the main menu through with the network card enabled, the game will crash again. 

output_log.txt