The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot install FSUIPC6: Cannot find P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 installation and so cannot install

Good morning,

I'm trying to install FSUIPC6 v 6.0.11, and I just can't seem to get it started.

When I run the .exe (even as admin) it just errors and tells me:

"Cannot find P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 installation ans so cannot install"

I've tried running it from both the C and D Drive, and the error remains - can't see anything in the readme file or elsewhere in this forum. 

Any suggestions or help appreciated :)

• John Dowson changed the title to Cannot install FSUIPC6
44 minutes ago, Amw1234 said:

Any suggestions or help appreciated 🙂

First, you should always give your posts/support requests an appropriate title. Using your forum username isn't very helpful - I have changed it.

46 minutes ago, Amw1234 said:

"Cannot find P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 installation ans so cannot install"

This implies that no registry entries for P3Dv4 ot P3Dv5 have been found on your system. Do you have either version installed?
Have you ran the version you have installed? It needs to be ran at least once to generate the registry entries.
If that's not the issue, try uninstalling and re-installing the P3D client for the version you are using.

John

• John Dowson changed the title to Cannot install FSUIPC6: Cannot find P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 installation and so cannot install
  • 1 month later...

Hello,
the same problem here. I made a brandnew install of WIN10 64bit (Version2004), I installed P3D V.5.1 and it works without any problem.
When I run the FSUIPC Installer (6.0.12) it tells me: ""Cannot find P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 installation and so cannot install".
- I reinstalled the client of P3D: No change
- I scanned the registry with regedit and it seems, there is no information about the location of P3D (programm files, standard location)
It's mysterious to me... Any idea what I can do?

Best grettings
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

1 hour ago, Jazzflyer said:

- I scanned the registry with regedit and it seems, there is no information about the location of P3D (programm files, standard location)
It's mysterious to me... Any idea what I can do?

And you ran P3D at least once after installing (or re-installing) the client?

If there are no P3D registry entries, it won't detect your P3D installation and won't install.
I'm not sure why you haven't got the registry entries. I will look into this...

In the mean-time, I can update the installer to maybe ignore this, and proceed to the selection of the P3D versions  to install into (rather than aborting).

• 11 months later...

Hi John
Sorry, same problem now! I installed frsh WIN10 prof and Prep3D 5.3. P§D works and made correct entries with right path in registry.
But no install of FSUIPC 6 possible, it shows: "Cannot find P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 installation and so cannot install".
The link for another installer you gave me above does work no more.
No idea, what could be the reason of this...
Any help for me?

Much greetings
Thomas

Hi,
in HKCU Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 i see:
(Standard)          REG_SZ
AppPath              REG_SZ            C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\...

In the link above I find vJoyOffsets.zip with vJoyOffsets.exe in it. I think that's not the installer.

Thomas

1 minute ago, Jazzflyer said:

in HKCU Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 i see:
(Standard)          REG_SZ
AppPath              REG_SZ            C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\...

In the link above I find vJoyOffsets.zip with vJoyOffsets.exe in it. I think that's not the installer.

So AppPath exists under HKCU Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. I have no idea why the installation is failing for you then. It doesn't matter what the value is, it just checks to see if that exists to make sure P3Dv5 is installed.

Very strange...

Did you try the updated installer I posted?

Yes! It works and installation incl. license is done! Thank you!
Would you like to tell me what's the difference to the original file?
It would be interessant what the reason is for this strange behavior.
It's the second time and in both cases it was a fresh win10-installation...

2 minutes ago, Jazzflyer said:

Would you like to tell me what's the difference to the original file?

I just disabled the abort when no P3Dv5 installation was found and set the flag that it was actually found (i.e. a hack!)

If you re-installed windows, did you also install the latest combined VC++ redistributable package? If not, please do that - that may be the issue.

John

• 4 weeks later...

(SOLVED)

Good morning.

I tried all the above but nothing...

The installer starts but then closes without any message. 

The folder at documents is empty, seems no installation is done!

just unchecked the add-on.xml from installation list

Edited by mykonian

• 11 months later...

Do you mean that no P3D installation is detected? I don't understand what can be causing this...Can you confirm that you ran P3D at least once and have the mention registry entries please.
Did you install the latest combined VC++ redistrbutables? if not, please also do that and try again - please also uninstall any of the original or combined VC++ redistribs that you already have installed for 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 before installing the latest combined package..

If you still get issues after that, I will look into making the hacked installer available again, but would rather not if possible.

John