The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot install FSUIPC6: Cannot find P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 installation and so cannot install

Hi John,

Yes, I am receiving the error that no P3D installation is detected. I can confirm that P3D has been run multiple times. I have also checked and confirmed the registry entries are there. I also uninstalled all VC++ redistributable and reinstalled the latest combined package but I still receive the same error.

Ok, thanks, Are you running any anti-virus software (including Windows Defender)? If so, can you also try disabling any and all antivirus software while you install to see if that helps...

In the mean-time, I will put back the previous installer version that allows the installation to continue even if no P3D version detected. Should be available sometime tomorrow - although I cannot guarantee as I am having internet connectivity issues at the moment - its been down most of the day and has been very flakey the past few days, not sure what's going on....

John

Hi John, The Hotfix worked for the installation now we're having another problem with FSUIPC not showing within p3d's add-ons menu. I'm going to look through the forums for more information on that. I wanted to let you know the environment for our users is a little different than normal as they are on an Azure AD, and they are not administrators. I don't know if that could be part of the problem, but I thought I should share.

11 hours ago, Issiah said:

I wanted to let you know the environment for our users

Are you using FSUIPC in a commercial and/or multi-user environment? The FSUIPC license is for a single user only (multiple installations allowed). For all other license requirements, you need to contact me to discuss requirements.

11 hours ago, Issiah said:

I don't know if that could be part of the problem

I would suspect so...FSUIPC is meant to be installed for a single user.

Please clarify how you are using FSUIPC and P3D - and what type of P3D license you have (is it a commercial license)?

Probably better to discuss this via PM/DM.

John

I was unable to find any information to further assist me with the secondary problem I have run into. I have installed the program and we input the license and it completed successfully (I checked the documents folder and found the FSUIPC folder) but in P3D I don't see the option within "Add-Ons"

On 2/3/2023 at 10:10 PM, Issiah said:

we're having another problem with FSUIPC not showing within p3d's add-ons menu.

There are two methods to get P3D to use FSUIPC - either using an add-on xml file or by using P3D's DLL.xml. By default, the installer uses the first method. If having issues with this, then you could try using the 2nd method, by unchecking the add-on.xml component when selecting the components to install.

However, you shouldn't need admin privileges for the add-on.xml. This is created in an FSUIPC6 sub-folder of the Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder (or v4 for P3Dv4), which is usually created by P3D under the user' %USERPROFILE%\Documents folder. So, first check that folder exists. I have also attach an example add-on.xml (you will need to change the Path to point to the location of your FSUIPC6.dll: add-on.xml
Further details on this can be found here (for v4, v5v is the same except for the folder name): https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/add-ons/add-on_packages.html

If using the DLL.xml method, the DLL.xml file is created (or updated if it already exists) under the user' AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 folder. The format of this file is defined here: https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/add-ons/add-on_configuration_file_formats.html

9 minutes ago, Issiah said:

I checked the documents folder and found the FSUIPC folder

That folder should be for the add-on.xml file only (is it there?). If you installed FSUIPC6 in that folder, please re-install (this will uninstall the current installation first) and select a non-windows protected folder (i.e. not under Documents and not under Program Files or any other windows-specific folder). Once you have done that, check the add-on.xml file is correct. If it is and FSUIPC isn't loading, switch to using the DLL.xml installation method.

You can attach the InstallFSUIPC6.log file for each each installation type (add-on.xml and dll.xml) id you continue to get issues and I will take a look.

John

9 hours ago, Issiah said:

I was able to get it working with the DLL.xml edit.

Did it not work installing using that method (i.e. with the add-on.xml component unchecked during installation)?
If not, due you know what the difference was to the DLL.xml as changed/updated by FSUIPC or with your DLL.xml edit - was it just in a different location maybe?