The simFlight Network Forums

Button Offset Condition with signed (negative) value

jaxx

Hi,

I'm trying to create an offset condition so that is only true while I'm in reverse throttle.
The obvious 1=W088C<0 UB,8,C65820,0     -{THROTTLE1_SET}- does not work, and the manual also says All values are treated as unsigned..
But I also tried W088C&F000=x1 or W088C>F000 or even W088C>16384 which I thought should work if the value is treated as unsigned.

Any idea if this is possible?

Thanks
jaxx

EDIT:
Ok, the problem might be somewhere else. I get it working in some conditions, but it seems the release action is not getting executed when the button is releases.
With this setup:
0=PB,8,C65820,-4096     -{THROTTLE1_SET}-
1=UB,8,C65820,0     -{THROTTLE1_SET}-

When the button is pressed (and held down) reverse throttle is set.
When I do nothing else and release the button throttle goes back to idle.
BUT: When I press/hold the button and set reverse throttle and then increase the throttle manually (via axis or in the VC) and then bring it back to idle and then (via the VC) bring it into reverse throttle, all while the button is still held down, when I then release the button I would expect the throttle to go to idle from reverse, but it doesn't do anything.

EDIT 2:
Seems setting the throttle to 0 is not working reliably when the throttle is somewhere in reverse. Same behavior from Lua. I'm now writing to the offsets with Lua Events and everything is working fine. :)

12 hours ago, jaxx said:

Same behavior from Lua. I'm now writing to the offsets with Lua Events and everything is working fine. 🙂

So is it working now? I'm slightly confused...
Have you looked at using the Throttle Reverse Thrust Toggle control? If that is supported in the aircraft you are using, this allows you to use the full range of your throttle axis for reverse thrust when set.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Have you looked at using the Throttle Reverse Thrust Toggle control? If that is supported in the aircraft you are using, this allows you to use the full range of your throttle axis for reverse thrust when set.

If I see that behavior correctly it would just use my forward throttle as reverse throttle while toggled? That is not exactly what I wanted.
I have the Honeycomb Bravo which has dedicated reverse throttle levers like in a Boeing, but they are not axis but basically a toggle button.

Setting for this button "full reverse on press and throttle 0 on release" was working from the beginning, but I got those slight problems when I wanted to prevent engaging reverse throttle when I'm not near the bottom with my throttle lever and prevent setting throttle to idle on releasing the button when I'm already in positive throttle.
I'm using this now which works great:

function reverseThrottle(readOffset, writeOffset, downup)
	pos = ipc.readSW(readOffset)
	if downup == 1 and pos <= 100 then
		ipc.writeSW(writeOffset, -4096)
	elseif downup == 0  and pos < 0 then
		ipc.writeSW(writeOffset, 0)
	end
end

function reverseThrottle1(joynum, button, downup)
	reverseThrottle(0x088C, 0x089A, downup)
end

function reverseThrottle2(joynum, button, downup)
	reverseThrottle(0x0924, 0x0932, downup)
end

function reverseThrottle3(joynum, button, downup)
	reverseThrottle(0x09BC, 0x09CA, downup)
end

function reverseThrottle4(joynum, button, downup)
	reverseThrottle(0x0A54, 0x0A62, downup)
end

event.button(HCB, 8, 3, "reverseThrottle1")
event.button(HCB, 9, 3, "reverseThrottle2")
event.button(HCB, 10, 3, "reverseThrottle3")
event.button(HCB, 11, 3, "reverseThrottle4")

13 minutes ago, jaxx said:

If I see that behavior correctly it would just use my forward throttle as reverse throttle while toggled? That is not exactly what I wanted.

Yes, that's how that control works.

But if you have managed to set it up how you want it to function, thats great. And thanks for posting your lua solution.

I should be getting a Honeycomb Bravo soon (according to Honeycomb....), so I may use your lua once it arrives.

John

55 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I should be getting a Honeycomb Bravo soon (according to Honeycomb....), so I may use your lua once it arrives.

I'm still in the progress of setting it up, just got it yesterday. Like with the Alpha Yoke I think I'll need quite some special handling in LUA as there are again buttons outside the 32-button range and to get it working with automatic profiles for the different commercial/GA lever setups.
But all in all it's great, much better than the simple Saitek Throttles I had before.

16 minutes ago, jaxx said:

Like with the Alpha Yoke I think I'll need quite some special handling in LUA as there are again buttons outside the 32-button range and to get it working with automatic profiles for the different commercial/GA lever setups.

Yes, I have heard that both of those Honeycomb devices have buttons outside of the 32 limit and need lua to be used in FSUIPC. I should be getting both the Bravo and the Alpha sometime in January, also updating from the Saitek ones.

Btw, are you now using MSFS 1.12.13.0? I've had some reports of FSUIPC7 crashing with this version when using those Honeycomb devices and lua (HidDemo.lua), but am still awaiting details.

24 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Btw, are you now using MSFS 1.12.13.0? I've had some reports of FSUIPC7 crashing with this version when using those Honeycomb devices and lua (HidDemo.lua), but am still awaiting details.

Since the latest version released I just worked on setting up the throttle, no long flights or anything.
But I noticed with the new Version the ingame profile for the HC Alpha was filled again with the default actions, which is not good for the always-on-toggles.
E.g. when the magneto is set ingame, it will fire constantly. In the FSUIPC event log you can then see the Magneto-Off event being fired all the time. Same with e.g. the Alternator-On toggIe don't now if this can cause problems, I removed the assignments again from ingame as I only use FSUIPC for any always-on toggle.
I'm also using HID polling for the Magneto on the Alpha, so in general it works, haven't looked at the HidDemo though.