The simFlight Network Forums

TrafficLook and FSX

Hi Pete,

I 've just upgraded from win7 64 to win10 64 and I realized that TrafficLook doesn't work on FSX Accel.

I may miss something, so could you please confirm where to place the exe, in order to see it working ?

Many thanks and happy Holidays.

21 hours ago, sotiris said:

I 've just upgraded from win7 64 to win10 64 and I realized that TrafficLook doesn't work on FSX Accel.

TrafficLook works fine on both Win7 and Win10, and with any version of FSUIPC which provides traffic information  -- ie FSUIPC4, FSUIPC5, FSUIPC6, and FSUIPC7 (though in the last case MSFS is woefully deficient at present in what it exposes).

It doesn't matter where you install TrafficLook. it's a separate application which connects to FSUIPC on the same PC as FSX/P3D, or to WideClient on a WideFS client PC.

Pete

Thanks Pete for your reply,

However, Traffic details window of the programme remains blank while FSX is running.

On the other hand, I have inserted TrafficLook.exe in the Antivirus exclusions.

Ran out of ideas. Should I place it within FSX main folder or what ?

Sotiris.

37 minutes ago, sotiris said:

However, Traffic details window of the programme remains blank while FSX is running.

Are you running FSX "as administrator"? If so you must also run any FSUIPC applications such as TrafficLook "as administrator" too -- otherwise they can't exchange information.

Otherwise you need to state the version number of your FSUIPC4, and if it is up to date (4.975a) then show me the FSUIPC4.LOG and FSUIPC4.INI files (from the FSX Modules folder). Also the TrafficLook.INI file, which will be in whatever folder you use to run TrafficLook.

43 minutes ago, sotiris said:

Should I place it within FSX main folder or what ?

You can put it where you wish. I have mine in a folder I created called "TrafficLook".

Pete

38 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Are you running FSX "as administrator"? If so you must also run any FSUIPC applications such as TrafficLook "as administrator" too -- otherwise they can't exchange information.

Many thanks again Pete. It now works following your suggestion !