The simFlight Network Forums

License for more than 1 Computer needed?

Skystar

Hello.

Since MSFS doesn't need a serial number for installation because it's coupled with my Microsoft account, I did a 2nd installation of MSFS on a different PC where I use the same Microsoft account to logon. Both PCs are mine, both will never run MSFS at the same time, because one is at home and the other one at work, which in my case is 555km distance.

I can simply install every AddOn (DLC) of the MSFS internal Store on both PCs without any issue.
But what about FSUIPC 7? Am I allowed to install it on the 2nd PC using the same serial code I purchased at SimMarket?
If not: Will you offer a special "2nd License" ?
Or is it simply better to not ask this question and to not wake the "sleeping lion"? 😇

Thank You
Ralf

3 hours ago, Skystar said:

But what about FSUIPC 7? Am I allowed to install it on the 2nd PC using the same serial code I purchased at SimMarket?

Yes, you can use it on an many PCs as you like, provided they are for your personal use. The license belongs to you, the user, not the PC.

Pete

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your answer. Indeed.

Unfortunately while trying to setup FSUIPC7.03 on a 2nd PC I can't register it, using the same credentials.
I purchased FSUIPC7 on the 6th of december at SimMarket and I have a perfectly working FSUIPC7 on my 1st PC. 
I tried to enter/copy/paste everything 2..3 times. Name, E-Mail, Serial-Code.

Unfortunately I allways get "Registration Details for FSUIPC7 not valid..."
Is it possible your registration system doesn't support my intention for a parallel installation on a 2nd system due to different hardware on my side?

Cheers
Ralf

44 minutes ago, Skystar said:

Unfortunately I allways get "Registration Details for FSUIPC7 not valid..."
Is it possible your registration system doesn't support my intention for a parallel installation on a 2nd system due to different hardware on my side?

No, it doesn't know about the other installation and in any case there are no checks on the hardware itself. You must be making an error somewhere.

But you can also just copy the FSUIPC7.key file from the one PC to the other.

Pete