The simFlight Network Forums

"Missing" buttons, switches and axis on Saitek X-52

FSX:SE      LINDA 3.1.1      FSUIPC 4975A

First off, not complaining. FSUIPC is an awesome tool, and I enjoy it--and use it--immensely. I've recently begun using my old Saitek X-52 H.O.T.A.S., and unlike in the past, when I used Saitek's (ugh) profiler, this time I've used LINDA and FSUIPC to assign controls and functions. Having done so, I've discovered controls that neither LINDA nor FSUIPC recognize. 

The specific buttons, switches and axis are:

1. Mode Switch [MODE] (stick),
  2. Pinkie Trigger [6] (stick)
  3. Mouse Button [31] (throttle)
  4. Mouse Button 2 [32] (throttle); neither click switch nor rotary axis
  5. Mini Stick/Mouse (throttle)

Just curious as to why they aren't recognized. It's not a big deal, I'm mostly curious.

17 hours ago, Masterius said:
  • Mode Switch [MODE] (stick),
  • Pinkie Trigger [6] (stick)

What number buttons do these show in Windows game controller properties for that device? FSUIPC only supports 1-32 (shown as 0-31 in FSUIPC). for more you'd need to resort to a Lua plug-in. I don't know about LINDA though.

17 hours ago, Masterius said:
  • Mouse Button [31] (throttle)
  • Mouse Button 2 [32] (throttle); neither click switch nor rotary axis
  • Mini Stick/Mouse (throttle)

FSUIPC doesn't support the mouse for assignable inputs. You can use mouse buttons and movements in Lua plug-ins. Again i don't know about LINDA.

Pete

11 hours ago, Masterius said:
  • Pinkie Trigger [6] (stick): Button 6
  • Mouse Button [31] (throttle): Button 31
  • Mouse Button 2 [32] (throttle): Button 32

So in FSUIPC you should see the trigger button as 5, and the 'throttle' buttons would be 30 and 31, so they should all be assignable in FSUIPC's Buttons and Switches tab.

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

So in FSUIPC you should see the trigger button as 5, and the 'throttle' buttons would be 30 and 31, so they should all be assignable in FSUIPC's Buttons and Switches tab.

Problem is, FSUIPC doesn't recognize them. Nor, for that matter, does LINDA or FSX:SE. Windows USB game controller sees them, but for some reason nothing else does. 

~Masterius

11 minutes ago, Masterius said:

Problem is, FSUIPC doesn't recognize them. Nor, for that matter, does LINDA or FSX:SE. Windows USB game controller sees them, but for some reason nothing else does. 

Have you installed any Saitek software or drivers for your device? If so, uninstall them and try again.

If you still have issues, please post again and attach you FSUIPC4.log and FSUIPC4.ini files - as well as the FSUIPC4.Joyscan.csv file if its there (although I'm not sure this is created with FSUIPC4).

However, I don't know what you mean by 'Mouse Button' - is this a button on your X52? What does this have to do with a 'mouse'?

John