The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and TCA QUADRANT with Aerosoft A318/A321

Hello

I fly on FSX-SE with Aerosoft planes (A318/A321). As many others i bought TCA QUADRANT. Unfortunately i was'nt able to configure the throttles with FSUIPC4.. It seems people on Web encounter same difficulties. Is there a solution ?

2 minutes ago, styves said:

Unfortunately i was'nt able to configure the throttles with FSUIPC4.. It seems people on Web encounter same difficulties. Is there a solution ?

We cannot help if we do not know what your issue is.
Please describe your issue, what you have tried, and attach any appropriate files - we at least need to see you FSUIPC4.ini file.

John

1 hour ago, styves said:

but the throttles don't move.

Can you explain what you mean by this please.
If you move your throttle, do you see the axis in the axis dialog? I presume so, as you do have a throttle axis assignemnt in your a318af profile.

Note also that that profile is only assigned to this one aircraft:
    1=Airbus A318 British Airways G-EUNA
So will only wotk with an exact (substring) match on that string. You probably want to change that to
    1=Airbus A318
or even just
    1=A318
And if you want the same profile for the A321, you need to add
    2=A321
(but you may want to set that up in a separate profile, I don't know).

Also, you are using v4.974. This is out-of-date and no longer supported. Please update to 4.975.

John

P.S. I see you are also using Linda...if you are using Linda for your assignments, then you will need the Linda support forum.
Otherwise you should disable this for the time being.

Edited by John Dowson
PS added

for the moment i don't use Linda . I will put it off... Things are complicated ... enough 🙂

When i say "throttles don't move... it's on screen" : i can see on axis assignments folder, that both throttles are working.

I'll upgrade fsuipc, desable completly linda stuff and will send you a new fsuipc.ini

thank you again

13 minutes ago, styves said:

When i say "throttles don't move... it's on screen" : i can see on axis assignments folder, that both throttles are working.

Ok. Then I need to see your FSUIPC4.ini, and also an FSUIPC4.log file, with your aircraft loaded, axis logging enabled, and move your throttle through its full range and back again.

Is this just a problem with the A318/A321 add-on?  Or is it a general problem with the TCA throttle quadrant? 

3 hours ago, styves said:

It seems people on Web encounter same difficulties. Is there a solution ?

If its a problem with the throttle quadrant or airbus interaction, I think you would be better off asking on  the Aerosoft forums, as I don't have that device or the Aerosoft Airbuses.
I see there is this long ongoing thread over on the aerosoft forums (which I haven't got time to read, sorry!) which may help, I don't know: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156444-tca-support-for-the-aerosoft-busses-and-update-schedule/

John

1 hour ago, styves said:

it concern mainly P3V4/5 and not FSX...

Yes, but the SimConnect interface used by FSX isn't that different from the P3Dv4/5 SimConnect, so should still apply.

Still, post those files with the logging and I'll take a look. Also try moving the throttle with the mouse to see what that logs. And try with a default aircraft - or is it just an issue with the A318/A321?

John

Edited by John Dowson
Added reminder to still post files

• John Dowson changed the title to FSUIPC and TCA QUADRANT with Aerosoft A318/A321

@styves When attaching logs, always attach the full log (zipped if too big), not a continuation log, as there is information that is missing from continuation logs that I need to see (what aircraft you have loaded, for example).

Your log does show that the parameters for your axis controls are all zero, which is very strange . Do you see the in/out numbers changing when you move your throttle with the Axis Assignment tab open in FSUIPC?

Also, did you try moving the throttle in the UI (with the mouse)? What does the FSUIPC4.log show when you do this?

John

Hi, I wish you all a very happy new year. It is my first post on your forum. I am french so thanks in advance for my english

I'm using flight simulator since version 4 and now FSX SE (W10). After years with FSUIPC free, i've now FSUIPC registered 4.975a. This is a wonderfull tools. Thanks for the job.

I have some difficulties in setting up correctly FSUIPC for my Airbus A320/321 Aerosoft using Thrustmaster TCA Throttle quadrant. I hope you can help me.

The quadrant is totally new and recognized by windows and FSX. Driver is up to date. for the moment I just want to set up throttle axis and detent (IDLE, CLB, FLEX, TOGA, Reverse)

In a second time i will try to setup switches for engines startup.

My problem is the following one: 

After defining the axis assignment (X assigned to Axis Throttle 1 set, y assigned to Axis Throttle 2) and done calibration  (tab 3 of 11), in the best case, i have normal Idle at the right poistion and reverse (idle and full) operating correctly at the right position. But nothing for positive throttle. As i move up throttle levers engines stays idle. 

tell me what you need for helping me

many thanks for your attention

Guy 

Hi John and thanks for your answer 

I think aerosoft doesn't care with old versions of his airbuses (bad news I bought in december 2019 my airbus!) and the forum is quite empty on that subject 

as i have asked help, aerosoft indicates me "perhaps you can have a solution with LUA and Lvars" !

as i've never used those and do not want to develop, my choice was FSUIPC 

Found this on the Aerosoft forums (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/112537-throttle-problems/) that may help (especially item 6):

Guys,

I'm very sorry not to have responded... I had some things come up that took me away from my computer.

The primary reason for throttle jumping as your describing is either the joystick software or calibration.  It can also be the deadzone and sensativity settings in your flight sim software. 

1. Be sure you are running FSX with SP1 and SP2 (Service Packs), or FSX Acceleration, or FSX Steam (FSX.SE).

2. Ensure UAC (User Account Control) is disabled or set to the lowest possible setting.

3. Open your Main FSX Folder and Right Click on the "FSX,exe" icon, select "Properties" and then click on the "Compatibility" tab and check to ensure that "Run this program as an administrator" is checked. This setting should be the second to last setting checkbox), and it's difficult to see if the setting is greyed out (if it's greyed out then it's likely set via the "Change settings for all users", which is the last Check Box Item under the "Compatibility" tab.

4. Let's also be sure that "Auto Rudder" is turned off in FSX as this could be causing a problem with the FBW (Fly By Wire) programming.

5.  Be sure you installed the Airbus correctly. Having customers install properly has fixes a great many problems, including throttle issues. If you wish to reinstall, follow the procedure HERE.  The standard procedure for INITIAL installation of flight simulation related software is to have your Antivirus turned off, User Account Control Disabled, then Right Click the installer and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.  If you are REINSTALLING the Airbus then please follow THIS procedure.

6. Be sure you setup the throttle exactly as shown in the Throttle Section of the Airbus documentation (Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup).

7. Test your joystick using either the Joystick software or Windows Game Controllers and looking at the axis graph see if you're experiencing the same "jumps" instead of a smooth signal on the graph. If your throttle is jumping, you have a noisy joystick (probably a Potentiometer) and you should contact the manufacturer for a solution.

8. If none of the another helped, try removing the dead zone and reducing sensitivity in your flight sim software.  You may need to find the right mix of the two for your joystick.

9. Though Aerosoft does not recommend using FSUIPC for setting up the throttle, you may benefit from doing so if your joystick is noisy. You'll need the Registered Version of FSUIPC, then follow the FSUIPC setup procedure in  Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup .

10. When starting the Airbus, select the "ACRFT STATE" on the Copilot MCDU and select "TAKE-OFF STATE", after which please fully program the FMS for your test flight. This will veriffy that allow systems are up and Auto Throttle and V-Speeds are programmed for the flight.

11. Check / verify that the inverted AXIS setting in the Airbus Configurator. Please also note there are TWO CONFIGURATORS if one has both the A320/A321 and the A318/A319 installed so one needs to ensure they are using the applicable Configurator.

12. In FSX, remove ALL AXIS assignments, then close FSX, followed by restarting FSX, and then reassign your joystick AXIS.  Let's note something here:  If you don't normally receive the "FSX Failed to Close Normally" message, and recently saw that message (popup window) when you ended FSX, then there is a good possibility that some of all of your Joystick settings got dumped and auto configured. This occurs from time to time in FSX and FSX:SE (never been able to figure out how or why) and one has to either use a backup copy of the control settings OR re-program the Joystick settings. Because this happens from time time (even after months and months of not happening) I recommend that users back up their control settings file. The file name is "Standard" and it's located at:  C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls folder. Note that the "AppData" folder is a HIDDEN folder and as such you'll need to change your Windows Folder Properties to include "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

If you're still having problems after doing the above you either have a bad joystick, bad joystick driver, or you need to carefully follow the outlined procedures.

Finally, a short video or screen shots showing the problem you're having would be very helpful.

Please let me know how you make out.

John

Edited by John Dowson
Highlighted item 6

Thanks for this information. I will read with attention and give you a feed back

My installation was done as "Admin" and FSX.exe run as Admin also. 

1 to 5 and 10 & 11 checked

i'm going to read the vol7 and check 12

i will be back to you after 

thanks

3 minutes ago, GBOULANGER said:

Thanks for this information. I will read with attention and give you a feed back

My installation was done as "Admin" and FSX.exe run as Admin also. 

1 to 5 and 10 & 11 checked

i'm going to read the vol7 and check 12

i will be back to you after 

There's not much I can do with this. I think you would be better off supplying any feedback/questions to the Aerosoft forums.
As I said, I don't have that aircraft or quadrant, or even FSX/FSX-SE or FSUIPC4! But still, let me know how you get on and I can still take a look at your logs/ini once you have revised your set-up from the Aerosoft advice.

John

i'm back with bad news 

i check every item and the situation is inchanged

everything is perfect for reverse and idle but i can have nothing for forward throttle

in fact it is not exactly nothing, after detailed observation when moving the throttle quadrant slowly up the engine is running a bit faster than idle and at about 80 % of the course the throttle can reach about 50 % but never goes to 100% and the detent CLB or FLEX either TOGA never appear (it doesn't give at all the same result as using default F3 fonction key)

going on I changed aircraft for a beech king air of microsoft basic and the throttle quadrant give correct throttle for idle, reverse and forward throttle 

as I progess with your help, it seems to be a difficulty to send correct parameters to aerosoft plane 

i can make a video with OBS but i have no webcam and i think a film will be strongly over size limits 

Correction the result with king air is better but not perfect in fact 

reverse goes well also in this plane and the forward throttle works but i think there is still a neutral zone in the middle and i'm not shure of a good result because i'm not used to this plane.

15 minutes ago, GBOULANGER said:

reverse goes well also in this plane and the forward throttle works but i think there is still a neutral zone in the middle

Yes, there should be a neutral zone, when the engine is idling. You use the central zone calibration to set its size and position on your particular throttle controls. You need to calibrate to make it easy and certain to set idle properly and with stability.

Pete