The simFlight Network Forums

Hello,

I love the STB, but from now it's becoming difficult. AIGTC flightplans are not recognized. Is there something in the work? This format will be the future at AIG and a lot of more flightplans are converted from BGL to this new format.

Thanks

Urmel

The real issue sounds like they are injecting traffic into the simulator based on BGLs, which is similar to the approach taken by UT2 and UTLive.  When traffic is created in this way, too little information is known in SimConnect for guys like STB to know what's happening, so I'm afraid we won't be able to support that.

Simon

Yes, just tested it.  Works exactly like UT2 and UTLive in the sense of injecting traffic.  Unfortuately there is no information available to me about planes sat at the gate.  When do they depart, where do they go?  Not even P3D can tell me that until AIG loads a flight plan when the departure time (known only to AIG) occurs.  STB will work to a large extent, but won't show everything as it can for pure BGL traffic.

Simon

24 minutes ago, flying-w said:

Yes, just tested it.  Works exactly like UT2 and UTLive in the sense of injecting traffic.  Unfortuately there is no information available to me about planes sat at the gate.  When do they depart, where do they go?  Not even P3D can tell me that until AIG loads a flight plan when the departure time (known only to AIG) occurs.  STB will work to a large extent, but won't show everything as it can for pure BGL traffic.

Simon

There should be some information. I'm part of AIG (I made some minor aircraft cfg updates, they are part of the AIG AIM). I think that the information you need is available. There is an api somewhere.

Maybe you are interested. Will be great, I don't wan't miss STB.

Thanks

Urmel

• 3 weeks later...