The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS VOR CRS Tuning (unsolved)- PART 2

John-

The topic was closed without resolution so I started another one-

No, I use a PFC Cirrus Console II rewired with 2 Leo Bodnar boards. The Honeycomb video was merely for illustration.  My issue is that my Landing Gear Lever, when up, floods MSFS with the pressed switch command constantly.  That creates the 10 degree heading control problem. This despite the fact that I stopped using the right side (Gear Up/Gear Down) and went to a keystroke "G" (toggle gear) with the tick box checked specifically to obviate this issue. 

Zt4M3zi.png

In the older versions of FSUPIC it was possible to tick a box (on the Misc Tab I believe) to STOP THE FLOODING issue.  Could we please implement that again?

I realize you are very busy, but I would ask that you please do not close this topic until the issue is actually resolved. My current solution (not desirable) is to leave the Gear Lever down, and press the keyboard "G"... wholly negating the HW.

I appreciate what Pete and now you do for us all, and remain obliged.

C

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

My issue is that my Landing Gear Lever, when up, floods MSFS with the pressed switch command constantly. 

So that lever is faulty, constantly sending button press/release notifications? Is Honeycomb going to fix that?

And why are you assigning to a Key press (G) instead of the more efficient GEAR TOGGLE control? Or, better, GEAR UP / GEAR DOWN? Do these controls not yet work in MSFS?

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

In the older versions of FSUPIC it was possible to tick a box (on the Misc Tab I believe) to STOP THE FLOODING issue.  Could we please implement that again?

If you are referring to FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4. I think what you refer to was actually a Sim code hack which will not be done in the 64-bit FSUIPC5/6 not can it be with FSUIPC7 being a separate process altogether.  And "Fix control acceleration" wasn't a "flood" prevention -- there was never any such thing. If a button is continually signally a change FSUIPC must obey its assignments. The facility you refer to just changed the time value in the sim which was being used to determine whether to accelerate or not. And it operated on controls (events) not keypresses.

I think the fix has to be in the Honeycomb device. Have they explained why they have it repeating like that? I can only assume it is a production bug. 

Pete

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

The topic was closed without resolution so I started another one-

It is not resolved, but it is a known issue with MSFS, which is why it was closed. Thus issue is  caused (as far as I am aware, but please check the Asobo forums for a more detailed problem description) when there is an assignment to a *_SET command (in MSFS, including ley presses assigned to such commands) to a button that continually fires, such as those on the Honeycomb or the Thrustmaster Warthog.

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

My issue is that my Landing Gear Lever, when up, floods MSFS with the pressed switch command constantly. 

Assigned in FSUIPC? Do/did you have it on repeat?

I have no idea what you are talking about here. Which version of FSUIPC was that? What was it called and what did it do? There is nothing I know of relating to this in FSUIPC5/6/7.

I realize you are very busy, but I would ask that you please do not close this topic until the issue is actually resolved. My current solution (not desirable) is to leave the Gear Lever down, and press the keyboard "G"... wholly negating the HW.

I can keep this open, but as this is a known MSFS issue, there is nothing I can do in FSUIPC to prevent this.

John

11 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

So that lever is faulty, constantly sending button press/release notifications? Is Honeycomb going to fix that?

And why are you assigning to a Key press (G) instead of the more efficient GEAR TOGGLE control? Or, better, GEAR UP / GEAR DOWN? Do these controls not yet work in MSFS?

If you are referring to FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4. I think what you refer to was actually a Sim code hack which will not be done in the 64-bit FSUIPC5/6 not can it be with FSUIPC7 being a separate process altogether.  And "Fix control acceleration" wasn't a "flood" prevention -- there was never any such thing. If a button is continually signally a change FSUIPC must obey its assignments. The facility you refer to just changed the time value in the sim which was being used to determine whether to accelerate or not. And it operated on controls (events) not keypresses.

I think the fix has to be in the Honeycomb device. Have they explained why they have it repeating like that? I can only assume it is a production bug. 

Pete

Pete-

I use a PFC Controls Cirrus Console II which I have completely re-wired with Leo Bodnar boards- there is NO HONEYCOMB involved.

Toggle Results in the same behavior- as the Gear Up position is what keeps sending.  I therefore resorted to a "G" keystroke, and SELECTED Not to be held, however, that too does not resolve the issue.

Do you have any thoughts on how I can use my HW, and still get one degree movement with mouse wheel clicks (without leaving the Gear Handle down as I do now)?

Ta- C

5 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Do you have any thoughts on how I can use my HW, and still get one degree movement with mouse wheel clicks (without leaving the Gear Handle down as I do now)?

As you know what causes this issue, you just need to eliminate that. i.e this:

12 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Why is it doing this? Where is this assigned?
Maybe you can attach your FSUIPC7.ini file, and and Fsuipc7.log file generated with event logging activated and showing your issue.

Also check that you have an empty profile assigned in MSFS, or at least that you don't have assignments in both FSUipc and MSFS for the same buttons/axes.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

As you know what causes this issue, you just need to eliminate that. i.e this:

Also check that you have an empty profile assigned in MSFS, or at least that you don't have assignments in both FSUipc and MSFS for the same buttons/axes.

John

John-

You've got a bit of your Dad's genius in you mate! 

That was the ticket.  With the "G" mapped in MSFS, and the Gear Up command REMOVED (I thought it was) and the "G" keystroke assigned to that lever with "Keypress not to be held" I'm fairly confident that I've got this licked.  Give me a few hours and I will confirm.

Ta!

C