The simFlight Network Forums

Can't Register FSUIPC7, Directed Here fFrom Simmarket Support

granathg

I was directed here (for John Dowson) by tech support at simmarket, where I purchased FSUIPC7 for MSFS 2020. I have installed FSUIPC7 and have entered the registration information exactly as shown on the simmarket order acknowledgement page. Registration fails as shown in the screenshot I uploaded to dropbox at the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/FSUIPC Install Problem_2.jpg?role=personal

Simmrket can't duplicate the failure so we're at a dead end there. They sent me to you. Can you give me any direction?

Best Regards, Gary

Can you please attach your screenshot, or, better still, just describe your issue. I cannot access that link.

Presumably you pressed the Register button, no? If not, please re-install and do that.

If you did press the Register button, and it says that your registration wasn't valid, then please ignore and try and start FSUIPC7 to see if it runs.
If it runs ok, then let me know your order number and date of purchase and I will check here.

If it doesn't run, then its almost certainly due to your VC redistributables either being corrupt or not installed. If that's the case, then you need to uninstall and re-install the VC redistributables. There have been MANY posts on this issue already (and also mentioned in the included README.txt, although it doesn't say that this causes a registration failure, but it has been known to do this in a small number of cases). If you have any difficulties, search this forum for similar issues where you will find further details.

John

It's late and I'm tired but I made progress. I found the readme.txt that must be well known now and followed the link to microsoft answers where it says:

----- Uninstall the 2017 version of the C+= Redistributable, if that is installed on your System

The 2017 version is not installed on my system.  Does this mean I have to uninstall my current 2015 version, download the 2015 version from the link below, then find a 2017 version somewhere and install that too?

-----Then from the link below, download and install the 2015 version, then once that is installed, download and install the 2017 version]

-----Then, restart your PC . . .

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/297700...

Best Regards, Gary

I have deleted your post post as it published your registration details. NEVER publish your egistration details on a public forum or your key will be invalidated.

I've sent you a PM. You need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 versions (any and all that you have installed), then install the 2015 + 2017 + 2019 combo package from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

John