The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC7 with Mobiflight WASM module

Helibrewer

The Mobiflight standalone wasm handles events for the G1000, G3000, GNS530, and KAP140 using MOBIFLIGHT_X_X_X event names. I would like to access these mobiflight events using FSUIPC and my X-56 stick and throttle. I cannot find a resource that identifies the event numbers that mobi is using so I cannot setup a custom event for a button. Is there another way to access these event ID's through FSUIPC? The wasm module sits in the Community folder as an add on. It works with Stream Deck though a plugin but all of the event ID's are published.

19 hours ago, Helibrewer said:

Is there another way to access these event ID's through FSUIPC?

You need to know the event ids and assign them as custom events. There is an 'add-on custom events' facility (see p36 of Advanced User Guide), but the event names you mention don't contain a period as mentioned in the documentation. I haven't used that facility up to now, maybe @Pete Dowson can clarify.

Thanks, I created an events file named GNS530.evt and placed it in the installation folder. It just contains two lines for testing:

[Events]
1=MobiFlight.AS530_ENT_Push

When I use the dropdown in "Assignments" -> "Buttons and Switches" the Mobiflight event is not listed. Am I missing a step?

Thanks,

Mike

20 hours ago, Helibrewer said:

Thanks, I created an events file named GNS530.evt and placed it in the installation folder. It just contains two lines for testing:

[Events]
1=MobiFlight.AS530_ENT_Push

When I use the dropdown in "Assignments" -> "Buttons and Switches" the Mobiflight event is not listed. Am I missing a step?

I just tried this and it works - I see the events in the dropdown list (at the beginning):

951995202_Image3.png.52b2a5695dbc10fb218f7f103cbc21fa.png

I've attached the event file I have used (I've just added the first 54 events for the time being):MobiFlight-Events1.evt

John

There seems to be an issue using both event files, in that if you assign to a control provided by one of the files, the event with the same index number in the second file is also triggered. I will investigate, but for the time being please just use one event file containing the events needed.

John

I am a little confused as to what is needed. Is it just a matter of installing the WASM into the community folder and then copying the .evt file into the FSUIPC7 installation folder? Do we still need to install Mobiflight itself?

Sorry for being dumb !

Keith

2 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

I am a little confused as to what is needed. Is it just a matter of installing the WASM into the community folder and then copying the .evt file into the FSUIPC7 installation folder?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

Do we still need to install Mobiflight itself?

You need to install and run it initially, to enable beta updates and to download the WASM module. Once that is done and you have placed the WASM folder in the community folder, you don't need to run Mobiflight anymore.

Just follow the instructions here.

John

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Yes.

You need to install and run it initially, to enable beta updates and to download the WASM module. Once that is done and you have placed the WASM folder in the community folder, you don't need to run Mobiflight anymore.

Just follow the instructions here.

John

Thanks John for clarifying.

I'll try this tomorrow.

Keith

Can you do the same with the spad.next wasm (make een event-file with the spad.next ID's?
You can call the Mobiflight with [Events]
0=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_INC
1=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_DEC
2=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_2_INC
3=MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_2_DEC   etc....

That works, but the spad.next has also the ID's for the A320 Neo and the A320 FBW

How to call the Spad.next ID's ?

0=??????.A320_NEO_MFD_RANGE_1 etc

I have now tried this with FSUIPC7 and it works a treat. Just using evt file No1 at the moment. There are still more functions to add but I am sure they will come. I managed to assign the G1000 map range knob which works fine.

Personally speaking I need it too for the Longitude but patience is a virtue.

Thanks John for the info on installing it. 

Regards

Keith

15 hours ago, MarkStallen said:

Would be so nice if you're able to get this to work. 

It is working, but with restrictions (only use one *.evt file at the moment).

16 hours ago, MarkStallen said:

That works, but the spad.next has also the ID's for the A320 Neo and the A320 FBW

How to call the Spad.next ID's ?

0=??????.A320_NEO_MFD_RANGE_1 etc

Those are lvars, not events, so currently not possible to use.

John

3 minutes ago, roa said:

Where do I find the WASM module? Tried to Download MobiFlight and did an update, but Windows 10 block the update and MobiFlight module just stops working.

Just follow the instructions in the link posted above. If you have issues with Windows Defender (or any other antivirus software) blocking you, then just temporarily disable until you have it installed.

4 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

I see that we can delete events from the .evt file if we don't need them, can we cut and paste events from one .evt file to another? Does that work?

Sure - you can create your own event file just for the events needed. Just make sure that that the events have consecutive index numbers and max of 256 events (0-255) per file.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I think it would be better to create an event file for each device (e.g. G1000.evt, G3000.evt, etc), and then just add the ones for the systems you use. I guess I could also look into making the [EventFiles] ini section profile specific if different event files will be used for different profiles.

And make sure that you do this before you assign to the events, or changing event files when you already have assignments will make previous assignments invalid.

John

Can these mobiflight events implemented in the wasm module also be "reach" via standard SimConnect Events?

What is the protocol or methods used to access and trigger any of these new event from a SImConnect Client?

6 minutes ago, roa said:

Can these mobiflight events implemented in the wasm module also be "reach" via standard SimConnect Events?

What is the protocol or methods used to access and trigger any of these new event from a SImConnect Client?

So, not using FSUIPC but SimConnect directly? You can use them as any other client event by registering them using the SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent function, using IDs in the appropriate custom event range.

John