The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC7 with Mobiflight WASM module

Helibrewer

13 hours ago, roa said:

There are still several G1000 buttons not listed in the Events list, i.e. all the button on PDF from AP-- to-- FLC.

Anyone knows if the WASM is open source so we can add in these missing events, if possible?

Sounds like a question for MobiFlight. Someone asked the same question on the Asobo forums, but I haven't seen a response,  so far.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, andhog said:

Anyone tried the WorkingTitle HEvents? I made a WASM module to expose them as described here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/demo-lvar-write-access-for-any-aircraft-control/353443

Made an evt file with the events but I haven't been able to make it work in FSUIPC.

I am looking into providing an WASM module to handle lvars at the moment. I will also add access to the h variables, but at a later stage.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I am looking into providing an WASM module to handle lvars at the moment. I will also add access to the h variables, but at a later stage.

John

I see. I was under the impression that all it took was a WASM module and an evt file, just like with the Mobiflight module. But I have to admit that even though I have a fair amount of programming experience my knowledge about these particular things is very limited.

33 minutes ago, andhog said:

I see. I was under the impression that all it took was a WASM module and an evt file, just like with the Mobiflight module.

I think, but am not sure, that the MobiFlight module gets the events through via SimConnect.
For events that are handled in the gauge key event handler, it seems that you need to match the string name when you register the simconnect event to that used in the WASM module, e.g.
    hr = SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent(hSimConnect, EVENT_MFD_MODE_1, "#0x11000");

So the event string (in the event file) you need to use would be "#0x11000". However, you cannot use this with FSUIPC as the custom event strings must contain a period (.), e.g. MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_INC, so not sure at the moment if this is possible. Maybe its possible to use something like "MyWASMNAME.#0x11000", where MyWASMNAME is taken from the WASM manifest (maybe the "creator" attribute?)...

Anyway, I'm looking into this at the moment. I will be providing a WASM module to handle lvars (and also hvars, but later) thats integrated into FSUIPC and allows you to specify which lvars you want to use (via files) and then be able to use these (get/set) in FSUIPC as before, but also with an additional control that allows you to set any lvar.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I think, but am not sure, that the MobiFlight module gets the events through via SimConnect.
For events that are handled in the gauge key event handler, it seems that you need to match the string name when you register the simconnect event to that used in the WASM module, e.g.
    hr = SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent(hSimConnect, EVENT_MFD_MODE_1, "#0x11000");

So the event string (in the event file) you need to use would be "#0x11000". However, you cannot use this with FSUIPC as the custom event strings must contain a period (.), e.g. MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_INC, so not sure at the moment if this is possible. Maybe its possible to use something like "MyWASMNAME.#0x11000", where MyWASMNAME is taken from the WASM manifest (maybe the "creator" attribute?)...

Anyway, I'm looking into this at the moment. I will be providing a WASM module to handle lvars (and also hvars, but later) thats integrated into FSUIPC and allows you to specify which lvars you want to use (via files) and then be able to use these (get/set) in FSUIPC as before, but also with an additional control that allows you to set any lvar.

John

Thank you for clearing that out! Much appreciated.

Is it possible to see the mobiflight event triggered in the console-log when I trigger them via the simulator screen? If I press a control on the screen and it has a common FSUIPC event then it shows up in the console, but if I press a control on the screen with a working mobiflight-event nothing shows up in the console, only if I trigger them via FSUIPC (vrinsight-panel) itself.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:03 AM, MarkStallen said:

Is it possible to see the mobiflight event triggered in the console-log when I trigger them via the simulator screen? If I press a control on the screen and it has a common FSUIPC event then it shows up in the console, but if I press a control on the screen with a working mobiflight-event nothing shows up in the console, only if I trigger them via FSUIPC (vrinsight-panel) itself.

That does sound strange. If the event is triggered (regardless of from where), it should be logged. Maybe an issue with custom controls and the SDK. I'll check this at some point, but FSUIPC can only log the events that it receives via the SDK.
I will look into this at some point, but this may take a while (I'm trying to do just basic support at the moment, so I can concentrate on development...), post again if this is an issue and I may investigate further, but would prefer to delay this type of issue for the time being).

John 

After  a thousand tries I've the APPR and LOC -mode on the A320NX FBW working. My fsuipc.ini :

For the LOC-Mode :

63=B0800=1 P258,1,C32785,0     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_LOC_MODE}-
64=B0800=0 P258,1,C32785,1     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_LOC_MODE}-
65=B0800=1 U258,1,C32785,0     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_LOC_MODE}-
66=B0800=0 U258,1,C32785,1     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_LOC_MODE}-
67=P258,1,C65723,0     -{AP_LOC_HOLD}-
68=U258,1,C65723,0     -{AP_LOC_HOLD}-
69=B07FC=1 P258,1,Cx010007FC,x00     -{offset byte set, offset 07FC}-
70=B07FC=1 U258,1,Cx010007FC,x00     -{offset byte set, offset 07FC}-

For the APPR-mode:

245=B07FC=0 P257,5,C65806,0     -{AP_APR_HOLD_ON}-
246=B07FC=0 P257,5,C32786,1     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_APPR_MODE}-
247=B07FC=1 P257,5,C65813,0     -{AP_LOC_HOLD_OFF}-
249=B07FC=1 P257,5,C32786,0     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_APPR_MODE}-
250=B07FC=0 U257,5,C65806,0     -{AP_APR_HOLD_ON}-
251=B07FC=0 U257,5,C32786,1     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_APPR_MODE}-
253=B07FC=1 U257,5,C65813,0     -{AP_LOC_HOLD_OFF}-
254=B07FC=1 U257,5,C32786,0     -{:MobiFlight.A320NX_AUTOPILOT_APPR_MODE}-
255=B07FC=1 P257,5,Cx010007FC,x00     -{offset byte set, offset 07FC}-

The messages on the PFD and the intercepts are working as advertized. Only on the screen the lights of the buttons won't come on or off. (other separate offsets?)

Hiya - I'm also suffering from the issue that the .evt file does not appear to be recognized by FSUIPC. I'm using version 7.0.5 atm, and have pasted one of the evt files (containing the g1000/g3000 commands) to the installation folder, however when trying to assign a button function, the custom events do not show up. Am I missing any steps?

57 minutes ago, Psistorm said:

I'm also suffering from the issue that the .evt file does not appear to be recognized by FSUIPC.

'Also' -  Who else has this problem?

Did you add the file when FSUIPC7 was already running? If so, you need to restart FSUIPC7 for the file to be picked-up.

Can you also check your FSUIPC7.ini file - the event files found in your installation folder are listed under [EventFiles]. Check to see if they are listed there.

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

'Also' -  Who else has this problem?

Did you add the file when FSUIPC7 was already running? If so, you need to restart FSUIPC7 for the file to be picked-up.

Can you also check your FSUIPC7.ini file - the event files found in your installation folder are listed under [EventFiles]. Check to see if they are listed there.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I thought I saw someone else with the issue earlier in the topic, but might have been resolved. The .ini file indeed does not list the file, nor have the [EventFiles] section in it. I tried adding it, though I don't seem to quite get the syntax right. Assuming a file called "G1000Events.evt" - what should the line for it look like?

Edit: And yes, FSUIPC was not running when I pasted the file, but seems to refuse picking it up

Edited by Psistorm

9 hours ago, Psistorm said:

I tried adding it, though I don't seem to quite get the syntax right. Assuming a file called "G1000Events.evt" - what should the line for it look like?

You can't add this manually - it is an automatically generated section. If its in the correct folder, I can't see how it can't be found. Can you attach your FSUIPC7.log, FSUIPC7.ini and also the G1000Events.evt  event file you are using.

At the bottom of my ini file I have the following.....

[EventFiles]

0=Mobiflight-Events2

1=Mobiflight-Events1

You only need one of these two lines if you are only using one of the EVT files from Mobiflight. I assume also that you have installed the Mobiflight WASM folder in the community folder.

Hope this helps and sorry for butting in John! I thought that you may be busy

Regards

Keith

Thanks for the input. I've tried adding the following:

[EventFiles]

0=G1000Events

But sadly to no avail. It's also one of the mobiflight evt files just renamed, since I plan on eventually culling unused commands, though for the time being it's the file as downloaded from this thread. Also just to cover all bases, my process is to open the buttons and switches menu, press a button on the panel I'm trying to configure. I check "select for FS control" and open the "control sent when button pressed" dropdown, though the mobiflight events do not list as expected.

Also here's a screenshot of my FSUIPC folder: https://gyazo.com/283c5eeae11df376255e2e611cd0e51e

2 minutes ago, Psistorm said:

I've tried adding the following:

[EventFiles]

0=G1000Events

For the final time DO NOT edit or change that section. FSUIPC writes that automatically depending upon what it finds in your installation folder. If it isn't there, FSUIPC hasn't found it. You CAN NOT MANUALLY ADD THIS.

3 minutes ago, Psistorm said:

But sadly to no avail.

Of course. No surprises there.

4 minutes ago, Psistorm said:

It's also one of the mobiflight evt files just renamed, since I plan on eventually culling unused commands, though for the time being it's the file as downloaded from this thread. Also just to cover all bases, my process is to open the buttons and switches menu, press a button on the panel I'm trying to configure. I check "select for FS control" and open the "control sent when button pressed" dropdown, though the mobiflight events do not list as expected.

It won't be there as long as the file isn't being recognised, and when it is it will be added to your ini file, automatically.

7 minutes ago, Psistorm said:

Also here's a screenshot of my FSUIPC folder: https://gyazo.com/283c5eeae11df376255e2e611cd0e51e

Ok - that shows that you have the extensions for know file types hidden. How can you tell that your event file has the .evt extension and not a .txt extension?
Please configure your windows explorer to show the extension types (instructions at the end of the Installation and Registration guide if needed), then check the file name is correct.

Ah, looks like there's my facepalm moment. I definitely missed that requirement, I will conduct a test right away!

And yes, that did fix it. Apologies for missing out on that, I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, and thank you for your help, I'm now able to configure everything accordingly!

1 minute ago, Psistorm said:

Ah, looks like there's my facepalm moment. I definitely missed that requirement, I will conduct a test right away!

And yes, that did fix it. Apologies for missing out on that, I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, and thank you for your help, I'm now able to configure everything accordingly!

Well done. 👍