The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC7 with Mobiflight WASM module

28 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

I doubt that it would recognise evt files that have had their names changed unless the WASM is changed too. I would stick to the original file name.

Event file names are independent of the WASM - its only the names of the events in the file that depend on the WASM.
His problem was that MSFs wasn't running, and event files are only loaded once FSUIPC is connected yo MSFS.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John,   It all works!! Flipping wonderful, you sir are a genius.  Now to give Mobiflight some love.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Event file names are independent of the WASM - its only the names of the events in the file that depend on the WASM.
His problem was that MSFs wasn't running, and event files are only loaded once FSUIPC is connected yo MSFS.

Yep , I doubted myself as soon as I wrote it !

You can get the list of MobiFlight events from MobiFlight and create your own file. You can use the ones I posted earlier, but they are quite old by now and so probably not complete. Here they are again, but you are better off either creating your own or maybe someone else will post some files with the later events included: MB1.evtMB2.evt

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 8:43 AM, John Dowson said:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I think it would be better to create an event file for each device (e.g. G1000.evt, G3000.evt, etc), and then just add the ones for the systems you use. I guess I could also look into making the [EventFiles] ini section profile specific if different event files will be used for different profiles.

Hi John, Just a follow up... So am I understanding correctly that I should not have both MobiFlight event files in the FSUIPC folder? Is there a reason you are suggesting to swap these files in an out depending on the equipment in each plane. I have both in the FSUIPC folder right now and events from both files all seem to be available to me which assigning keys or buttons. Am I just lucky that everything seems to be working?

Also, what would be your suggested workflow as far as swapping these files as I go from one plane to another? Thanks for addressing all me dumb questions!

Best Regards,

Scott

13 hours ago, sep23 said:

Hi John, Just a follow up... So am I understanding correctly that I should not have both MobiFlight event files in the FSUIPC folder? Is there a reason you are suggesting to swap these files in an out depending on the equipment in each plane. I have both in the FSUIPC folder right now and events from both files all seem to be available to me which assigning keys or buttons. Am I just lucky that everything seems to be working?

You can use as many event files as you need. I was just thinking that you could split the events into different files, so AS1000 events in one file, AS3000 in another,  etc.  Then, if using something like SimStarter, you could just load the files for the events needed for the loaded aircraft.

However, there is no issue having all events available for every aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/2/2021 at 7:09 AM, John Dowson said:

I think, but am not sure, that the MobiFlight module gets the events through via SimConnect.
For events that are handled in the gauge key event handler, it seems that you need to match the string name when you register the simconnect event to that used in the WASM module, e.g.
    hr = SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent(hSimConnect, EVENT_MFD_MODE_1, "#0x11000");

So the event string (in the event file) you need to use would be "#0x11000". However, you cannot use this with FSUIPC as the custom event strings must contain a period (.), e.g. MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_VOL_1_INC, so not sure at the moment if this is possible. Maybe its possible to use something like "MyWASMNAME.#0x11000", where MyWASMNAME is taken from the WASM manifest (maybe the "creator" attribute?)...

Anyway, I'm looking into this at the moment. I will be providing a WASM module to handle lvars (and also hvars, but later) thats integrated into FSUIPC and allows you to specify which lvars you want to use (via files) and then be able to use these (get/set) in FSUIPC as before, but also with an additional control that allows you to set any lvar.

John

hello John Dowson, did you check out the functionality of WASM by calling straight through events in C #?