The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Reverse Thrust Toggle

ptimale

1 hour ago, ptimale said:

A320NX FBW

Throttle Reverse Thrust Toggle no longer works

it is normal or it comes from my configuration

What has changed? Can you try with the vanilla A320Neo to see if it works there, and if so you need to report to FBW.
I don't have much time today but I can check tomorrow.

John

2 hours ago, ptimale said:

well I spoke too quickly it works but strangely
I have to push the throttle fully and then switch the button

before I flipped my button then I pushed the engine
really not easy

Is this after the latest Asobo update? I've not looked at this yet, but I'll take a look shortly...

John

19 hours ago, John Dowson said:
22 hours ago, ptimale said:

well I spoke too quickly it works but strangely
I have to push the throttle fully and then switch the button

before I flipped my button then I pushed the engine
really not easy

Is this after the latest Asobo update? I've not looked at this yet, but I'll take a look shortly...

Yes - I get the same behavior. For me, it only goes into reverse thrust if I toggle when I have some forward thrust applied, but then any movement reverts back to forward thrust.

I will report this to Asobo.

John

• 10 months later...
21 hours ago, Psharp1988 said:

I am getting this same problem after sim update 7 in the A320neo. Was there a solution to this 

This looks like an old issue that hasn't been fixed, but maybe there is a different may to activate reverse thrust now in the A320 (and A320nei).
I'm pretty busy at the moment but will take another look at this later this week and report back.

John

On 11/20/2021 at 4:45 PM, Psharp1988 said:

I am getting this same problem after sim update 7 in the A320neo. Was there a solution to this 

For the stable A320neo, the MobiFlight hubhop preset list has this calculator code and comment for the A32NX THROTTLE FULL REVERSE BUTTON preset:
    (A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1,percent) -0.1 < if{ -9830 } els{ -16383 } (>K:THROTTLE_SET)
    Intended for a button press.  It will toggle throttle between full reverse and idle.  If throttle lever is anywhere idle or above button press will activate full        reverse.  Pressing again will cancel reverse and go to idle.

This doesn't seem to be available in the dev version. If using that, maybe ask about this on the MobiFlight discord channel.

John

On 11/24/2021 at 1:09 PM, John Dowson said:

For the stable A320neo, the MobiFlight hubhop preset list has this calculator code and comment for the A32NX THROTTLE FULL REVERSE BUTTON preset:
    (A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1,percent) -0.1 < if{ -9830 } els{ -16383 } (>K:THROTTLE_SET)
    Intended for a button press.  It will toggle throttle between full reverse and idle.  If throttle lever is anywhere idle or above button press will activate full        reverse.  Pressing again will cancel reverse and go to idle.

This doesn't seem to be available in the dev version. If using that, maybe ask about this on the MobiFlight discord channel.

John

Thanks John

• 1 month later...