The simFlight Network Forums

Can no longer configure key stroke to my buttons with PFCcom64

16 hours ago, nantelp said:

I have one more question, is it normal that in the log see picture, I can see the exact command when I use my trim bottom on my yoke or the left front bottom that is assign to AP & AT disconnect. But when I hit the bottom I have define to be the <del> key, I am not seeing the <del> transmit but rather the <null>?

It doesn't look right, no. But I can't investigate today.

The main question, though, is it sending Null or Del?  i.e. is it working, as I thought you'd confirmed?

On 1/14/2021 at 2:10 PM, nantelp said:

I guess it ok for the reset bottom to stay there?

The reset button is there to clear the existing key assignment so you can choose what you want to do again.

Pete

Once again thanks,

Yes the assignment of a key seems to be working in the PFCcom64.dll. But when I hit the bottom in P3D to activate Push to talk in MCE (vr software) nothing happens, so I am wondering if the dll is sending or issuing a <del>. That's why I check the log of the dll.  

So I know that the hard coded bottom, such as AP, electric trim up & down works and I see them in the dll log and in action in P3D. 

There is no rush.

Pierre

19 hours ago, nantelp said:

Yes the assignment of a key seems to be working in the PFCcom64.dll. But when I hit the bottom in P3D to activate Push to talk in MCE (vr software) nothing happens, so I am wondering if the dll is sending or issuing a <del>. That's why I check the log of the dll. 

Okay, I'll check it here in the next day or so.

BTW, isn't this something you've used before? Do you successfully use other keystrokes assigned in the same way? If it turns out the DEL isn't a usable keypress can you change the assignment for the PTT?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have been using this since about 5 years, I have stop using those software's since about a year now. I re-installed them a month ago. But it did work find for a long period of time. This is the only key I need to setup in PFCcom64. I  do not assign any other keystrokes. 

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

f it turns out the DEL isn't a usable keypress can you change the assignment for the PTT?

I can also use the <end> key, I have tried to configure it in PFC and I get the same result in the log screen a <null>.

Pierre

On 1/17/2021 at 2:06 PM, nantelp said:

I have been using this since about 5 years

And did it work, sending DEL, for all that time? I've compared the code for key assignments between the older 32-bit version and this 64-bit version (assuming that's what you've changed) and it doesn't appear any different.

It could take me several days to get to the bottom of this, because the only PFC equipment i have is built into my immovable cockpit in another room. I'm going to have to set up some remote debugging facilities to see what is wrong, then wait till my wife is free to sit in the cockpit and press the button when I shout up to her.)it's upstairs in a spare bedroom).

Two things you could look at for me, to help, please. Try assigning something more ordinary, like a letter key. I know you can't use it for PTT, but just see than what is logged.

Another thing to try is assigning to the button in FSUIPC instead. I think that is possible (but i'll verify tomorrow).

Finally, instead of assigning directly to a keypress you could try assigning to the FSUIPC control (in the drop down list) called "Key press and release", with a parameter of 46 (the keycode of Del).

Pete

43 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

And did it work, sending DEL, for all that time?

Yes it did work perfectly.

I am sorry to cause all that trouble, 

46 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Try assigning something more ordinary, like a letter key. I know you can't use it for PTT, but just see than what is logged.

I have assign the letter A and I get the same result in the log screen a (null). I also did another test, I assigned the bottom to the P keys for pause the sim. If I hit the yoke bottom, nothing happens both if I hit the P on the keyboard the sim goes to Pause. So it seem that the Dll is transmitting the key.

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Another thing to try is assigning to the button in FSUIPC instead. I think that is possible (but i'll verify tomorrow).

I will try that tonight

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

try assigning to the FSUIPC control (in the drop down list) called "Key press and release",

I will try to do that test, not sure if I understand what I need to do?

Pierre

Hi Pete,

Your wife will be happy ☺️, I manage to get it to work using the FSUIPC "Buttons & Switch" menu. I have it working with the <end> key configure to my yoke button.

I still think there is a issue with the PFCcom64.dll, not sure if it does transmit the key. 

But I am more then happy to work with FSUIPC instead.

Pierre

4 hours ago, nantelp said:

I also did another test, I assigned the bottom to the P keys for pause the sim. If I hit the yoke bottom, nothing happens both if I hit the P on the keyboard the sim goes to Pause. So it seem that the Dll is transmitting the key.

That makes no sense, unless you meant to write "it seems that the DLL is not transmitting the key"?

4 hours ago, nantelp said:

I will try to do that test, not sure if I understand what I need to do?

There's a drop down list of controls you can assign to, other than the selection for Key Press.

However, it occurs to me now that the list may only contain true Sim controls, not the added ones from FSUIPC. i'll need to check that too.

19 minutes ago, nantelp said:

Your wife will be happy ☺️, I manage to get it to work using the FSUIPC "Buttons & Switch" menu. I have it working with the <end> key configure to my yoke button.

Ah, good. Actually that is the way I use the DLL. Not only the buttons but my axes too.

20 minutes ago, nantelp said:

I still think there is a issue with the PFCcom64.dll, not sure if it does transmit the key. 

It certainly seems that it doesn't (it probably transmits that 'nul'). The assignment, though saved in the INI file, is getting lost internally somewhere. I'll try and figure it out, but at least it doesn't have the previous urgency now. Thanks.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

That makes no sense, unless you meant to write "it seems that the DLL is not transmitting the key"?

Yes I forgot the NOT. 

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Ah, good. Actually that is the way I use the DLL. Not only the buttons but my axes too.

I use FSUIPC for almost everything, this way I can configure the cirrus for plane with yoke and my joystick for plane with a stick.  But I found that PFCcom64 does a great  job for my different quadrants and for  AP, electric trim up & down. 

If you need me to do any more testing do not hesitate to ask. 

Pierre