The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.976 - existing v. 4 key does not work with the new version

I just downloaded and installed v. 4.976 for FSX. The installation went fine, but when I tried registering with my existing key registration terminates with code 10. When I copy and paste the key instead I am told it is not a valid 12-character code and registration terminates with code 64. The key IS 12 characters....

Thanks -

Jorgen

There is an issue with registration in the 4.976 installer and this has now been withdrawn. Please download and install  Install FSUIPC4.975b .

Also, see this note in the Download Links -> Updated Modules section:

There is also an update to fix a crash caused by a spurious XBox 360 controller entry being added to the registry when in fact no controllers are connected at all. This seems to be occurring with the latest versions of Windows 10 on the Surface Pro, in particular, but may occur on other systems. To fix this please download FSUIPC4976.zip and copy the DLL within into your FSX\Modules folder.

John

1 hour ago, JorgenSA said:

I just downloaded and installed v. 4.976 for FSX. The installation went fine, but when I tried registering with my existing key registration terminates with code 10. When I copy and paste the key instead I am told it is not a valid 12-character code and registration terminates with code 64. The key IS 12 characters....

There is a problem with the Installer at present which we are working on. If you were already registered you need not have entered details again. If you no longer have an FSUIPC4.KEY file with your registration, please create your own registration file in Notepad, to look like this:

[User]
Name=
Address=
FSUIPC=

Complete all three lines with the exact details. Then save it as FSUIPC4.KEY into the FSX or P3D Modules folder. Run the Sim and check in the FSUIPC menu entry that it confirms you are properly registered. If not then you've made a mistake, so please try the above again. If still a problem, send that file to me in a PM. Do not post it here!

Pete

39 minutes ago, JorgenSA said:

I ran FSX this morning, and looked under Add-ons in the menu bar. Here FSUIPC showed up as registered.

There is no problem the registration validation in FSUIPC4, its only an issue in the FSUIPC4 installer. Therefore we have temporarily removed validation of the key from the installer, the installer will still generate a key file and this is validated by FSUIPC4 when ran.