Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Virpil joysticks / throttle box?


Recommended Posts

Does FSUIPC support the full functionalities of Virpil joysticks / throttle box?  I just purchased the devices from Virpil and am having issues with MSFS 2020 acknowledging the full range of throttle up / throttle down motion set up within the Verpil's proprietary software; this is probably due to the current lack of full support by MS 2020 of Virpil's hardware 'out of the box'.  I was able to input all entries, except for the full functionality of the throttle, which jumps from idle to full RPMs and does not allow the gradual progression of the engine power, while in game, although throttle calibration looks correct and complete in the Virpil's software interface.

If the answer to the question above is 'Yes', can I just limit the use of the MSUIPC software to creating the 'logical' axis for the throttle, or do I need to link / bind all of my joystick's and throttle's buttons, axes and switches to MSUIPC?  And will using MSUIPC supersede Virpil's software already installed on my PC automatically, or will this create inconsistencies / overlaps?

Finally does use of FSUIPC affect the FPS in the simulation?

I was not able to find any post on this specific issue in this forum....   I appreciate any feedback / reply.

Thank you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Centauro_12 said:

Does FSUIPC support the full functionalities of Virpil joysticks / throttle box? 

Sorry, I've no idea. FSUIPC recognises HID joystick type devices directly. If its another type of HID device, then it may be possible to use via lua but not directly.

5 hours ago, Centauro_12 said:

I was able to input all entries, except for the full functionality of the throttle, which jumps from idle to full RPMs and does not allow the gradual progression of the engine power, while in game, although throttle calibration looks correct and complete in the Virpil's software interface.

Jumping from zero to full is usually a sign that the device/axis is registered as digital (on/off) rather than analogue. The following post may help - its for saitek devices but the same procedure should work for other devices (using the appropriate vendor and product ids): 

 

5 hours ago, Centauro_12 said:

can I just limit the use of the MSUIPC software to creating the 'logical' axis for the throttle, or do I need to link / bind all of my joystick's and throttle's buttons, axes and switches to MSUIPC?  And will using MSUIPC supersede Virpil's software already installed on my PC automatically, or will this create inconsistencies / overlaps?

MSUIPC? Its FSUIPC!

You can mix and match assignments in MSFS/FSUIPC7 as you wish, but just make sure that you don't assign in  multiple places. Usually, we recommend creating an empty profile in MSFS if assigning in FSUIPC, at least to start with.
As for the Virpil software, I don't know. We usually recommend not installing any drivers or software, and to use the windows default drivers. However, some devices may need the provided drivers if the device is not recognised by windows without. Maybe try without and as as needed.

5 hours ago, Centauro_12 said:

Finally does use of FSUIPC affect the FPS in the simulation?

Anything running on your PC is going to consume resources, but FSUIPC should adversely affect your FPS that much, if at all.

John

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.