The simFlight Network Forums

New PC fsuipc not detect the old bodnar assisgnement

hello pete and john,
i have this problem from ever before from fsuipc 4 and 5 and now also 6 and i never understood how to solve.
when changing a new pc I reinstaqllo prepar from scratch and install fsuipc again. I bring all my settings to fsuipc from the old file.
I note that bodnar is detected in the same way by fsuipc6 as well
The problem is that not all the assignments are detected so I have to start from scratch to reassign all the axes buttons etc ....
but isn't there a way to reassign everything automatically?

thank you
Simone

48 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

The problem is that not all the assignments are detected so I have to start from scratch to reassign all the axes buttons etc ....
but isn't there a way to reassign everything automatically?

Without knowing anything about your settings it is difficult to advise, but some things to note:

1. Changing PCs changes the unique GUID identifications for all your devices. Even a serious Windows update will do trhat, let alone a change of PC.

2. Assignments made to joystick NUMBERS are less easy to change than those to letters. With joy letters in use it would be easy enough to compare a few lines (in the [JoyNames] section of the INI file) and assign the same letters in the new setup. We can help with that but would need to see both old and new INI files.

Either way we cant help without seeing those files.

Pete