The simFlight Network Forums

Additional offsets confirmed OK (compared to v0.14)

Djeez

I can confirm that the following offsets work correctly for both reading and writing, in addition to the list in offsetStatus-v0.14.ods. Tested on the Asobo C172.

• 0x0BC8, parking brake

• 0x0892, starter switch engine 1

• 0x3101, alternator

• 0x3102, master battery

• 0x3103, avionics master. This seems to control both Bus 1 and Bus 2 avionics. I have not found a way to control them independently.

• 0x3104, fuel pump

• 0x029B, alternate static air source

• 0x0AF8, fuel tank selector 1

• 0x029C, pitot heat

Hope this helps to improve the documentation.

Regards,

-Emile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Djeez said:
  • 0x3103, avionics master. This seems to control both Bus 1 and Bus 2 avionics. I have not found a way to control them independently.

•  

Controls Avionics Master 1/2 Set were added for this back in October 2020 - see 

Edited by John Dowson
link corrected

57 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Controls Avionics Master 1/2 Set were added for this back in October 2020 

Thanks for the info, but I would also need an offset to read the switch state in my lua script.

Regards,

-Emile.

15 hours ago, Djeez said:

Thanks for the info, but I would also need an offset to read the switch state in my lua script.

I could add to a new offset if you like. I can't really update the functionality of existing offset 0x3103, but I could add a new offset that would be read/write and accept flags 0x1 for avionics master 1 and 0x2 for avionics master 2 (and so a value of 0x3 would indicate/set both master avionics). Let me know if this is useful and I can add for you to test.

John

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I could add to a new offset if you like. I can't really update the functionality of existing offset 0x3103, but I could add a new offset that would be read/write and accept flags 0x1 for avionics master 1 and 0x2 for avionics master 2 (and so a value of 0x3 would indicate/set both master avionics). Let me know if this is useful and I can add for you to test.

I would appreciate that and I can test it for you.

-Emile.

2 minutes ago, Djeez said:

I would appreciate that and I can test it for you.

Ok, I will add and post again here for you to test. Quite busy at the moment (well, always!), so it may take me a few days to get around to this.

Also, this offset would come with some warnings, as I don't think the initial state of the individual avionics can be determined (but I will check). If this is the case, the offsets could show the incorrect values on occasion (e.g. starting FSUIPC when MSFS already running and, say,  master avionics 1 set on and 2 off) but should revert to the correct state once used. I'll know more and let you know the details once implemented.

John

@Djeez Could you try the following version please, v7.0.5d. In this, I have added a 1 byte offset at 0x029E. This is a bit oriented flag, so a value of 0x1 will indicate Avionics master 1 is on, 0x2 that master avionics 2 is on, and 0x3 indicates both avionics are on. Similarly, writing 0x1 will turn avionics 1 on and avionics 2 off (if on),  0x2 will turn avionics 2 on (and 1 off, if on), 0x3 will turn both avionics on, and 0x0 will turn both off.

As there is no sim variable for this, the initial state cannot be determined, so its probably best to sync this by sending each control (avionic 1 & 2 set off - maybe) on start-up.

Anyway, please try this and let me know how it works for you. I've tested via direct assignments but not using lua.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

Edited by John Dowson
attachment updated

On 1/27/2021 at 6:55 PM, John Dowson said:

Anyway, please try this and let me know how it works for you. I've tested via direct assignments but not using lua.

Hi John,

I tested 7.0.5d using a Lua script on the Asobo C172 and it works exactly as you described, reading and writing. Thanks.

However.

The fact that the offset does not reflect the actual plane state does not help me. Now it only indicates my last action and I could keep that information just as easily in my Lua script. I understand that because of the missing Sim variable the solution is not possible without SDK extension. Would it help if I put in a request to the MSFS Zendesk to ask for such a Sim variable?

If you decide to keep the offset then please document clearly that it does not reflect the actual plane state but the last write action to the offset.

Regards,

-Emile.

Hi Emile,

I won't be adding these offsets for the time being.
Apart from there not being any sim vars available for this, when you activate the switches in the UI you don't see the master avionics 1/2 events, but various other events (i.e. ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE & LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_SET). And thats just for the C172 - may be different in other a/c with dual avionics switches.

Probably best to wait for lvar functionality for this, and to see if any lvars are available that hold the state of the 1/2 avionics switches.

John