The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS Error 740 (Solved)

burdman

Hello,

I installed FSUIPC7 this morning and this error has me stuck. I'm using Prosim System with the Prosim MSFS flight model. The log says can't run Prosim.exe due to error 740. I believe this error is do to with 'Elevated' Control Authorization. Prosim Audio on the same path loads immediately.  With FSUIPC5/P3Dv4.5 and Prosim there's never been an issue with the IfReady command running Prosim.exe. I've been playing around all day and can't seem to find a solution. Prosim.exe is set to run as administrator. I have also ran FSUIP7 as administrator. Paths to Prosim.exe are shared.  Enclosing my ini and the log in hopes someone has a solution.

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

Edited by burdman
Added (Solved) to the Topic

Yes, 740 indicates there is a permissions mismatch somewhere. Check that both FSUIPC7 an Prosim are running with admin privileges. Are you using MSFS to start  FSUIPC7?  If so, you may have to run MSFS with admin privileges (I'm not sure). What happens if you start FSUIPC7 manually before you start MSFS?

Hi John,

I'm using the FSUIPC7 desktop Icon to start MSFS. I right click on the FSUIPC7 Icon and select the option "Run as Administrator" MSFS starts to load. Then after loading is complete I click on the first yellow  (Fly Now) button, there is a ding and Prosim Audio immediately loads. Prosim.exe doesn't load and there is no error message other than what is seen in the log. I have Prosim.exe set to run as administrator under the Compatibility Tab.

Is there a way to set FSUIPC7 to always run as administrator as I did with Prosim.exe?  

I'll also check to make sure MSFS is running without privileges'.

4 minutes ago, burdman said:

I'm using the FSUIPC7 desktop Icon to start MSFS. I right click on the FSUIPC7 Icon and select the option "Run as Administrator" MSFS starts to load.

But are you using the MSFS EXE.xml to start FSUIPC7 (latest method), or the older batch script that starts MSFS and then starts FSUIPC7?

6 minutes ago, burdman said:

Is there a way to set FSUIPC7 to always run as administrator as I did with Prosim.exe?  

Yes - select the FSUIPC7.exe file, right-click and select Properties..., go to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as administrator. I thought you had done this already...

8 minutes ago, burdman said:

I'll also check to make sure MSFS is running without privileges'.

I'm not sure, but if MSFS is starting FSUIPC7 with admin privileges, then I think MSFS must also be ran with the same. You can either try this (i.e. all started as administrator), or also try  removing the autostart of FSUIPC7 with MSFS via the EXE.xml, and either start manually or go back to the old method using the *.bat file.

5 minutes ago, burdman said:

Yes, just right click on the FSUIPC7.EXE and in Properties-Compatibility, select run as administrator.

However, I don't understand why ProSIm needs to be run as administrator. Is this specifically with MSFS? What happens if you don't set it to run that way?

I use ProsimB738 v3 with P3D5.1. With multiple views to fill my 210 degree FOV screen there's no way yest for me to use MSFS.

Pete

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

But are you using the MSFS EXE.xml to start FSUIPC7 (latest method), or the older batch script that starts MSFS and then starts FSUIPC7?

Yes - select the FSUIPC7.exe file, right-click and select Properties..., go to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as administrator. I thought you had done this already...

I'm not sure, but if MSFS is starting FSUIPC7 with admin privileges, then I think MSFS must also be ran with the same. You can either try this (i.e. all started as administrator), or also try  removing the autostart of FSUIPC7 with MSFS via the EXE.xml, and either start manually or go back to the old method using the *.bat file.

Hi,

I believe I am using the batch script. When I installed FSUIPC7 it placed an Icon on my desktop. I use this Icon to start MSFS. Surely, right clicking on the Icon and selecting 'Run as Administrator' should mean it will run as Administrator?  Anyways, I will look in the FSUIPC7 Folder under C fore the FSUIUPC.exe and set it to run as Administrator as right clicking on the ICON does not bring up a 'Properties' window.

I will get right back to you after I find and give the exe administrator rights and run the sim.

13 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, just right click on the FSUIPC7.EXE and in Properties-Compatibility, select run as administrator.

However, I don't understand why ProSIm needs to be run as administrator. Is this specifically with MSFS? What happens if you don't set it to run that way?

I use ProsimB738 v3 with P3D5.1. With multiple views to fill my 210 degree FOV screen there's no way yest for me to use MSFS.

Pete

Hi John,

I have no problems with P3Dv4.5 either. This is specifically with MSFS. I will try running with Prosim not set to Run as Administrator and see if it makes a difference. I'm sure it's something simple as others have it working fine.

13 minutes ago, burdman said:

I have no problems with P3Dv4.5 either. This is specifically with MSFS.

The difference is, of course, that FSUIPC5/6 runs in a dll inside the P3D process, and so shares the same privilege level. FSUIPC7 is an executable, and so behaves differently in this respect. And it probably depends on hoe FSUIPC7 is started, either manually or via MSFSs EXE.xml.

Hi Guys,

I got it working, but not with the ICON.

If I manually run the FSUIPC7.exe first and then run MSFS, then after MSFS finishes what it needs to do and I click on 'FLY',  FSUIPC7 will then load Prosim Audio and Prosim System. This is good enough for me. I'll make a shortcut on my desktop for the FSUIPC7.exe and use that.  Using the Icon batch file was a nice idea and I wished it would work for me.

Thanks much for your help in this matter.

Ed B.

8 minutes ago, burdman said:

If I manually run the FSUIPC7.exe first and then run MSFS, then after MSFS finishes what it needs to do and I click on 'FLY',  FSUIPC7 will then load Prosim Audio and Prosim System. This is good enough for me. I'll make a shortcut on my desktop for the FSUIPC7.exe and use that.  Using the Icon batch file was a nice idea and I wished it would work for me.

But you can still try with this. If, when you install FSUIPC7, do not check the component 'Auto-start with MSFS', so the EXE.xml is not updated to start FSUIPC7.
Then, if you go to your installation folder and open the MSFS.bat, you can uncomment these lines (i.e. removed the colons marked in red/bold):

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
::timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

:: start FSUIPC7
::start "" "INSTDIR\FSUIPC7.exe"

Then, change INSTDIR to your FSUIPC7 installation folder.

1 minute ago, burdman said:

Ok, I'll do a reinstall and follow your instructions  and get back to on how it goes.

Ok. But how is it currently working? With admin privileges or without? If running everything without, you should be able to use the EXE.xml auto-start method.

You really need to just play around with the various options and see what works for you. It would be better to run all without privileges, unless needed.

Hi John,

Now the Icon is working with a double click without running as administrator. It starts MSFS , then Prosim Audio and Prosim.exe. 

I didn't reinstall. I removed the 'Run as Administrator' settings under the compatibility Tab for FSUIPC7.exe and Prosim.exe. Prosim Audio.exe didn't have the 'Run as Administrator' set so didn't so anything with that one.  Also to note, Prosim Audio was the only one that ever ran with the batch file. I should have clued into that.

The issue for me is completely solved.

Thanks again for your support.

Ed B.

• burdman changed the title to MSFS Error 740 (Solved)